It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 Decoy Now, Real Activity Hanford Washington, Confirmed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I think this story deserves some attention.

A quick background on myself. I am a degreed engineer in the high-tech industry and have worked in the development of systems including unmanned robotic submarines, military satellite communications, and highly advanced medical equipment. I have been tested with a genius level IQ, and I am generally a very skeptical and scientifically minded individual. I don’t fool easily.

I am also a first-hand witness to 2 different UFO sightings – the point there being that I am not a “believer”. I don’t need to “believe” that UFOs exist because I know they exist.

During the 1970’s I was in the USAF as an electronics technician stationed in the California Mojave desert. During that time I became friends with another AF technician, for the course of this exchange we’ll call him Jay. I left the USAF in ’78, but Jay stayed in for a number of years more.

Around 2000 I was poking around on the internet and happened to find contact information for Jay, whom I had not seen or spoken to since I left the AF. After a few exchanges we agreed to meet again in person. I do not live in the same area of the US as Jay, but I was planning a visit to his area for other reasons and ended up combining the trip so that I could accomplish both objectives. The only reason for our getting together was to talk about “old times”, and rekindle what was once a very good and close friendship...

Then the same person claimes:

Informant News - www.informantnews.com... If ANYONE thinks this story is bull, I CHALLENGE YOU to even try to approach this "non existent" facility on Rattlesnake Ridge in Hanford Washington!!!!!!!

Here is the link:Area 51 Decoy Now, Real Activity Hanford Washington, Confirmed

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Great post! interesting stuff going to check out Google Earth

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I've been waiting for this to happen. After all that exposure of Area51 during the last 18 years was more then normal that they would have tried to move their activity somewhere else.
Now we have to wait and see for people coming up with more information and data about this new underground base.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Telos,

I fail to see how this person's testimony is conclusional that Area 51 is simply a decoy.

Pure common sense dictates Area 51, for the foreseeable future, will continue to work on it's technological advancements of military and governmental applications in total secrecy.

Despite the fact people know what is there, ie. a a massive facility with large runways, people still don't know without a shadow of a doubt, what is being tested there.

Sure, people can summize aerospace technology is being tested, with Area 51 as a formidably isolated proving ground, but do we know exactly what projects are taking place? No, we don't. Years and years after Area 51 became the world's most well-known top-secret base, the only bits and pieces we put together is still from slowly released information from aerospace contractors and the USAF.

It makes absolutely no sense moving secret projects from an already perfectly placed test facility to somewhere within the public's eye.

Bar satellites, no one can see detailed imagery of Area 51, and security is so tight that all these supposed "confirmed" interviews are obviously some random Internet junkies pulling a prank and getting kicks out of it.

On a sidenote, don't believe too much of what you read at that website....

They want to be taken seriously?! There is a picture of Adriana Lima posing seductively within the homepage's top-fold and a sub-title of "Informants Hotties".

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Ok Simon you've got a point. Then it might be an attempt to distract peoples attention from Area 51 and make them focus somewhere else. Ether way I think is worth it as a thread
The material looked pretty fresh to me, that's why I said lets wait and see if somdebody else will come foreward with more information.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Simon,
I think what they are speaking about isn't the "military" portion of the area 51 mystery...

They are hinting that the "good stuff" was sent somewhere where so many people couldn't get close...
and with the massive growth in both size, and amount of personel, That part does make sense...

a hypothetical statement of " if there was UFO tech, at area 51, then it needed to be moved" cannot really be defied with a blanket statement that area 51 is still in business...

of course it is, but is it the same business it has always been in...

I await the sat photos...

and i suppose i would like to see someone try to get there personally... too far for me though.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
www.hanford.gov...
www.atomicmuseum.com...

It was home to the 83rd AAA Missile Battalion, DOE(dept. of energy) and the AEC(atomic energy comission) There was underground nuclear testing done there. Highly used during the cold war. Testing was called for suspension in 1992 by Bush.

Picture of the old working plants
Another picture

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
yea if its up north its got to do with cold war. they may be spending lots on upgrades to the facility but i doubt its a big secret especially if you can get THAT close to it. it also doesnt look to much like a place where anything to do with aliens theres. Its not a good cover. No mountains blocking much veiw ect.

plus it seem to be an observatory or somthing not sure though.

Finally id think there would be reports of strange objects in the sky because is they were reverse engineering anything im pretty sure theyd also have to test it.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   
At this point then I think the best thing to do is to accept the challenge:

If ANYONE thinks this story is bull, I CHALLENGE YOU to even try to approach this "non existent" facility on Rattlesnake Ridge in Hanford Washington!!!!!!!

Whoever wrote this is challengin everybody.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 03:08 AM
link   
If i lived anywhere near it. I would accept the challenge

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Okay, I understand what you mean by Area 51 being a decoy for other "juicy" stuff.

There is no doubt that secret research takes place all over the USA, and all over the world. There are numerous facilities linked to classified project management across the country.

