It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Duplication of Topics in MY ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Hello ATS

I have noticed, during the last few days that when clicking to the MY ATS section, several topics have been duplicated in the Listing, with the same details. There is nothing different between the links to these discussions.

One that comes to mind is the tit for tat arguement of Iran nuking Israel, and Isreal nuking Iran. The mini Giant one. An other is the "Would you become an Immortal Topic"

It is nothing I am concerned about, but wondered if this is a regular occurance or something out of the ordinary, with the recent Sever Switch.

Ciao

Shane

[edit on 17-5-2006 by Shane]

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I've seen it a couple of times (even before the server switch) but don't know what causes it.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
yeap, it happens, sort of like I'm always missing a sock after I do laundry
just delete the double

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
yeap, it happens, sort of like I'm always missing a sock after I do laundry
just delete the double

Every time I have tried to delete the double it deletes both, so I just live with it.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
for me, this problem occurs when i accidental post the same reply to a thread twice right after each other...

for example, when i typed a reply to a thread and hit "post reply," the page loaded very slow so i hit it again...

the thread then had two of the same replies from me and in "my ATS," it had to of the same listings from that same thread...

i hope this helps...

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I've noticed that a lot of the doubles have been edited by the poster. So if I respond to your thread, then edit my post, you may see a double in your "My ATS".

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I've had them where it showed one thread, and then suddenly after a few days, without me posting anything in the thread, there were suddenly two. I think they're breeding or cloning themselves and are out to take over the world.

I dunno what causes it, but it's not really a huge thing, so I just ignore it.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
I think they're breeding or cloning themselves and are out to take over the world.

kind of like gremlins, huh???

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I had one section repeated - Aliens and UFOs I think. I removed the forum from my list, they both were removed, then I added it back singular.

top topics

join