It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's Stand.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I have suspected they are getting under the table back-up from Russia.

I don't think what's his name is shooting his mouth off. I just have a strange feeling they(iran) have someone backing them....it might even be a few countries, not just one. I think we have pissed some countries off by being aggressive and going into Iraq. I believe Iran is trying to get us to swing first. It's just been too quiet on the terrorism front. Anyone else have a bad feeling about this?

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 03:16 AM
link   
They might be trying to make America attack first, but why would they then say that they would invade Israel if they were attacked...that's like signing their own death warrant.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 03:56 AM
link   
That's what I mean. I just don't think it would be their problem. I just have a feeling they have 3 or 4 school bullies waiting around the corner.

I'm sure I could be wrong, but I just think it odd. A new leader, many earthquakes in that region (underground testing?) Russia has always supplied something to someone in that area for oil.

You know I could be totally wrong....I probably am and just need sleep.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArchangelOfCool
They might be trying to make America attack first, but why would they then say that they would invade Israel if they were attacked...that's like signing their own death warrant.

The Iranian government denied those claims though, they were suggested by an Iranian General, bassically was his opnion.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if the Russians under Putin's 'expansion' are going to supply the Iranians as a 'proxy' against the US.

BUT, the Iranians already have a competent military, whereas the normal issue with proxies is that they don't have the arms needed to resist (like with the soviets and vietnam, or the americans and the soviet-afghan war).

Amahdenijad might seem like he thinks he has backing because he seems to be a religious whackjob, who thinks god is on his side and the apocalypse is nigh.

However, it does seem like the whole iranian government is 'overly confident'.

[edit on 17-5-2006 by Nygdan]

top topics

join