It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How America can Defeat Terror

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2002 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I see alot of people on this board talking about how ineffective the War on Terror is, and how peaceful solutions were found to the problems caused by the IRA and other such groups. Well, to start with, the British grew tired of fighting. That is why they lost. Secondly, the IRA had a clear goal. Al Quaeda does not. You cannot negotiate with people who make ambiguous demands, who attack you essentially because they hate the way you live and desire to set up a global Islamic theocracy. These people will not negotiate. They will not stop attacking us until they win. Whether all you leftist, European pansies (to those Europeans who are not pansies, I apologize) want to believe it, this is a war to the end. There will be no quarter from them. We can and must fight them with all our resources, with or without allies.

That said, I also think Bush is an idiot. Why? Because there is an obvious solution to our problem: unite with other countries with our goals. We have united strongly with Britain, but we must not stop there. Japan and America are tied together more closely than perhaps any nations in history, but we must do more. We must reach out to Russia. Russia is, in my mind, the key to victory. Russia is a rising economic power. To the south of them, there are Islamic nations who wish to tear them down. To their southeast, there is China, which covets Siberia. If America and Russia (the world's two strongest military and soon to be two strongest economic powers) unite, along with Britain and Japan, we will complete the following goals:

1. Russia and Britain pin the EU in, preventing Muslim expansionism from that part of the world.
  2. Russia and Japan will exert enough economic pressure on China to force the end of global Communist expansionism. China will then be on "our" side.
  3. The same will happen with North Korea.
  4. With American manpower, the Russians will be able to dig for oil in Siberia. This will provide enough oil to prevent the West from needing to rely on Islamic oil sources.
  5. This in turn will lead to economic collapse in the Muslim world.
  6. American military power will continue to persue and hound terrorists, especially to the south of Russia, and set up true republics in such nations as Iraq, Iran, etc.

However, Bush missed a great opportunity to reach out to Russia: the theatre incident. Had he offered help, he could have moved a long way towards such an alliance.

[Edited on 26-10-2002 by jesusislord]

posted on Oct, 26 2002 @ 11:59 PM
link   
What the hell would be the point in that? As if russia (or pretty much any western country) would need or accept help from the US in dealing with a domestic situation such as this.

Been reading too many tom clancy novels perhaps?

posted on Oct, 27 2002 @ 12:17 AM
link   
personally i do not think humans are smart enough to solve there problems yet... as a whole the human race must evolve more to solve terror...

posted on Oct, 27 2002 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Actually I think that what you say makes a lot of sence and indeed is happening already.

One drawback to your senario is that Russia is not economic powerhouse, sure its economy is getting better, but thats because there is no other place for it to go .... its hit rock bottom.

Russia and Britain pin the EU in, preventing Muslim expansionism from that part of the world.

But muslim expansionism is not in the form of Gengis Kahn, but economically, philosophically, and through immidration, you cannot stem that tide with traditional means. The islamification of europe is well underway, and will increasingly show that in the rejection of all things american...

Russia and Japan will exert enough economic pressure on China to force the end of global Communist expansionism. China will then be on "our" side.

nice words ..... how???

3,4,5 and 6 are all good points and as far as I have read, are all being undetaken at present.

One of the reasons for the american invasion of afghanastan was to secure a safe passage for a pipline from russia to india ...

I think that most of what you say is correct and already being implimented....

posted on Oct, 28 2002 @ 04:52 AM
link   
"This in turn will lead to economic collapse in the Muslim world. "

question.

how do you intend to deal with the massive humanitarian crisis this would leave millions of already impoverished civillians in or do you simply intend on rounding the populations of these countries up into large camps and watching them starve to death?

new topics

top topics

join