It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are moderators like Supreme Court Justices, moderators for life?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I'm just asking because some of the mods that are listed on the main page I have never seen post..........ever!

What if a moderator falls into a deep glacial crevasse somewhere never to be heard from again or is off in some jungle living with pygmies like Marlon Brando? Obviously they would not be able to fulfill their moderator duties anymore, yet they still carry the title.

I don't want to name names but just look at the list. Where did they go?

Peace

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I can't speak for anyone else, naturally, but when I was at a camp in the far north, there was this outhouse with a moon cutout on the door. I was going to use this facility, but when I opened the door there was a strange howling echoing from the pit beneath the bench, as if it was bottomless.

I never used it...

Could it be that there are a number of these doorways scattered across the Earth and that some unwitting mods cannot be deterred from using such amenities?

/humour

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   
People have lives outside of ATS, some maybe gone for an extended term.

I would say yes, unless they ask to be a member or mess up pretty bad.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I'm just posting this to let you know that I'm ok.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Um... with all the work we have to do in order to become Moderators, such as memorizing the secret handshake, giving up our worldly possessions, being forced to interact with such mythical creatures like mogwais, super intelligent monkeys, and very wordy anime characters, you're darned right it's for Life!!

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
life? (gulp)

I don't know, but sometimes it does get tempting to jump into the wormholes and try another reality for a bit, plus there's Bigfoot, who keeps sending invitations for a weekend at his ranch, there's one mod who went there and well he's not back yet. We keep getting pictures of his travels.. it really looks like an amazing and awesome place and he seems to be having fun. but you never know.. since I'm so paranoid I can't help but to think that "Sas" is just a scheming, caniving liar with bad intentions and there is something sinister going on. I mean just how nice can a Gigantopithecus really be? flowers, cards, cakes, cookies, all handmade of course, we have a regular martha stewart here for god sakes, but everybody just luvss Sas

Oh and there's this one mod, I won't name names
, but well he got fingers caught in this trap while trying to steal another mod's top shelf liquor
and well it was messy. He's around occasionally but he can't type very much anymore. tragic.

[edit on 5-17-2006 by worldwatcher]

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
There's only two ways out of La Famiglia del Moderatore...in a coffin, or in the bay.

Nobody quits. Nobody.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The moderators that have gone missing most likely reside in a lost sector of a hard drive or were misplaced during an upgrade. We are after all only programs.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
no they are not "moderators for life"...

ATSer "banshee" isn't a moderator anymore...

"drunk" too, i believe...

and "trickmasterx," or something like that, isn't a mod anymore

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   
There are many ways for a moderator to lose their status. Blackmail is my preferred choice.

For example I have clandestine night vision video of Djarums smearing vaseline all around the inside of Springers favorite tinfoil hat.

I'm just waiting for the right opportunity to use it to my advantage.

Bwa haha tis the member not the moderator that has the true power!...hey where'd all my points go!

SPiderj

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Perhaps NASA is hiring...

NASA is looking for smart people and the mods know everything. THey are the be all end all with WIKI quote after WIKI quote. NASA also needs people who are willing fight to the death that the moon landing actually happened and some mods around these parts seem very passionate about that touchy subject...

just a thought

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
hey worldwatcher
Can you leap regular mods with a single bound?

MMP

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I don't think Val is a mod anymore. I could be wrong though.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Mods serve at the discretion of Administation. I've not been here all that long, but I've never seen a mod get 'demodded' for not posting or being away for a long while. I only see a few names in that list that don't post all that much.

But there's been a lot of turn over. Some peopel just get too busy with that 'real life' place I keep hearing so much about, and ask to be removed.

All mods should be on that list, and anyone without 'moderator' or other staff 'title' under their name isn't staff.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMP

You are right! But I had to sneak out in the cloak of darkness.

*I'm willing to sell the secret handshake to the highest bidder.*

Beware the idles of marchedness.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Census

NASA is looking for smart people and the mods know everything.

I'm on ATS because I WANT to know everything, not because I do.

I don't think we are like Supreme Court Justices because to be honest, I haven't worn a black robe since I was dating that wiccan chick. Even then I was only trying to impress her. It didn't work, that relationship ended with me running down the street in the middle of the night screaming. (But thats another story)

I use my secret decoder ring only for the good of mankind and have taken the secret and holy oath to smash it if I ever leave the board. It's an honored ritual that has never been defiled.

Yes, to be a mod is a lifelong job, if not on this board then in life in general.

They will write a book about us in 500 years called, "The mod davinci code" and it will be a best seller. In the movie I will be portrayed as the space cadet.

I only hope to be alive to see it.

wupy

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Mods for life

True, being a mod here is a great gig, but nothing in life remains unchanged.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
... I haven't worn a black robe since I was dating that wiccan chick. Even then I was only trying to impress her. It didn't work, that relationship ended with me running down the street in the middle of the night screaming.

I can see we definitely need to increase the dosage on your medications. ???!

The visual of wiccan chicks and you, in a black robe, running down the street is a bit much, IMO

For me, it seems more a
DrLove post ?!

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   

For example I have clandestine night vision video of Djarums smearing vaseline all around the inside of Springers favorite tinfoil hat.

Well gee thanks... for months I had him convinced that is was just the humidity that made it feel that way.

There goes my position here.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   
If it's personal, forgive me for asking. But what on earth happened to Thomas Crowne? I enjoyed his posts. And then, he disappeared. Is he okay?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join