It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seems Very Obvious To Me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Hello,

I'm new here, but I wanted to post something that I believe is very obvious and very well underplayed by the government about this whole war, and the wars to come. We, The USA have long been lead finacially by the oil industry. It has influenced our governemnt for years and has made a few very wealthy people along the way, but seems to me we are now running low on their "gold mine", oil. Why not attack a few countries seize and control their oil under the guise of a plan to slow terrorism. You see they are going down with the ship, and want to milk every last dollar they can. The oil industry is , not to scare anyone, nearing it's end, and when they have no more money....they have no more power.....this scares them.....anyway to simplify my babbling.......They need oil, and this is the cheapest way to get it.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Why do you beleive the industry is at its end? There are still many untapped fields that are known, and many more unknown fields.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Ok not coming to an end this very minute, but the future of power is not in oil, and they know it.

FNF

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 04:08 AM
link   
True to some extent, but the Balance of power theory also plays a role in the US's foreign policy.
Put quite simply, to stay strong your enemies must be weak, and the US has a fair few enemies.
A prime exmaple would be the current 'problem' with Iran. If you think about it, the real reason the US doesn't want Iran to have a nuclear weapon isn't because they 'know' they will use it on Israel etc, but more likely because they know if they need to invade the middle-east in the future (for example Oil) they will have problems because Iran can fight back.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by FNF
Put quite simply, to stay strong your enemies must be weak...

...if they need to invade the middle-east in the future (for example Oil) they will have problems because Iran can fight back.

FNF, I salute your exquisite understanding of realpolitik.

This is almost certainly the thinking behind the current Iran furore. It's true that Iran is in contravention of the NPT, but that treaty is intended, in large measure, to secure the existing nuclear Powers. Coincidentally, it helps secure the world, or so it's argued, which is the reason why most people regard the NPT as a Good Thing. But why shouldn't Iran have its own civilian nuclear programme, if other countries do?

Of course, the Iranians also understand realpolitik, so you may be sure they don't plan to stop at a civilian nuclear programme. What to do? That's what all the fuss is about, isn't it?

As for the power of Big Oil, it is great indeed, but it would be an exaggeration, I think, to claim that its interests dominate American foreign policy to the exclusion of all others.

FNF

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
[Mod Edit: removed unnecessary quote of Entire preceeding post]

Glad to see my time at university did bare some fruit

Mod Note: Quoting on ATS – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5/18/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by imaconspiracy
The oil industry is , not to scare anyone, nearing it's end,...

Not so. The US has one of the world's largest oil "reserves" in the form of oil shale.

Perhaps a quick Google on such would, at least, begin to broaden your understandings...

link

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Ive always questioned if oil is REALLY a fossil fuel. This is assumed by most people, but if you read Tommy Gold's writings (the discoverer of the neutron star) it might not really be so obvious. There are many untapped fields in Russia, Asia, and offshore. It sometimes seem's to me that oil is NOT running out. Go to Venezuela and buy a gallon of gas for 5 cents. How come

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
There are unlimited oil reserves inside the Earth, and the Russians 30 years ago developed the technology necessary to recover these unlimited oil reserves efficiently.

'Peak Oil' claims that because today we only find one barrel of oil for every four that we use, world oil reserves are running out. Completely misleading propaganda. as the Russians [and the CIA] know perfectly well, reserves of oil in the mantle of the earth are infinite. 'Peak Oil' also claims that we will shortly be unable to pump sufficient oil out of the ground to keep up with demand. Completely misleading propaganda again. We could drill more wells, but Wall Street cannot afford to pay for them, and never intended to, at least not while it still believed conquest and eternal occupation of the Middle East was a realistic possibility.

new topics

top topics

join