It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finding out if someones a mason.

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   
If someone was in a highish position of authority here in the UK, say for example the mayor of the city, is there any particular way apart from asking him to find out if he is a freemason?

Thanks,

CX.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I doubt it. They don't keep public records of the membership.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
What's wrong with just asking? Seems like a good way to find out.

My question to you is, does it matter?

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
they are active in the community and christian for the most part. Oh yeah, and there's that third eye and long spiked tail

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
All of the Masons that I know would answer Yes to the question if it were asked. But then again most of them were rings that has the square and compass on it. That would be a big give away. The main thing is as it has already said.....Does it really matter????

CX

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Thanks for that Nygdan.

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
What's wrong with just asking? Seems like a good way to find out.

My question to you is, does it matter?

Mainly because i don't often hang around with the city's mayor too much these days, and my answer to your last question would be "It may not matter to many people, but i would find it very interesting if he was and it would explain a few things in the news at the moment".

Thanks anyway,

CX.

CX

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Just out of interest, are the people above who asked me "Does it matter" masons themselves? I'm not for or against freemasonry, i just find it as interesting a subject as all the others on the site here. I just find it amusing that the comment "Does it really matter?" rarely springs up in the other subjects where people are encouraged to find out all they can to dig up conspiracy related issues.

CX.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
usually, any Mason I know will tell you hes a Mason. They also usually wear a ring or other piece of jewlery with the Masonic symbol on it.

Im with the others. Unless there is some weird, evil, disturbing, or corrupt happenings in your town that can be traced back to the mayor, I dont see why it would matter, except maybe for reference or information.

Of course, if you happen to wear a tin foil hat religously, you could try the various Masonic idnetification techniques that have been posted by people on this site, such as:

1. Secret Masonic handshake. A bunch of people on here claim that Masons identify each other with secret code handshakes. A load of crap if you ask me, but if youre feeling really adventurous, you could look at some threads of members claiming to know the secret handshake, then try it on the mayor. Im sure he will appreciate it.

2. Psychic projection. Supposedly, you can identify masons by their pitch black auras of pure evil.

3. Special detection equipment. Makes Masons revert temporarily back into their natural form, which is similar to bipedal gila monsters or something.

4. Check out city hall. if there are hexagrams, bloody altars draped in black cloth, children screaming in the basement, blindfolded guys walking around with swords, then you know you have walked into a Masonic temple.

5. If you see black or white vans with pyramids painted on them parked outside the mayors house, hes definitely a freemason.

Seriously, the above five are delivered in pure sarcasm.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Just out of interest, are the people above who asked me "Does it matter" masons themselves? I'm not for or against freemasonry, i just find it as interesting a subject as all the others on the site here. I just find it amusing that the comment "Does it really matter?" rarely springs up in the other subjects where people are encouraged to find out all they can to dig up conspiracy related issues.

CX.

I don't know, but just out of curiousity: why would you think the mayor of your town is a Mason? Is it because he belongs to other fraternal organizations as well, or is there another reason?

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX

There's more than a few dues cards in my wallet... And it "Does it matter?" does come up rather often in life... Does it matter if a person is a Christian, gay, straight, Jewish, Democrat, Republican, Hindu, or an ATS Member? I think not, but we ask ouselves about people everyday... Whether we want to admit it or not.

Case in point, is Tom Cruise getting all this negative publicity because he is a Scientologist, gay, or because Mission Impossible 3 sucked?

Auditor Monkeys, not just for juicy tidbits anymore...

CX

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
I don't know, but just out of curiousity: why would you think the mayor of your town is a Mason? Is it because he belongs to other fraternal organizations as well, or is there another reason?

My curiosity as to whether or not he is a mason is really a proccess of elimination to explain why someone related to him has been given a position that is just very very unusual in those circles. It would cause a lot of controversy if it were indeed the case that he was a mason, or at least many people across the country would maybe take the view that his relation only got this position due to his freemason connections.

To be honest, i agree with everyone who has replied to this post, it really does'nt matter. This post was purely a question about "how to find out if someones a mason" in order to satisfy a curious niggle i have. Nothing more, nothing less. I appreciate that some of the things that you guys find curious, won't matter to me, and that the things i find curious won't matter to you. I guess the world would be a very boring place if we all looked into the same curious niggles eh?

Thanks again for the replies, they are much appreciated.

CX.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Seems like you found your answer.

The Secret Societies forum is for conspiratorial discussion only...for this reason I am going to close this thread.

Thread Closed

new topics

top topics

join