It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ace Combat 5 Game Sponsored by Real Aircraft Corporations

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
jra

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by colour_of_fire
It's not sponsored by them as such, they're just being credited for the use of likenesses of their aircraft

Just wanting to quote this for emphasis. Those companies did not sponsor the game in anyway (as far as I know). They are listed only because they own the rights of those aircraft. The developer/publisher had to get permission to use them and possibly had to pay for the rights to use them. The same goes for car racing games like Gran Turismo and Need for Speed.

I wish these games came out for PC. I'd love to try them. I'm guessing they are more arcadish, than realistic? Probably somewhere in the middle?

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra

I wish these games came out for PC. I'd love to try them. I'm guessing they are more arcadish, than realistic? Probably somewhere in the middle?

im looking for a PS2 emulator and ace comabt roms
I'll let you know what I find

[edit on 20-5-2006 by warpboost]

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jra

Indeed, this isn't a game for the sim buffs, but there's enough attention to detail in there to elevate it above the level of being just another dumb shoot-em-up

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
They are somewhat realistic, but since most of the planes carry 50-60+ missiles and you dont have to land or take off, it is pretty much arcade style

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Yeah, the number of missles really does make the game more unrealistic. But you do get to land and take off on a few missions.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join