It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dave's Mailbox (General Question & Answer Thread)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Welcome!

I created this thread where there would be ONE AREA for general communication with me IF there was not a topic that was being addressed.

I FIRST OFF want to thank my ATS BOSSES for developing a friendship with me, believing in my efforts to SUPPORT THE TROOPS (From ALL COUNTRIES) and offering to make ATS my OFFICIAL FORUM HOME. Thank you ALL so much!

Next, I want to thank Will Snyder, the guy who created the RFT Home Page back in 1995 and began searching for me. Will is now my attorney and agent, and what a JOY he has been to work with.

I want to thank "Nygdan" of the ATS family for creating some AVATAR'S for me as a friendship gesture.... I LOVE 'em!

Sounds like an Oscar Speech huh?

Finally.... to ALL of the ATS Members who have welcomed me and made me feel like I am "HOME"....... (Salute).

Dave

[edit on 5/17/2006 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
If you want to be added to the Dave Rabbit, Radio First Termer "Insider's Club" and receive e-mails from me updating you on Radio First Termer Iraq or special insider stuff that I receive from fans all over the world.... e-mail me and ask me to add you.

[email protected]

I do put out a newsletter that is brief, but factual.

Dave

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I have gotten some GREAT E-Mails from a lot of you asking specific questions about the show. Thank You! IF, however, you will ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE.... I can respond so everyone can get the answer without having to answer the same question over and over via e-mail or U2U.

If you haven't read the short BIO that I did with About Radio and Corey Deitz:

radio.about.com...

PLEASE read it first and then if you have something NEW to ask, PLEASE do so..... I would LOVE to hear from you.

Dave

posted on Aug, 7 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Dave,

So, does your sudden re-appearance herald the arrival of one of the apocalyptic horsemen? Was your resurrection foretold by Nostrodamus? Where the hell is Christ and Elvis? Did you happen upon them during your AWOL from RFT?

Seriously, I read your bio on about.radio - totally amazing you didn't know you had this huge following. Took you a while to get on the internet, huh?

I just wanted to say thanx. I first heard the taped broadcasts in early 1981 (early in my AF career), having been introduced to them by my buckSgt supervisor. Should I say I was soon corrupt? Not totally, but you had a substantial following at RAF Lakenheath (UK) during this period. I still have my casette recordings, and I have passed on copies to so many people over the years - I couldn't say how many. Once, I even provided copies for a Vice Wing Commander in 1993 - nostalgia he said. He knew of your broadcasts way back when he was a young'un in SEA. Many of the old timers that raised me as an airman were of your generation - great guys and mentors who served in VietNam despite everything. God bless tham and all our troops.

And thanks for turning me on to some of the greatest Acid Rock ever - stuff you'd never hear anywhere. Bloodrock, 3 Dog Night, James Gang, etc - I was inspired to collect it all.

Man - great that you're doing RFT Iraq - anyone against this is an ass. Me and my buds partied regularly to RFT during the Cold War in USAFE - hey, the wall came down didn't it?

Be cool and welsome back....guess I'll keep checking back for updates and "Podcasts" (whatever the hell these are!)

Be cool

Rabbit Food

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Hey Carrot.....

Sorry for taking so long to respond to this...... if you want the complete AUDIO and VIDEO, including the Rock Music Video I did.... go to:

daverabbit.podomatic.com...

I will be distributing the Radio First Termer Iraq show through Above Top Secret and Pod-O-Matic..... FREE, of course, to propagate to the world.

Thanks for the kind words. Yeah, we had a ton of fans in England and Germany.

Cheers Brother....

Dave

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
When I discovered your show I made copies of the episode I had for a friend who teaches at the Naval Intel school downtown Chicago.

A few years ago at a conference of former military Intel folks we made up 10 sets of the show which were given out as door prizes!

That night as you walked through the halls of the hotel, you could hear Rabbit Radio in the halls! And guys talking about their days in Nam.

Glad you have discovered you are appreciated. I also posted you on my links blog:

allnightsurfing.blogdrive.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Hey Mike....

Thanks for the plug.... loved it and have bookmarked it for others to see as well. I have put up a ton of stuff (Audio and Video) on Pod-O-Matic as they allow BOTH to be posted. We will also be making the Iraq show available there, the Home Page and HERE at ATS. Right now the thinking is ....... that we are going to separate the LIVE show into six(6) equal segments for easier download. Depending on the QUALITY of the different options..... and, of course, the person's INTERNET CONNECTION SPEED.... (Dial-Up would be a BITCH
) ....... I have even toyed with doing a LARGER FILE where the show could be heard just as we did it LIVE in Iraq. ATS couldn't hold such a LARGE FILE.... so If I decide to do that for folks with DSL, CABLE, T-1 to T-3 ...... it would be strictly on Pod-O-Matic and through the worldwide feeds (Apple, Yahoo, Pickle, Digital Podcast, etc.).

