It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida's Gators: What's really happening?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
JIMC

there must be huge population increase in Whitetails there huh?
I notice that last fall, when I drove down from Pittsburg to West Virgina.
There were dead deer all over the place..I was amazed..Are they allowing for multiple kills
during the hunting seasons in PA?
Of course, the deer aren't killing people for food, they are just trying to cross the road.

As for the Gators...Maybe we should call it " A reptile Dysfunction"

The problem is that the anti-gun nuts and animal rights people have won in some areas. They have people believing that all hunters are trigger happy, ber drinking morons and this has resulted in an increase of areas that have banned all forms of hunting. The deer in these areas have no preditors and plenty of food so they are breeding like crazy. This has resulted in an increase of parents finding ticks on their children and an increase of the number of cases of Lymes disease. A few years ago a heard of about 12 deer ran out on to a busy street during rush hour. I hit and killed one fortunatly, with minimal damage to my car. The guy behind me wasn't so lucky. The deer rode up the hood of his Toyota and came through the windshield in to his lap. He was killed. In all there were 8 deer hit, one man killed and five people taken to the hospital. What was amazing is that this took place in downtown Pittsburgh and the cars were only going 25 MPH! The Mayor wanted to hire professional archery hunters to thin down the population but the local activists vetoed that. What they did do was to tranquilize 20 does, spayed them and released them back in the same area!

<< 1   >>

join