It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Reason for Bush's wall?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 11:40 PM
link   
We knew it was coming. A Berlin stlye wall between the US/Mexican border. This wall troubles me even more than the detention centers and biometric ID cards Bush spoke of in his speech last night. Here's why.

There are some famous walls in history, most notably Hadrians wall, Great Wall of China and the Berlin Wall.

Most people think that when the Berlin wall came down in 1989, it was because the East Germans were free. And admittadly they were "more free" than what they were in 1961 went it first went up. However by the time the wall came down in 1989, the West Germans were considerably less free than what they were in 1961.

Through licensing, permits, regulations, etc, West Germany in 1989 looked alot more like East Germany did in 1961. Not exactly like it, but close enough to tear down the wall.

In otherwords, the Berlin Wall didn't come down because the people in the east were free. It came down because the people in the west were sufficiently controlled enough through licensing, permits, regulations, etc, that there was no need for a wall anymore.

West Germany and East Germany were enough alike by 1989, there was no longer a need for a wall to separate the slaves from the east from the slaves of the west!

I realize that a hard pill for some people to swallow. While I can't document this supposition with hard facts, I believe this to be the truth of the matter as far as the REAL reason the Berlin wall came down.

With this thought in mind, the problem with walls is that while they can keep some people OUT of a place, they can also keep other people IN a place. This is just speculation, but could it be that the REAL REASON for this new wall is to keep Americans from fleeing to Mexico once the Police State America kicks in full force?

Once Martial Law is declared in America (which it will be after the next 9/11 or two) can anyone picture people wanting to cross the border INTO Mexico to escape the American Police State that IS coming? Could the real reason for this wall be to prevent this from happening? Any thoughts?

[edit on 18-5-2006 by Chezz]

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Here's a link that sort of backs up what I was saying about why the Berlin wall came down. www.uhuh.com...

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Hmm I don't agree Chezz but a good idea for a topic anyways. Sadly the wall is really not going to be long enough to do much. The Mexicano's are likely just going to go around it.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Ever been to Mexico? I think Mexico is worse than any police state that the government can throw at us. Hell even if America did become a full out police state, I would still rather not be in mexico.

[edit on 20-5-2006 by NegativeBeef]

[edit on 20-5-2006 by NegativeBeef]

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Is he going to build an acctual wall or just put up some fences that anyone can get through with a pair of pliers ? I thought it was just a few barbed fences. Besides they are never going to completly cover the border in a 12 foot wall. Bush dont have the ballz.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Also, another question. What about countries like China and Russia? Are they part of the NWO? They surely must know more about the NWO more than we do. What are they gonna do about it? Those countries are already under dictatorship and I'm sure their leaders won't want to give up their powers to some NWO.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chezz
We knew it was coming. A Berlin stlye wall between the US/Mexican border. This wall troubles me even more than the detention centers and biometric ID cards Bush spoke of in his speech last night. Here's why.

There are some famous walls in history, most notably Hadrians wall, Great Wall of China and the Berlin Wall.

Most people think that when the Berlin wall came down in 1989, it was because the East Germans were free. And admittadly they were "more free" than what they were in 1961 went it first went up. However by the time the wall came down in 1989, the West Germans were considerably less free than what they were in 1961.

Through licensing, permits, regulations, etc, West Germany in 1989 looked alot more like East Germany did in 1961. Not exactly like it, but close enough to tear down the wall.

In otherwords, the Berlin Wall didn't come down because the people in the east were free. It came down because the people in the west were sufficiently controlled enough through licensing, permits, regulations, etc, that there was no need for a wall anymore.

West Germany and East Germany were enough alike by 1989, there was no longer a need for a wall to separate the slaves from the east from the slaves of the west!

I realize that a hard pill for some people to swallow. While I can't document this supposition with hard facts, I believe this to be the truth of the matter as far as the REAL reason the Berlin wall came down.

With this thought in mind, the problem with walls is that while they can keep some people OUT of a place, they can also keep other people IN a place. This is just speculation, but could it be that the REAL REASON for this new wall is to keep Americans from fleeing to Mexico once the Police State America kicks in full force?

