It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6-6-06 billboards...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Hey all,

I did a search for this a couple of ways and found some threads but nothing on this in particular so...if it has been talked to death somewhere else, please ignore or delete. But...

I was driving home tonight and I saw a black billboard which said, in white letters:

6-6-06
you have been warned.

I noticed in the other threads that there were movies, books, etc. due for release on this date as a marketing ploy to take advantage of the unusual numerical lineup. And this billboard is probably only a part of that, but...

It is the only one I have seen. My daughter said she had seen one in Philadelphia, but neither of us recalled seeing others. And I couldn't see anything other than the lettering shown above.

I am just wondering if anyone out there knows if this is marketing, or has some group taken it upon themselves to "warn" people about the date; sorta' like that guy who posts those billboards along highways in Florida and Oregon, claiming the Pope is the Antichrist?

Not trying to start a discussion on possible relevance of 6/6/06; I know what I think about that stuff, and I've seen people have already gone back and forth about it on other threads.

Just curious about those signs...

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 02:17 AM
link   
well i know that some people believe that this date could be the launching date of the anti-christ and i for one certainly feel that it could be possible, if dates are significant to the occultist who go by them then we could possibly see some type of event on this date.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Hey sentinal,

Yeah, I know there has been some discussion of that on other threads.

I just wonder if this is marketing device, or somebody's attempt at a warning, like that guy who does the billboards in Florida and Oregon regarding the Pope and Antichrist...

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 02:41 AM
link   
i had not heard of that florida guy before sounds rather bizarre but who knows what drives some people it may be the same thing here. lots of people are trying to capitolize on the marketing opportunity this date is offering...whats your personal feelings say about this billbard?? what did you first think when you saw it??

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I wasn't sure; it "felt" like one of the Pope/Antichrist guy's signs...but I also didn't see any "contact info".

But, if it was just marketing, I also didn't see any movie or book or anything shown...just what I posted at the begining.

It late here...me tired...go sleep now...

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I know here in Australia the remake of The Omen is going to be released on that date, as well as a few other horror, thriller films. Just using the hype of the date really.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 03:21 AM
link   
yep!Could be the remake of the Omen.

Could be the release of Anne Coulters new book..

Check out what Hollywood has to say!
marketing 666

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 04:24 AM
link   
It's marketing for the new Omen movie. That's all.

[edit on 17-5-2006 by jefferson101]

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Well, I guess that answers that...and here I was ready to drive back down and take a picture of it to post!

Looks like it worked as a marketing ploy; I won't be seeing the movie, but it got my attention (it didn't tell me what it was marketing, though...).

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchangelOfCool
I know here in Australia the remake of The Omen is going to be released on that date, as well as a few other horror, thriller films. Just using the hype of the date really.

That movie is being released worldwide on that date, is it good luck having an exam on that date?

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Yep, the Omen is being released on that date. We're all here so nothing happend to wipe out humanity at that time in 1906. Its when your clock tells you its 66 minutes past 6 u wanna start worrying!

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Actually, I believe the signs are by the same people who do the "God's Billboards", which are very popular here in the Southern US. All of them invariably feature a black background with white lettering, and a witty little quote such as:

Loved the wedding. Invite me to the marriage.
-God

Don't make me come down there.
-God

Keep using my name in vain and I'll make your rush hour longer.
-God

Wherever you go, there I am.
-God

"I don't question your existence."

Have you read my #1 bestseller?
-God

I'm also making a list and checking it twice.
-God

If we don't communicate, you haven't got a prayer.
-God

Come over to my house before the big game.
-God
[/align]

Here's what I found on a site in regards to the origin of these signs:

The "God's Billboards" campaign was originated by an advertising firm called the Smith Agency in Florida.

According to The Christian Science Monitor, the ads were created by The Smith Agency in a advertising campaign funded by an anonymous person who wanted to "get people thinking about God." The "Messages from God" campaign was originally intended to be local and to last only a few months in 1999, but near its end, the Outdoor Advertising Association of America offered to launch it nationwide as a public service. The advertising space is now donated, either by the billboard owners or private individuals.

Anyway, assuming the sign you saw was one of the God's Billboards, and not a marketing campaign for "The Omen", then it typifies the primary reason I left Christianity--a lack of education and ability to adapt new knowledge. Considering that the "Number of the Beast" was actually proven a year or so ago to be 616, and not 666, it just goes to show that someone didn't bother doing their homework.

[edit on 5/17/2006 by thelibra]

top topics

join