It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

major earthquake activity in california

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
i found this site on here from another ATS forum. anyway, it shows all natural disasters and emergenies like plane crashes and weather issues from all over the U.S.A updated every second. i look on it alot just because i think it is interesting. usually when i look there is just one little tremor in california and then today i went on and they are ALL over. i wonder what is up.

here is the link for it....like i said this is updated so in a few hours it may look different

as of 2:20pm centeral time on may 17, 2006 there was this activity reported on the national association of Radio-distress signalling and infocommunications-RSOE
Emergency and Disaster services:

heres the link:

RSOE-emergency and disaster services

i would have posted an image but the site is copyrighted and it wouldnt let me.

kind Regards,
Digitalgrl

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
cool link. all the earthquakes are minor it seems. I think it just shows measuremments for any and all seismic activity, along with flooding, and every airplane incident. nothing major on there as of 3:45 eastern time.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this site!
I really like it.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
these are minor/micro quakes they occur daily and are hardly felt by people.
Take a look at the USGS site, you can see how common this type of activity is on a daily basis in the state of California and also in Alaska.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

I'd be alarmed if the quakes were all over 3.0, then I'd say that there's some "major" activity going on.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Forget the earthquakes - it is 6PM EST and that map is showing like 30 airplane "incidents". Is that normal?

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
worldwatcher is right,that is normal for cali,many small quakes everyday. That is actually a good thing,it means the stresses are constantly being relieved. The ones that i feel bad for are ppl living on the east coast,mainly new york. There are major fault lines over there,but they are barely moving. When they do finally give,the east will have a major quake. I remember hearing somewhere that the native americans from that area have legends/tales of major quakes happening.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
glad you like the site guys

the point i was trying to make was that for the last month i look at this site like everyday because its pretty interesting and california has had 1 maybe 3 of those little earthquake markers and then today its covered with em...thats what i thought was wierd. they obviously occur everyday on some level..i just thought it was wierd that today there were so many markers indicating activity when for the past month there have been hardly any.

and yea this does track every major plane accident/crash, weather conditions and biohazards, car crashes, any major occurance in the united states this thing indicates, which is why its kind of addicting lol.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Hi, Digigirl...

In a quick viewing of both your link and my own link to the US map of EQ activies (from the USGS), I'd say it looks like the RSOE was able to link over to the USGS somehow, and the icons show up on their map as of today. Don't worry; it's not uncommon to see that many earthquakes.

IF I were the webmaster of RSOE (which is, as Digigirl said, a great resource), I'd link only those about 3.5. We tend to not pay any attention to things we can't feel, and most folks can't feel anything weaker than 3.5 unless it's right under their feet.

As a matter of fact, when I read your post title, I thought "good grief, what did I sleep through (again???)?"

Regards-
Aimless

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by spanishcaravan
worldwatcher is right,that is normal for cali,many small quakes everyday. That is actually a good thing,it means the stresses are constantly being relieved. The ones that i feel bad for are ppl living on the east coast,mainly new york. There are major fault lines over there,but they are barely moving. When they do finally give,the east will have a major quake. I remember hearing somewhere that the native americans from that area have legends/tales of major quakes happening.
Good point,I have friends that live on the East Coast they laugh at me when I tell them to beware of a quake,they swear they are on bedrock and that they are oblivious to an earthquake,my sister on the other hand sold off all her houses and property in Mass,and Va moved back too the West Coast,I think there will be some heavy devastation

top topics

join