It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't know what to make of this

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu

Originally posted by niteboy82
I am surprised that anyone would come to this forum with any possibly legit information without wondering if they're going to be blown out the water.

I guess that's the acid test, then, huh? Somebody with legitimate information WOULDN'T get blown out of the water.

Anyway, after nearly 40 years of interest in UFOs and space and other similar stuff, I prefer to take the harsh skeptical approach first, since it saves so much time when the information is later proven to be junk.

Just my opinion. Didn't want to offend, I would have just liked to have seen him have something of a chance! lol. He did create an account to give us this time!

This is where we all say... "Welcome To ATS Codename!!!"

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Can someone give me a list of some software that can be used as Codename described? I actually own a govt. contracted laptop which is no longer in connection with them. I wont go into alot of details how I obtained it, but it didnt have area 51 stamped on it so I figured there was nothing worth scanning for. I will tell you that it is a Toughbook and thats govt issue std now for police, ambulances, etc. if you take a look into a new cruiser or ambulance. If you guys would like more info, i can supply some about the machine...im interested in finding some cool stuff on here if there is a potential.

Denying Ignunce

Ayahuasca

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
As a side note...

The drives are trashed by professionals like myself. I take a VERY large magnet to them, and there's no way on earth that anyone could recover any data from them.

Technically you could still recover data even when a magnet has been used. Evidence Eliminator; take note dodgy US government employees - it's the way forward

More on topic, I hate to moan (again) but I'm so fed up of people coming here and saying "blah blah blah.. and I'll post the pics later!" - how about making your post when you're ready to post all the pictures in one go. Mini rant over.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Can someone give me a list of some software that can be used as Codename described?

Do you mean how can you retrieve stuff from a formated disk or just from a disk with random stuff on it?

Your best bet is to take an image of the hard drive and use either Encase or Forensic Tool Kit to browse it. I'd say Encase is marginally better but FTK is free (but so is Encase I suppose if you know where to look).

8th

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Technically you could still recover data even when a magnet has been used.

I dont know about that... Since data is all positive and negitive magnetic charges, if you get a magnet stronger then the one that wrote to one of your your hard drive plates then it should wipe it out. Maybe not? Care to explain?

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   
If memory serves me, it's possible to recover information using the magnetic residue. However, I never paid much attention in that class to be hoenst with you and haven't tried it out for myself

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Actually, from what i understand, the only way to totally remove data (past the ability to extract by high level government IT) is to use a data rewritter...
it would actually overwrite the data, so that NO impression of the previous "imprint" was left...

Or at least according to CSI...

Skandi, census is fairly new to the hoax busters... so afford him/her a break here...
they will know to wait for the whites before shooting next time...

And i agree... ATSers are a bright bunch, but we do tend to beleive when we should doubt, and doubt when we should give faith a chance... we are only human...

As for me... I still want to see the pics
I still waiting for pretty pickys? gimmee gimmee....

I am guessing that the first one, was perhaps a probe model of some sort...
maybe a space composites mockup?

and Shadow couldn't find the picture on line.... so maybe.... hummmm....

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
Actually, from what i understand, the only way to totally remove data (past the ability to extract by high level government IT) is to use a data rewritter...
it would actually overwrite the data, so that NO impression of the previous "imprint" was left...

Or at least according to CSI...

Skandi, census is fairly new to the hoax busters... so afford him/her a break here...
they will know to wait for the whites before shooting next time...

And i agree... ATSers are a bright bunch, but we do tend to beleive when we should doubt, and doubt when we should give faith a chance... we are only human...

As for me... I still want to see the pics
I still waiting for pretty pickys? gimmee gimmee....

I am guessing that the first one, was perhaps a probe model of some sort...
maybe a space composites mockup?

and Shadow couldn't find the picture on line.... so maybe.... hummmm....

It has been quite some time since I have posted, however after reading this thread I couldn't resist....
First off, I do completely believe this is a hoax. This isn't because I dont believe sensative info can be leaked in this manner, rather once I read the email and saw the pic I seriously had my doubts.

That being said, our wonderful govt workers and contractors aren't always as bright as we make them out to be. Several years ago, I was working at Xerox as a technician in the product renewal dept - basically refurbishing used / damaged printers for resale... We powerd one on that had been in the possession of the US Air Force, and once the error was cleared, the job that had been sitting in the print que started printing out papers that had pics and diagrams of several planes still in service at that time - most notibly the f-15. My supervisor had contacted the customer rep who returned the machine and informed them that we had discovered they left the HARD DRIVE in the printer. Someone from their office came within an hour or so to retrieve it. They asked to speak with everyone that had contact with the machine. We showed them exactly what had printed out and what we saw. It was determined that nothing was deemed sensitive and they left with the hard drive and the printed papers. The point of this is of course to show that however unlikely, sensitive info COULD be leaked in such a way.

