It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Universal Warfighter 2012 & Beyond

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Have been keeping an eye on DARPA, as usual. Found they have what may be considered as the end, of what the below quotes detail. That is some thing else, considered with other programs such as CROWS, these systems add up if looked at with an open mind for the bigger picture.
Sure, people say it could, or would never happen. Well the same was said about 9/11, and even now there are those who say it won't. I'll never understand selective ignorance, oh well every one has the right to be wrong, myself included.

Combine the next two concepts, and let me know what you all think. This I say, looks far more sinister than most may first consider.

Advanced Development of Next Actuators for Human Sensory Feedback
The development of actuators with enhanced capabilities is critical to the achievement of sensory feedback systems for intuitive, real time human operations of telerobotic systems. The objective of this research project is to continue development of new actuators using active materials which will enhance the capabilities of dexterous, exoskeletal feedback systems for telerobotic applications.
KEYWORDS:
Actuators Robotics
Exoskeleton Active Materials
Terfenol-D Force Feedback
Magnetostrictive
Telerobotics

Exoskeletons for Human Performance
Projects will lead to self-powered, controlled, and wearable exoskeletal devices and/or machines and demonstrations of their utility in military applications.
MATERIALS & DEVICES > SMART MATERIALS AND STRUCTURES >
www.darpa.mil...

Does T3 and or Mechs pop into any one elses minds?
No, oh well, it didn't mine either...

Other items of interest;

NOT FOR PUBLICATION UNTIL RELEASED BY SUBCOMMITTEE
"DARPA’s Exoskeleton program has been developing and demonstrating the...critical technologies such as power, control, and actuation that will lead to a self-powered..."
DARPA final (note-pdf)

Gizmag (image source)

join