It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military practices downing airliners

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 06:52 PM
link   
The U.S. military practices at least twice each week for the nightmare scenario of having to shoot down a civilian airliner hijacked by terrorists, the commander of forces in North America said Thursday.

I suppose this is a good idea in some respects...
but it does kinda make me worry!!!

Airline passengers can be confident that their planes will not be accidentally shot down, Eberhart said.

www.msnbc.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I wonder if any eyewitnesses in Shanksville, PA reported hearing a loud "boom" and then saw the plane hit the ground on 9/11?

I wonder if eyewitnesses to the suspicious crash of TWA Flight 800 recall a similar sequence of events?

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MKULTRA

I wonder if any eyewitnesses in Shanksville, PA reported hearing a loud "boom" and then saw the plane hit the ground on 9/11?

They did actually, i'm pretty sure theres some posts about it.

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Someone please explain to me why in the hell it takes training twice a week for this???

Doesn't the military already practice everyday on how to shoot stuff out of the sky?? Usually stuff moving a lot faster and protected than airliners. They train to shoot enemy fighters and missles. How hard can it be to shoot down a passenger plane???

How about spending 2 days a week training how to resolve the situation without blowing everything up?!?!?

Military Intelligence/Tactics all boils down to 2 words no matter what the situation is. "DESTROY IT!!"
Pure Genius!!

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mOjOm
How about spending 2 days a week training how to resolve the situation without blowing everything up?!?!?

*GASP* OMG YOU'RE ONE OF THOSE LIBERAL AMERICA-HATERS

I agree though, it doesnt take much to down a civilian airliner, hell i know some hicks who have a full surface to air defence system they traded for a tractor.

Shooting at an incoming 747 with one of those is like shooing a bb gun at a freight train, you really need to intercept them in the air and even then its not hard...this is just to get the pilots remembering how big a threat these hijackers are and how they need to pull that trigger in the event.

Nothing more than psychological training.

new topics

top topics

join