It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress may make ISPs snoop on you

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Source

A prominent Republican on Capitol Hill has prepared legislation that would rewrite Internet privacy rules by requiring that logs of Americans' online activities be stored, CNET News.com has learned.

The proposal comes just weeks after Attorney General Alberto Gonzales said Internet service providers should retain records of user activities for a "reasonable amount of time," a move that represented a dramatic shift in the Bush administration's views on privacy.

Liberties? What liberties??? THESE LIBERTIES.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Hey,
Google and the other search engines are crying to high heaven because the government strong armed assess to their machinery. Right now the government controls what pops up when you google. I.E. you only get the info they want you to see. I am not the smartest knife in the drawer but i do have access to classified info because I hang out with retired spooks at my gym. There is a formula that is as old as dirt.
A. create chaos and atrocity.
B. speak out against it and blame the current powers that be. thus becomeing a hero.
C. Bring order out of the chaos you create.
D. Empower yourself before you try it or you will be exposed.

How? well, lets see, what would be a good weapon to use. Blackmail maybe? Anthrax? Mini-nukes?

Then you blame the current power, promise change, divide the republican or any other party, get your party in power, Wham-You are in control.

CREATING ORDER OUT OF THE CHAOS YOU CREATE GIVES YOU GREAT POWER.
There is a latin saying for that . It translates to "order out of chaos." It's an old Illuminati strategy.

If I wanted to gain Dictator power, I would torture iraqi terrorists and speak out against it to make me look benevolent. I would have my guys kill innocent iraqi civis and speak out against it to make me look benevolent. I would pander to the anti-war majority that my choas created to make me look popular to americans and arabs. I would divide the opposition party so my party could come into power and make myself speaker or something. Maybe put my hand puppets in the white house and rule from behind the scenes so I wouldn't have to take any blame for anything. i could just criticize any missteps i make my hand puppets do, so i could be known as a voice of reason. Maybe get a courage medal for all my moral speaking out. Whats so hard bout that?

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Perhaps it's time to consider alternate means of communication. Through history the dissident and persecuted have always found such means however meager, difficult and slow.

The Russian concept of "Samisdat" (sorry if I blew the spelling) comes to mind, so do old school POTS dial up BBS's and FTP's, of Telnet's, gets and shells and Mi6 kicking rocks in a Russian park. Seems a thousand years ago... I wonder how the NSA'd like a 2048 bit 3 pass crypto to chew on... 3 different algo's, maybe just fill it with usless hash. Not that I would want to occupy valuable resources in the war on terror or anything but you do see the possibilites. There are always alternatives and choices.

So your ISP snoops. OK. All is logged to IP and timestamp. Fine. If we have nothing to hide. OK. But there are always alternatives for the creative of mind. I suspect that there are a few folks perhaps here at ATS that may be old enough or young enough to think of a way(s) around such Net impediments should the Sennsenbrenner stuff go into full swing. The Net isn't the only game in town either, never was... but it sure "works" for me.

I'm of the opinion that it is all logged already... and the legislation will make it more readily "usable" by those who would do so in these days of full spectrum warfare, where you are the battlefield.

Let's hope for better days,

Victor K.

[edit on 21-5-2006 by V Kaminski]

new topics

join