Needless to say, we were kind of dissapointed that there wasn't anything cooler that printed out.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Geez, don't shoot the messenger people! (until you have reason)

I mean this is obviously BS, but I agree that it doesn't mean that every poor dork coming here asking such questions like "how do I share info I have" should have to face a firing squad....we don't want to scare people away...

The info/hoax may not originate with them. They may be duped and honestly trying to share the BS...er, information, in a safe and legal way to be investigated by such "experts" ATS are known for-right?

This isn't the case here, I wouldn't say, but just in general, you know? We have to at least be polite until they make a full and total fool of themself.

This is all BS if you ask me.

IMHO it's obviously BS, because when I worked for the govt collecting freakin "statistical data" of all things, that was considered confidential-not top secret mind you, just confidential to the point it was protected even from a court of law subpoena...and I was issued a lap top, that was returned upon me resigning, and my back-up disks counted. KWIM?

But apparently top secret stuff like this goes so ungarded? SO that he sells it OR has it stolen? OK...maybe...BUT...

*IF* a person is so computer savvy as to buy a laptop off a guy on ebay-or wherever LOL-and wanted to retrieve data (Why-just curious?) and is interested enough in what he finds being top secret stuff and researches it on the internet and then brings it to us and gets a lawyer...

wouldn't he be savvy enough as BYRD has so well pointed out that the email was crap? Wouldn't his lawyer-which did he just call someone who immediately made time for this over the phone?-give him better advice than that?

and finally for damn sure who in hell could believe...

Linda, Sailing class was amazing this year. But what I want to talk to you about is that one of the CCV2's is scheduled to arrive back next month and I'm very excited. With the information they send back we can start work on the CCV5 and make this whole process a lot faster. I'd guess that the 5's will come back sooner than some of the 3s and 4s! It's so exciting that we get to be a part of this project, and I'm looking forward to getting the team back together to anylize the data. (hopefully this time they'll include a way to translate

Now I know some real dorks, but even they...no...never...oh my dear God, I'm nearly peeing my pants just reading it again! That is simply hysterical people! OMG!

Let me add...

"Gee...I do hope *they* include a way to translate...indeed, that would be so neato this time,Linda. Um, but thats not all I want to talk to you about...you know how I always hold my clipboard in front of me when the "team" is together....well it's not because the CCV2's were so exciting (though they were, weren't they? More exciting than the super time I had in Sailing class!)

I mean c'mon?????????!?!?!??!?!!

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Here is one of the craft in a dude's hand.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Yeah, cause sensitive embarrasing military info never gets accidently lost - give me a break!!!
smh.com.au

mod edit to shorten link

[edit on 17-5-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by codename

You are kidding right?

Someone is fooling you or u is trying to fool us!

[edit on 17/5/2006 by alienanderson]

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Welcome back codename...
so these scientists...
do they have a name for this stunning innovation?

i think it is refered to as a TDDC
Trans Dimensional Dunce Cap...

As we can see, it is slipping out of this time and space, so we better prove its presence quick...

Come on...
cant you find the pics of the probes next to the coke can (used for measurement of course?)

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Hey man they figured out that the dunce hat type cone was the best design for interplanetary travel. Crazy indeed. Sorry but the above pic is in no way an actuall probe. Sorry.

8th

link   

Originally posted by codename

'

MORE! POST MORE!

link   
Terms And Conditions Of Use

Specifically,

By becoming a member of these domains, you agree to the following:

1). Posting: You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.

I think Kinglizard says it best ....

TIC TOC

Come clean

TIC TOC

:shk:

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Quick get on Photoshop and make some more spaceships goddammit!

*** Hmm.... my Spidey Hoax Sense in tingling! ***

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I'm not sure what this is, perhaps a pic taken from inside the craft itself, it looks like it may be a negative print of some sort, perhaps someone could make a negative out of this negative and make it a real picture, MSPaint does not allow me to do this. Anyone with photoshop skills?

8th

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienanderson
Quick get on Photoshop and make some more spaceships goddammit!

*** Hmm.... my Spidey Hoax Sense in tingling! ***

ROFL I'm putting that in my sig!

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Man, I come on here because I'm amazed at what I have here, my lawer said not to upload all the photos, because they could be worth some money. So I put up some of them to spark some interest. I didn't come here to be ridiculed, or to be sworn at. This place is a bunch of jerk!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join