It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Agents hot on the trail of...Jimmy Hoffa?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
A recent breaking news report from CNN indicates that the FBI, in conjunction with local law enforcement, is in the process of searching farmland outside of Detroit. The Milford Township search is being conducted in hopes of uncovering the body of famed teamster Jimmy Hoffa. Since Hoffa went missing in 1975, even if remains are found it will likely take time to identify them with DNA.

www.cnn.com
FBI agents and local police searched farmland Wednesday afternoon outside Detroit, Michigan, after receiving a tip about the disappearance of former Teamsters union leader Jimmy Hoffa.

Aerial footage from the scene showed at least 15 people outside of a barn, most of whom were digging a rectangular hole.

Hoffa was last seen July 30, 1975. The FBI has a sample of his DNA.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Though I am impressed with the FBI's efforts to continue a 21 year old investigation into an unsolved murder, Frank Sheehan, who died in 2003 had already confessed to the murder. Aside from identifying the body, it is highly unlikely that any additional evidence could be found that would lead to any arrests.

Call me silly, but I would rather the FBI concentrate on corruption and anti-terrorism investigations, but I suspect that the former would not go over well, netting roughly 1/3 of all elected officials and the latter is likely more hype than the active threat that it is purported to be.

apc

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
There are still LOTS of questions surrounding his disappearance/murder. Sheeran's involvement is suspicious in the least. His statements have brought much scrutiny and some don't even believe they are his words. His daughter says the signature on his confession was forged. Having Hoffa's body would answer many of these issues.

the latter is likely more hype than the active threat that it is purported to be.

Nice injection there. Too bad we don't live in one of the countries with suicide bombers exploding all the time. And you wonder why the FBI has the time to look for thirty year old bodies.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Here are some photos if anyone is interested:

The search efforts:

Jimmy Hoffa (1971):

Jimmy Hoffa (1957):

And some background reading:
Jimmy Hoffa - Coverups.com

Jimmy Hoffa - Wikipedia

Jimmy Hoffa - Crime Library

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by chaosrain

(...)
Call me silly, but I would rather the FBI concentrate on corruption and anti-terrorism investigations, but I suspect that the former would not go over well, netting roughly 1/3 of all elected officials and the latter is likely more hype than the active threat that it is purported to be.

Yes, because they would never touch on, let alone concentrate on, that other disturbing matter, to wit, the way the Federal Gov't works in cahoots with the Mafia to keep the so-called "working class" under control by letting the Mafiosi run the trade unions. This is explained in Ferdinand Lundberg's THE RICH AND THE SUPER-RICH, which was a bestseller nearly 40 years ago. He's a Columbia U. economist and he also wrote AMERICA'S SIXTY FAMILIES (1936).

top topics

join