It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Sick Can People Get?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Have you guys seen this crap? I read the interview and this guy is pouring it on with the whole "I was picked on in school too" routine to justify making this game...

Super Columbine Massacre RPG
An Internet-based computer game that puts players in the army boots and black trench coats of Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold as they kill Columbine High School classmates is attracting attention and sparking controversy.
Called Super Columbine Massacre RPG, the game mixes cartoonish scenes with photographs of Harris and Klebold, pictures taken from newspapers and television stations and excerpts from their writings.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The game is here and there's a discussion board related to the game where I hope this guy gets an earfull...
www.columbinegame.com...

Just how low can we go?

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I find this somewhat disturbing, but im not really suprised that this kind of thing has been made.
What really bugs me though is the fact that he's asking for donations.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 04:48 AM
link   
this guy is whacked!! what a miserable way to try and make a buck

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Seems columbine has got something of a cult following. There were people arrested recently who plotted to carry out attacks on their schools on the anniversary of columbine, to be decked out in black trench coats, etc.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aziel
I find this somewhat disturbing,

I'm more than somewhat disturbed by it.
I'm afraid for our youth. I'm afraid for MY daughter.
I'm afraid for our future. I'm afraid for the souls in this world.

My god ... this is beyond sick. And I wonder if when young people
go out and mass murder at their schools after playing it .. if he'll
be brought into court because he enabled and encouraged them
to kill. He'll be partly culpable - if not in the eyes of the law then
he will have to answer to God.

It's going to happen. It could be a month from now or five years
from now. But I betchya in the future there will be threads discussing
how a mass murder at school happened and that this 'game' was
involved somehow.

This thread will be cited and referenced in the discussions so I'll
just say a big 'hello' to the future me. HI ME. How's it going
in the future? Is the world in any better shape? Hope so.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
This is very very sick. I've never understood the copycat mentality- never mind these games.
Just sick, very sick.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I think its made being of an urge to express themselves. They were touched by it and so they had to find a way to make an outlet.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Ehhh... I've seen sicker. From the screenshots at the bottom, it looks more like a parody/joke to me. If anything, I'd expect it would make kids less likely to shoot up their school.

It's pretty ridiculous. Just because of Columbine, most schools don't even allow students to wear trenchcoats any more. How can you ban a type of clothing just for being associated with columbine???

I still think it's pretty stupid though. If people want a spree-type game, they should just buy GTA or something.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Let's all just remember that it's only a game. I remember when some person made the great idea of making a Kennedy assassination game, and that caused controversy. To me, it's not shocking nor surprising. If someone can benefit from the tragic event, then they will. It's best to just treat it with the contempt it so clearly deserves.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 04:31 AM
link   
It's this type of thing that gives gamers a bad name. and something for that Miami Lawyer Jack Thompson to rant on about.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 05:09 AM
link   
At first I was disgusted, but then I thought to myself, is it any different than
"Cowboys and Indians" from the pre video game era?

You know..Cowboys good guys, Indians bad guys, kill the Indians.

Maybe it's different. I just don't know anymore..

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   
This was interesting, towards the bottom of the page:

"I said this game is one of the most important in gaming history, which I meant for two reasons. First, [the creator] has used a video game (successfully, I might add) to explore an important socio-cultural event. This is, hopefully, the first step towards the acceptance of video games as a legitimate medium for the expression of serious thought. Secondly, and perhaps more importantly, it is one of the only psychological explorations of the Columbine killers ever completed, and its sincerity is evident in the care displayed in the design of the game. It reminds us that Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, the murderers of Columbine, were victims of Columbine, as well." - Ryan Moore

Harris and Klebold were both sick. But I think there were a lot of extenuating circumstances involved (their parents, their peers at the school, administration of the school) that definately played a big part in the incident.

I actually had a teacher once (name withheld, of course) who said something along the lines of "I can see what Harris and Klebold did considering the way kids treat each other in school."

And maybe that's the thing, maybe the game will provoke debate and an attempt to better understand what happened.

Also - movie studios made a movie about a ship sinking that took the lives of about a thousand people. They even made a movie about terrorists taking over and crashing a plane with many lives onboard. That is OK, but a game, specifically because it's a game, about a high-school shooting is bad? (Also, does the game really try and glorify their actions, or just put them in a different perspective?)

[edit on 4-6-2006 by Toxic Fox]

top topics

join