My point was with regards ongoing projects pertaining to Area 51's original purpose, aircraft and aerospace. As for different technology engineering and prototyping, I'm sure this happens at good ol' Groom Lake underground too, but I do agree that similarly exotic testing takes place elsewhere.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Thank goodness someone knows about this! I live by the Hanford area, and yes I know plenty of folk that work there too. Rattlesnake, I believe had an observatory, but that's all we commoners know of. Not many people around here dare to explore. BTW, I don't think it's possible, when you are driving towards the Hanford facility you have strict restriction zones. Like AREA 51, there is a huge sign telling everyone that no unauthorized person is allowed beyond these limits. And I'm sure they have adapted technology around the facility to prevent any infiltration. The rest of the area is very desertic and isolated.

I'll tell you one funny phenomenon I encounter nearly every damn day. Chemtrails....this area is pretty secluded and we only have one very small airport to see so many chemtrails in one day and then the next day see none...it makes little sense. I don't know what kind of tests they conduct there, but I'm begining to worry!

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I too live on the outskirts of the Hanford site, I know a handfull of people who work for Fluor, Bechtel, and the DOE and can't say I've heard a thing about NATO, UFO's, or recent conspiracy. I did however post a thread on an odd convoy heading down highway 240. As for Rattlesnake, the DOE is pulling down the observatory, not sure why. I kinda think this whole thread is way off kilter.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
there is no way hanford is the new area51.
to many civilians have access out there.
3 of my grandparents have worked there my best freinds family in vited me to family day out there.
we got to drive cars shoot guns and look around some areas.
the area has a river on the backside of it called the reach and the public has full access to the whole river.
you can see everything i go fishing and inter tubing up there.
theres a 3 strain barbless wire fence around it.
yea theres some secret stuff out there but its no area51.
you can see alot out there.
not area 51 strictly a energy site for nuclear energy but probaly was used for experiments in the good ol' 50s and 60s

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I remember watching a show, I cannot recall what it was called but it was on either Discovery Channel or History Channel. If I recall correctly it was about the Manhatten Project, basically when they were cleaning up the Hanford Site they located a bank safe in an onsite landfill. After they opened it up, they found that it contained the only remaining samples from the manhatten project, in otherwords the oldest refined nuclear material on earth. I think they said that it was given to the Smithsonaian or some faciltiy they own and they are storing it for years to come.

Kinda interesting if you ask me. It is obvious that many years ago this facility was not as secure as one would expect a nuclear facility to be. I dont know if this would be true considering the access the tv cameras had to the location, but then again they didnt go inside any building from what I can remember.

Just a bit of information you may find interesting.

Fry

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eden
www.hanford.gov...
www.atomicmuseum.com...

It was home to the 83rd AAA Missile Battalion, DOE(dept. of energy) and the AEC(atomic energy comission) There was underground nuclear testing done there. Highly used during the cold war. Testing was called for suspension in 1992 by Bush.

Picture of the old working plants
Another picture

Not sure where you got your information from or how much,or little research you did,but nuclear testing of any kind was never done in or around Hanford.

Atomic test sites

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
IIRC Hanford is closed for Superfund clean up work in certain areas. They still have serioous security all over that site.

It wouldn't surprise me at all of something like this.

I don't think that Area 51 is a decoy, merely involved in other types of work. Think about if for a minute. We are trying to reverse engineer propulsion systems. But what about anti-gravitational sytem and inertia cancellation systems...seems to me that all three would need areas for development.

In the book written by Nick Cook "The Hunt For Zero Point" Cook states that huge defense contractors would ALL have to have some involvement. Maybe one company will work on one small item and another will work on something else, with noone really knowing the whole picture.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

At this point then I think the best thing to do is to accept the challenge:

Thats not proof of anything. Just because there is security at a nuclear facility, somehow means that is the new USAF test facility?

You also can not get inside Palo Verde nuclear power plant near Phoenix, does that mean it is a sooper sekrit USAF test facility?

You are making an assertion and saying its true unless proven otherwise, and because there is security there is proof. Well how about you prove your assertion, show us the USAF base at Hanford? I mean with a large runway and test facility it should be easy to find huh

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
hanford was the place were they made the material for one of the bombs.
they didnt test nuclear bombs there.
they did have a bombing range.
it is were modern day west richland is.
people have found the different things they dropped from 50 cal machine gun casings to types of bombs.
hanford is one of the most contaminated nuclear site ever.
more then 5 tons of waste has been leaked into the river.
they just barried barrels and "forgot" about it.
it is guarded well but i mean its definitely no area 51.
now they are using it to make nuclear energy and using the left over isotopes for somekind of smething i dont remember.
yea you wouldnt want to mess with hanford patrol.
they have many tools such as 50cals,g36 ar15s,grenade launchers,grenades.
plus the yakima military training grounds are 55 miles away and they have some serious stuff.

new topics

join