It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens or God, which is more likely?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Are there aliens among us? People claim to talk to God and see angels as do people claim to be abducted by aliens and see space ships. Is God ET? If there are aliens does that mean God doesn't exist, or is there one mighty God that is repsonsible for all the universe and beyond? There is not enough answers to all the questions out there.

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 06:55 PM
link   
God. There are enough answers, but many seem unwilling to believe them.

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I dont think you can put them in the same category,there is a good chance there there are Aliens in a universe this size i find it hard to believe we're the only ones.

God on the other hand, a supreme omnipotent being

I think they are both out there anyway.

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 07:36 PM
link   
The only thing the more credible people on this topic have considered these things to be are extraterrestrials, not God or gods. I stick with their belief as well. Aliens.

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 07:40 PM
link   
More credible people? Ha! The ones you tend to believe, or to whom you lend credibility. So what, you are the same as the rest of us. No merit or demerit there!

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Aliens ... The people who believe in god just won't accept that there IS other life out there cuz the bible doesn't say there is. Hell ... they prolly believe athiest made up the whole dinosaur thing

ID

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 07:56 PM
link   

God. There are enough answers, but many seem unwilling to believe them.
You claim to have proof of the existence of God? Please enlighten me as to what you have found that proves what the whole world has been unable to. Aliens may exist and God may exist. Debating those topics would be useless as no one has enough proof to eliminate all doubt.

Rather then engage in those useless arguments I suggest an alternative. John Lennon once said "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me" my proposal is very similar, rather then put your faith in unfounded speculation why not root them closer to yourself? The time spent attempting to prove that which we currently cannot could be better spend exploring and perfecting ourselves. It would be more productive to look in yourself then to the sky. The answers to the greatest questions are often simple and to use yet another quote to illustrate my point: "In all chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder a secret order."
--Carl Jung

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
More credible people? Ha! The ones you tend to believe, or to whom you lend credibility. So what, you are the same as the rest of us. No merit or demerit there!
The evidence for the best UFO sightings, which conclusively show these things as real took place as anomalous events at air force bases prove that these things aren't God or gods. Why on earth would God/gods need to look at nuclear weapons or mess with earthly military? Its the same question Kirk proposed in Star Trek V. "What does God need with a starship?" I'll tell you what, he doesn't. These things aren't dieties in any sense and there is a whole hell of a lot more evidence to this degree. The Roswell crash of 1947 had some dead creatures in it. You're basically saying God can die and show up as multiple little weird creature corpses rather than just disappearing, which would be what any normal diety would do.

[Edited on 19-10-2003 by heelstone]

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Imagine if you will that time travel is possible.
When we achieve that we go back thousands of years.
we take a few "necessities"
battery operated cd player... we can magically make music out of thin air.
Digital camera.... we can steal peoples souls and inspect them up close.
flashlight....we can make light in the darkness without fire from the palm of our hand.

Now imagine the reactions of the people in those times to our common gadgets.

hell, I bet I could get a following with little or no trouble in a short span of time.

Now imagine if ET's actually did visit earth.
The ship coming in from the clouds.
Oh ya... that is god.
You can bet it would have instantly been dubbed the chariot of the gods.

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by e-nonymous
Aliens ... The people who believe in god just won't accept that there IS other life out there cuz the bible doesn't say there is. Hell ... they prolly believe athiest made up the whole dinosaur thing

...hows the tar?? Need a top up...or a new brush??

I have a VERY strong belief in God...and I believe in the existance of Aliens. Kinda blows that theory.

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I agree with NephraTari. What we take for granted every day would be considered godly to past cultures. What they took for granted would be considered godly for past cultures. When I look to the sky, I do not seek an omnipitent being, rather I seek other beings in general.

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 09:39 PM
link   
-ok- ... well ... there are some exceptions. Some religous people I've talked to don't believe in alien's ... Whole dino thing wasa light joke tho

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I have to agree with alien. I have a strong belief in God...but I also believe that ET life exists. My personal belief, that some people, believe it or not, disagree with, is that God created other ET life - that we have not found yet. What is to stop him from doing that? As for the Bible not saying anything about ET life, maybe our personal Bible was made only for us humans. That is my theory.

Good night.

-wD

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 02:49 AM
link   
both exist...
and as a final roadblock the "living god" worshipped by the OT jews and also known as seraphim told them there is no such thing as an extraterrestrial...
what a way to keep those early men mentally in check, and as obedient as puppies...
but the father of all creation sent his son to show us the ways and sins of man that were taught to these early men and ways to percieve the decption that is really going on...

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 11:39 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 11:46 AM
link   
That picture would be better served in the "do you think" thread where questions are asked regarding alien seeding of life on earth.

I don't think aliens are God or gods. I do think they play a role in man's creation. That does not make them gods regardless of how technologically advanced they may be.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I wonder if aliens have gods.
and if they do, would they be other aliens superior to them or real gods, and what if those god's were aliens,
would they have gods?

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 11:49 AM
link   
one should not rule out the other.

Evolution is a hoax???? well i have watched many discussions with mr truth on that topic and i cant believe it is bull. Evolution didnt stop it is still going on and will go on.

I do believe different lifeforms are out there, maybe even here. The mothman i believe are quite real and could be responsible for alot of things we think are gosts and spacemen. As for god..your l;ooking at it in the reflection of your monitor..

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fury
I wonder if aliens have gods.
and if they do, would they be other aliens superior to them or real gods, and what if those god's were aliens,
would they have gods?

I have wondered about what aliens think of other aliens. And I mean this due to what I've seen on films. Sure there are videos of metal saucer type vehicles, but then there are videos of objects that change shape or are simply balls of light. I'm sure there is some sort of technological gap between some alien species and others because of these apparent visual differences in UFO types. A saucer-type would be fairly archaic next to some amorphous glowing blob vehicle.

[Edited on 20-10-2003 by heelstone]

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I'm going to have to go with Aliens on this subject. Just because I still have a problem with believing in a superior being such as a God.

new topics

top topics

join