It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whos going to win the world cup?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Well....im going to have to go for England...but i am under no illusion that theres probably the same chance of pigs learning to fly!

any predictions folks?

any one going to any matches?

any one want to take me to some matches?

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I don't usually watch soccer but I'd say Brazil.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I'm hoping it's Ghana.

I won't be watching either because I'll probably be watching paint dry.

You can have my tickets optimus.

Peace

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 04:19 AM
link   

brazil?....BRAZIL???......pffffff.......

ENGLAND,ENGLAND,ENGLAND.......ENGLAND,ENGLAND,EENNNNGGGGAAALLLAAANNNDDD!

"THEY THINK ITS ALL OVER.......IT IS NOW!!!!"

bring on the pain boys!

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Im hopeing England win, but as FETT said... there is more chance of me moving to Manchester lol

Im gonna go with Spain or France, only cos im not up to date with the stats lol

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Hmm, I was going to say England, but Rooneys foot, and Theo (who I saw play for southampton last year) doesn't look at all good enough for the World Cup. Add to that, no Reo-Coker, no Richardson. I can't see it happening, but I'll be cheering them on anyway.

Who do I really think will win? Haven't got a clue, but Brazil have got the best team, so it wouldn't be hard to see them lifting it again. I'd like to see Holland win if we're out of it early, but they always underacheive.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   
First its Football damnit not soccer.

I think its brazil aswell. England wont get beyond the quater finals. Germany will get out quikly and the netherlands will lose because of penalties.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus fett

brazil?....BRAZIL???......pffffff.......

ENGLAND,ENGLAND,ENGLAND.......ENGLAND,ENGLAND,EENNNNGGGGAAALLLAAANNNDDD!

"THEY THINK ITS ALL OVER.......IT IS NOW!!!!"

bring on the pain boys!

I'm not rooting for them I just think they might win

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
i will be rooting England all the way

i just hope they act dignified when they play and not think they are invincible after just scoring the first goal

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Ronaldinho will win - accept no substitute! (And his fellow team mates will probably win, too.)

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Ronaldinho will win - accept no substitute! (And his fellow team mates will probably win, too.)

LOL That bucked-tooth wonder? Nah mate, it's all about Thierry Henry!

Theres no reason why england cant win it, but with a litle bit of luck it could be anyone. Remember Euro 2004?

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
also people intrested in the world cup check this topic out

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by picklewalsh
Im hopeing England win, but as FETT said... there is more chance of me moving to Manchester lol

I'm flyin the St. George and hopin that England win too....but I agree that there's more chance of me moving to Liverpool...I'm a Manc so back at ya!

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I'd say Russia would win-if they play in the world cup. Russian's favorite sports are soccer, hockey, tennis, and swimming. Basketball is becoming popular, too. Just like the British, the Russians also call soccer "football" which I believe is an appropriate term as the ball is played with the FOOT. Back on topic, yeah, I'd say the Russians would win.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Iran..GO IRAN!!!!

are they even there???

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 04:28 AM
link   
FOOTBALL!!......NOT SOCER!!.....

being as im in portugal i now have a george cross that has been cut in half and stiched (very badly i might add) to a portuguese flag.

I'll be rooting for portugal as well, after suporting them in euro 2004 the partys they had whan they won were awesome....they really love their football....they even partied hard when they got kicked out!...true sportsmanship is to be praised!

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 05:46 AM
link   
As a totally unbiased observer, after careful thought...yeah right. The United States will win. The boys measure up very well with most teams in the world of soccer...ooops, did I say soccer, yeah I did. My bad...

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   

As a totally unbiased observer, after careful thought...yeah right. The United States will win. The boys measure up very well with most teams in the world of soccer...ooops, did I say soccer, yeah I did. My bad...

Uh no, the usa have one promising player in Freddy Adu (whos not even in the team) and the rest of the team is average at best.

Iran..GO IRAN!!!!

are they even there???

Yup Iran are through to the final 32.

Come on England!!

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I'm going with Argentina

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Iran have made it through the qualifiers??? I hope they get to play against the US...just for the political-comedy value alone

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join