Thanks again for the nice plug and for helping me propagate the shows.

www.daverabbit.podomatic.com...

(Salute)

Dave

posted on Dec, 30 2006 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Just wanted to say that you have a great show.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Thanks Leslie.....

Peace!

Dave

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Hi, Dave--

I uploaded my first effort at podcasting yesterday on the ATS feed, and I'd like to ask a favor of you, being the Pro that you are. Can you give it a listen and give me a professional critique, not so much on content necessarily, but on the technical aspects and quality, and how I can improve that?

I am doing the composition on 2 pieces of software, and they are Propaganda and Blaze Media Pro (which will also do Video and file format conversions as well as audio editing and enhancement). I am working from annotated written scripts and time-lines as in BC radio. Other than a very few verbal typos, it is pretty smooth (I think). Anyway, I think you know what I am asking for, and I thank you in advance.

You will find it all right here: The Phantom Menace

Thanks, and Welcome Home, Bro.

Ed

[edit on 11-1-2007 by Ed Littlefox]

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Hi Ed....

I liked it. It sounded as good as any others I have seen or heard. Have you considered also creating stuff for upload on Pod-O-Matic?

www.podomatic.com...

you can see mine, if you haven't already at:

I upload the majority of my stuff on POM but also put SPECIAL EPISODES and PROGRAMS on ATS. POM allows you to create an album cover and select the THREE genres that you want ITunes to pick up directly. ATS has a singular feed and someone would have to be registered for the ATS feed. Since ATS is mainly a conspiracy site..... Podcasts like yours is not going to get a great amount of listen.... as opposed to POM which has categories that are much more listened and downloaded because it is a PODCAST COMMUNITY.

As I said, I always upload to both sites, but restrict my uploads to ATS to music and some of the better humor items. On POM, you can upload anything you create and have a bigger audience.

For your first time... I really like what you did.

Good luck and give me a shout directly to my e-mail if you want additional assistance or ideas. Let me know it is YOU when you e-mail me.

[email protected]

Peace!

Dave

[edit on 1/12/2007 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Hi, Dave

I much appreciate response. I took your advice and opened an account on Pod-O-Matic, and uploaded Phantom Menace to it. Keep an email, Bro--my name will be in the subject line.

Remember the Mantra--- The sixth sick Sheikh's sixth sheep's sick

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Yeah... saw you there..... I don't think you will be disappointed.

Dave

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
is dave rabbit actually a DJ? And is this like a forum that is dedicated to him?

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
s3b4k....

If you want some answers to these questions.... visit my Home Page at:

If that doesn't answer your question, come back here and I will tell you
.... seriously thought, it would be much easier to just SEE IT. You know what they say, a PICTURE is worth a THOUSAND WORDS.

Thanks for dropping by.

Dave

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 03:29 AM
link   
awsome awsome site, thanx infinitley! ill be posting much!

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Welcome Brother..... WELCOME!

Dave

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Hey dave hows it going!??! I heard some of your clips on o&a and had to follow up. Do you have any pics of your old broadcast station? Ive heard that you used alot of mattress's to cover up the sound from the "neighbors". I would love to see the setup that you had going in that back room as i am very much into broadcasting on AM radio and currently going for my ham ticket and i also am a avid cb'er. I'm very curious on what you used for a antenna and how high you had it up in the air. I really wish i could find some of your old shows in there entirity music and all! That would be some cool # for sure

peaCe
chris

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by chris02917

Better late than never Chris..... sorry.

In answer to your question, the only photos that we took were of Pete and I around the barracks area, our room, etc. I put photos up on my Dave Rabbit Home Page all down the right side panel. As for the studio itself.... we never took any photos or anything else that could connect the three of us to the station.

As for the technical aspect, the Vietnam Radio Relay troops did all the transmission of our signal utilizing the in place towers that were scattered throughout Vietnam. We do know, from communications we received, that we were heard throughout Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos. There were some Vietnamese soldiers that said we were heard up in Hanoi, but we have no proof of that.

The only existing show is the one on my Home Page. It was most likely the 5th or 6th show because early in the series of 21 shows, we started ending every show with "Catch Us If You Can" by Dave Clark Five.... and the existing show doesn't end that way.

Sorry for taking so long to respond.

Dave

new topics

top topics

join