It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ace Combat 5 Game Sponsored by Real Aircraft Corporations

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I have bought Ace Combat 5 for my PS2 last week and im half way through it, I have noticed it is sponsored by REAL aerospace firms such as BAE Systems, Lockheed Martin, Dassault, Northrop Grumman and even the JASDF!!!!!!!!!.

Does anyone else out there on the Aircraft Projects Board have this game?

ALSO: There is a huge white shuttle type plane in it called the 'Arkbird', Could it be based on the Aurora/Brilliant Buzzard or some black project?

[edit on 17-5-2006 by Browno]

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I have it and there is no way the arkbird exists. Way too big to hide. Concepts like it do exist though that use atmospheric friction and are powered by scramjets I believe. Also the airbornlaser concepts are in existance too.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
i have ace combat 4,great game i love it,buy i noticed that real comp's sponsored it back then also. The arkbird is a great idea/concept though,they launch it into space by using a giant rail accelerator.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
It is called product placement. Get used to it. The manufacturers of cars and planes have started threatening lawsuits against model manufacturers and video game companies. They state that the images used are their property and they deserve compensation. Royalties have already jacked up the prics of plastic models. I am willing to bet that the this sponsorship is just another form of advertising.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
on the topic of acecombat I kinda wanted to ask if you thought that 4 or 5 was better...

4 had better physics

5 had better graphics and aircraft/aircraft capabilities

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Unfortunately,i havent played 5 yet. I will be soon though.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   
heres some things to look out 4

cruddy physics
play on high difficulty to unlock planes through leveling up
shoot hangars on certain levels to unlock falken which is ugly and expensive but it has a laser.
X-02 forever!!!
theres no returnline for inmission rearming unfortunately
campaign is shorter
some missions dont let you save (starting with mission 18) so make sure you have enough time

I cleared the game in about 4-hours
took me about 3 days for all S-ranks on ace and all planes unlocked
What can I say I'm an ace

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   
although the Brilliant Buzzard is supposed to be a mothership of some sort (allegedly for the Aurora) It would be far to difficult to house such a beast unless you have some giant underground caverns. Might be tough to take off so precisely to avoid hitting either the ground, walls, or roof though.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   
The Arkbird is just a highly stylized waverider.
Compare:

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
It's not sponsored by them as such, they're just being credited for the use of likenesses of their aircraft

(I prefer AC4)

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Anyone know if they make the game for PC? I dont have a PS2 and want to fly the arkbird

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Yeah ive got the best ive had and sooo slammed it..

Cant wait 4 the next instalment RAZGRIZ SQN

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I have Zero and 4. All great games. Haven't played 5 yet.

4 for me was the best, as Zero I cleared in a day with all S rank the first time I played it(I played 4 alot, so I knew Ace Combat from the back of my hand).

Yes, 4, 5, and Zero are all sponsored by the aircraft companies for advertisment purposes.

4 had good physics, but physics in the Ace Combat series was sacrificed for gameplay.

X-02 is my favorite aircraft.

Shattered OUT...

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by warpboost
Anyone know if they make the game for PC? I dont have a PS2 and want to fly the arkbird

Arcbird is an unflyable aircraft in the game. Chances are it's a boss you have to beat as in almost all Ace Combat games you have this giant aircraft you have to beat. Also almost all, if not all Ace Combat games have Tunnel missions, which kinda kills the physics of the games. If no one believes me, check them out, in one mission or two, there is an objective that requires you go INSIDE a structure underground or above ground.

Not made for he PC. It's almost PS2 exclusive.

Shattered OUT...

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Have played both, love them both, but how could they ruin 5 by not including multiplayer?

After playing 5 for a while, i had to dust off 4 just to fight my friends.

If they make part 6 I hope they bring it back.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 07:02 AM
link   
They brought back the multiplayer feature with Ace Combat Zero.

Shattered OUT...

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
How about an online furball. That would be awesome... I'd kinda like to see as sky oddessy style paint and aircraft editor or something. Who cares if its unrealistic... (X-02+f136's+laser=0wn4g3) At least one for online mode. Maybe a nose and tail art editor or the ability to load images onto it. Also I'd like to see real vtols like in lethal skies 2 only a bit less easy to use. Also bring back the dang return line or have a lethal skies 2 style of rearming which is landing on a carrier or airstrip on the battlefield. I hope the cool ulockable planes aren't nixed... except the falken... falken sux... ugly... would never work...

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies

Originally posted by warpboost

Arcbird is an unflyable aircraft in the game. Chances are it's a boss you have to beat as in almost all Ace Combat games you have this giant aircraft you have to beat. Also almost all, if not all Ace Combat games have Tunnel missions, which kinda kills the physics of the games. If no one believes me, check them out, in one mission or two, there is an objective that requires you go INSIDE a structure underground or above ground.

Not made for he PC. It's almost PS2 exclusive.

Shattered OUT...
Yeah, the Su-47 literally has a turn radius of about 3 feet in that game.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I know the mission you are talking about, and I can only fly it with the Su-47. I've tried a couple other planes, but they just aren't stable enough to fly through at the high speed necessary for the latter part of the tunnel.

And talking of this game....don't the Russian made planes seem to outperform the American ones (you know the laters models like the F-35 and Su-47)?

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   
HAHAHAHAHAHA Dude I cant do it with that with the same plane for that reason! I need a High stability plane that wont stall in the early part. I usually do it with the x-02 because it is manuverable enough for the tunnel but wont stall earlier on when I need to fly slowly and hit the tanks all in one pass.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join