Once Martial Law is declared in America (which it will be after the next 9/11 or two) can anyone picture people wanting to cross the border INTO Mexico to escape the American Police State that IS coming? Could the real reason for this wall be to prevent this from happening? Any thoughts?

[edit on 18-5-2006 by Chezz]

Interesting theory. I think that if there were such a cataclysmic event that the U.S. turned into a police state it would not hold for more than a few months, most people would be outraged at this this, I think we'd have another revolution, people simply wouldn't accept it. Also if the U.S. were to become a police state then then the gov wouldn't have a problem letting the agitators leave to Mexico as in your theory. Why keep people who wont follow the system around and who are potentially dangerous to its success?

Also I think your analogy of the Berlin wall is wrong. For it to be true it would be MEXICO building a wall in order to keep their citizens from emigrating to the U.S. but in reality it is the other way around.

I pretty much take this issue at face value, we're doing nothing more than securing our borders in a lawful way.

That's my 2 cents.

[edit on 22-5-2006 by Distortion]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 04:11 AM
link   
but again, no one wants to go to mexico, even if it is to escape the NWO.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I'm thinking the idea is to get into mexico then get go somewhere else. I doubt the intention is to settle in Mexico.

If the US did become a police state then I don't think it would be long before mexico was forced into joining the union.

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 06:34 AM
link   
join the union? Mexico is already under police state

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 07:23 AM
link   
What would keep people from going north?

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Canada??? Now NOBODY wants to go to Canada

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   

With this thought in mind, the problem with walls is that while they can keep some people OUT of a place, they can also keep other people IN a place.

Well I may be wrong but I would assume we americans are just as capable of digging spiffy tunnels under the border just like our south american friends.

Having said that, I really am not too worried about the supposed police state that may or may not be coming.

It is nearly impossible to control (truly control as in herdings and round ups) a population as large and with as much wiggle room as we fortunate americans.

Let's also not forget that americans no matter the generation have rebelion bred into their bones. We're indoctrinated to believe in fighting for freedom from grade school on.

Every one remembers hearing the stories in first and second grade about the brave george washington at valley forge or the minute men (the original minute men), paul revere, one if by land two if by sea and of course the traitorous Benedict Arnold...wonderfully explored in the old brandy bunch series.

We have easier access to arms and other helpful gear from communications to medical than most people in other countries. Most of us have spent time in the outdoors and realise there is a lot of room out there to get lost...and then get organised.

Sorry, rambling at this point but in the end though I just think that any type of coup or even some form of rebellion is very hard to accomplish in a place like america.

A good resistense movement could be very effective however...should a need for something like that come to pass.

Anyway, a wall can't really keep you in if you're determined. It also wont keep the equally determined out.

IMO of course.

SPiderj

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
not too very well exposed by the media
is the pretty large population
of senior & or retired American Pensioneers living a semi-expatriot
life there in Mexico communities.

They make their retirement money go further, and can afford maids
and other perks that the rat-race up here in the states they couldn't
afford or provide them. the medical is adequate, the housing on par with
what the seniors were used to.
And if anything does arise, they are a short flight away from
TX, AZ, CA facilities & health care over & above their primary doctor.

The 'security fence' is a control gate for the govt & law-abiding citizens
from both sides of the border.
The 'Wall' is a gauntlet of sorts, for those which circumvent law and live
above-beyond the law & rules of civilised society.

in a few years, the S to N border crossers, will be clammoring to get into
the service industries that cater & support the retirement communities of
Americans in Mexico!! just wait & see...

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by NegativeBeef

I meant Union as in the USA

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by tkmelb

Originally posted by NegativeBeef

I meant Union as in the USA

LMAO that would be every Mexican's dream!

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   

no one wants to go to mexico, even if it is to escape the NWO
thats not true, The drinking age isn't enforced there :w: and I have relatives in mexico. Not mexican myself though....

[edit on 5/28/06 by TristanBW9456]

new topics

top topics

join