It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whos going to win the world cup?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Yeh that would be brilliant, kind of like when the Iraqi football team whooped the US in the Olympics in Greece.

Unfortunately though theres very little chance that either the US or Iran will make it through knockout stages. The United states have to play, Ghana, Italy and the Czech Republic each of which are more than capable beating them. And Iran has to play Mexico, Portugal and Angola I dont know much about Angola but the other two should wipe the floor with Iran.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
As a totally unbiased observer, after careful thought...yeah right. The United States will win. The boys measure up very well with most teams in the world of soccer...ooops, did I say soccer, yeah I did. My bad...

hopefully they will remember its football not american football
so they dont start throwing the ball about and entering the stadium in full body protection

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Since most of them, in all likelihood, never played "American Football", I think its unlikely

I just hope some of the more rabid fans outthere behave themselves.

Yes. That is indeed Jessica Alba. Yummy.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Obviously I want England to win! Come on the boys!!!

But I don't think we should over look the germans as we are playing in their back yard. Most teams who play at home get a fair good advantage.

England Germany Final would be great (if possible)

Come on Rooney you can do it!

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Well...Im obviously going to say England...But not just because im an England fan...Even Ronaldhinio has said that England will be tough to beat this time round!

As far as im concerned theres only a handful of teams capable of winning...

England - Best England team EVER???

Brazil - The once great team will have a shock early exit IMO, due to ageing and inexperienced players...Take a look at Carlos, he must be at least 179 now...and Ronaldo, the tub of lard from Real!

Germany - No Chance...Even their own players are saying they cant win!

Argentina - Possibly??? Some good exciting players capable of taking on anyone!

I truly think it will be one of the above four teams that win in Germany and would love to see an England v Germany/Argentina final!

And I think the major shock of the tournament will be Australia...The socceroos have alot of experience in their squad and are quite capable of pulling off some major giant killing...possibly even Brazil in the group stages!!!

Mic

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join