It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI search for Jimmy Hoffa in Michigan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
It appears a recent tip sparked a search from the FBI in Michigan for the remains of Jimmy Hoffa.

edition.cnn.com...

(CNN) -- FBI agents and local police searched farmland Wednesday afternoon outside Detroit, Michigan, after receiving a tip about the disappearance of former Teamsters union leader Jimmy Hoffa.

The search was being conducted in Milford Township, 30 miles west of Detroit. Police from nearby Bloomfield Township were assisting the FBI agents.

Aerial footage from the scene showed at least 15 people outside of a barn, most of whom were digging a rectangular hole.

There must have been some merit to this tip to spark such a search. What is everyones take on this one?

Anyone think Hoffa's remains will ever be discovered?

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I guess I wonder Who Cares? The teamsters have always been corrupt along with the other International Unions and finding Jimmy will not change that.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I just saw a segment on beyond tomorrow where those myth buster guys looked for Hoffa in some football field where he is supposedly buried, maybe that got the person to phone in or something.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Hey, that's what I thought. I heard an urban legend that the remains of Jimmy Hoffa was on the 50 yard line of Giants' Stadium in New York. I saw a "Mythbusters" episode on it. But, they did an extensive search of the field and through infrared(?) equiptment, they found no remains.

They even tried the cement blocks holding up the stadium. And no remains there either.

Does Jimmy Hoffa's son, the one that eventually ran the Union not too long ago, have an interest in what the FBI has to say?

[edit on 18-5-2006 by ceci2006]

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 03:44 AM
link   
That guy was served up in a Hot Dog bun with some saurkraut, and onions a looooong time ago. They won't find him ever again.

[edit on 18-5-2006 by ThePieMaN]

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I hope they find his bones because I'd like to know once and for all what exactly happened. I don't think anyone will ever know who whacked him but it would be nice to put the whereabouts of his remains to bed.

Peace

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I too would like to know.

Do I think they will find them? Quite possibly. If he is buried somewhere.

The people who did him in are probably pushing up daisies now themselves. I don't think even identifying the killer(s) would have any repercussions in this day an age.

If he's not buried in the ground however, I don't think he would ever be found.

Its been one of the great 'all time secrets' as to whatever happened to him, so I think his body would have been disposed of rather than buried.

But... you never know.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   
so, I was in detroit a couple days ago, a couple roads were closed, and coincidentially we ended up right where this was going down...alot of news crews around people just standing around. meh. who knows..but, I do know this almost made me late to the concert I was going to. curse hoffa!

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Well, the suits are done digging another hole in the ground and there is still no body.

As an equestrienne, and someone who knows what it costs to put up a barn the size of the one the FBI destroyed, I would like to know if the government is going to pay to have the stable rebuilt.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Now they are going to stop digging after finding nothing at all. What a waste of taxpayers money.

source

Officials have announced they will stop digging for Teamster leader Jimmy Hoffa after finding no trace of his remains.

A tip from federal inmate Donovan Wells led FBI agents from Detroit, Chicago and Washington, D.C., to a barn in Milford Township.

Wells told police Hoffa's body was buried on the property over 30 years ago. A digging crew was brought out to the site. The crew remained on location at the barn for nearly two weeks.

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I tend to believe the Mafia Hitman "Iceman" when he said he heard he was crushed inside a White Toyota and then the car was shipped over seas "for scrap metal I assume". Chances if something like that went down he would never be found.

Either that or if they were smart the body would have went to a Mafia controlled dump and a few days later be buried under hundreds of tons of Garbage.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Finally, the little guy wins -

Out of pure curiosity, I e-mailed the stable owners and they informed me that the FBI will be reimbursing them for the replacement/rebuilding of the barn. There was a delay in digging for the non-existent body of Hoffa. This was due to their negotiations with the FBI regarding the cost of making them whole.

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

I tend to believe the Mafia Hitman "Iceman" when he said he heard he was crushed inside a White Toyota and then the car was shipped over seas "for scrap metal I assume". Chances if something like that went down he would never be found.

Either that or if they were smart the body would have went to a Mafia controlled dump and a few days later be buried under hundreds of tons of Garbage.

I agree. I cannot see the mob being so careless as to allow their bodies to be found by anyone unless they wanted it that way.

[edit on 5/31/2006 by Bibliophile]

top topics

join