It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(pic) tuscon sky after Vandenburg launch??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 01:45 AM
link   
A friend of mine in Tucson, AZ sent me this pic. He said it was taken after a "rocket launch" at vandenburg AFB, which im sure most of you know is in CA. He said it was reported in local media as the cause of the sight. Does anyone smell BS on the Vandenburg launch explanation? This looks more like ionospheric disturbance, and a major one at that. possible HAARP???

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 01:49 AM
link   
So they are trying to say it is an oil on water sort of effect caused by the rocket?
Is that right, or am I misunderstanding?

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 01:52 AM
link   
That is really strange. Do you have more information
on this? Links to the actual news or something?

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 02:05 AM
link   
not at the moment, my friend just sent it to me and was like "hey check out how cool this is, its the sky over tuscon after a rocket launch from Vandenburg AFB, or at least thats what we were told it was"

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Looks like a regular vapor trail..

Here is a play by play of a Vandenburg launch from late last year.
with a photo or two..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
no offense, but those two pics dont really look the same, you can tell that your link is a rocket launch, the exhaust trail is easily distinguishable. This does not look like rocket exhaust, and this obviously is not right after sunset.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
It could be after sunset if there was a major thunderstorm in the area. What was the weather in Tuscon like at the time?

It is a really cool picture, regardless of what it is. I wish I could have seen it myself!

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ben94gt
no offense, but those two pics dont really look the same, you can tell that your link is a rocket launch, the exhaust trail is easily distinguishable. This does not look like rocket exhaust, and this obviously is not right after sunset.

You're right..

But from a great distance, where I was located. It looked very much like your photo.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I guess I could see it eventually dissapating into a pattern like that. I dont know, maybe I wanted to see too much from this, it reminded me of when you de-magnetize a monitor, so that kind of made me think Ionosphere/magnetic fields=HAARP, Im probably mistaken though.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Ah don't give up so fast.

There are quite a few photos on the web of Vandenburg launches.
Most are of the vapor trail right after the launch..So they don't show the effects
after the various cross winds have had a chance to scramble the trail.
You might find a few though, if you look hard enough.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Looks very similar to the northern lights (Aurora borealis) we sometimes see up here in Scotland. Not sure if they are usually seen in that area but i suppose it may be possible. Im sure somebody here would know where to look to see if there may have been any unusual solar activity at that time.
I know this is probably a dumb suggestion and that you more intelligent people in here have already checked this out but thought i would mention it anyway.

Regards,

Oakley.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I live in Santa Maria, CA. It located about 20 minutes north east of Lompoc (Vandenburg AFB). I presume this photo was taken over 2 years ago. Out of all the rockets ive seen launched no vapor trail has ever left an effect like that one that i saw that night. My best friends dad who lives around the corner works for Lockheed Martin and does something with the designing of the rockets at Vandenburg AFB, but i am really clueless what he really does because he can't go into specifics. I can't remember what his explanation was for the show in the sky, but i remember it being a very believing one.

[edit on 19-5-2006 by jason7]

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Vandenberg Air Force Base Missile Contrails seen from Fallbrook

Finally, once in a great while ("a small number out of more than 1,700 missiles" according to Vandenberg Air Force Base), an extra added bonus of a "twilight phenomenon" occurs. This spectacular event features the colors of the rainbow (specifically, green, blue, white and rose-colors) emanating from the top of the contrail. It is created when unburned missile propellant and water freezes in the upper atmosphere, and those frozen crystals are illuminated at the right angle by the sun, which must be below the horizon by 30-60 minutes of time.

There's also a clearer picture here at Coast-2-Coast am.

[edit on 5/19/2006 by eaglewingz]

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   
oh ok. That explanation sounds believeable, and the pic looks similar. I would say then it really was the effects of a vandenburg launch.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
A picture was posted by ben94gt showing something to do with a rocket launch. What struck me as odd was...the colors in the sky. The pink and bright green. I just finished watching a video shot by someone in China 30 minutes before the earth quake hit there and the clouds are the same color and look really strange, not normal. Here's the link to a YouTube video. Compare the colors to Bens picture. Is this HAARP?

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

No, that would be a circumhorizontal arc. Caused by the refraction of light through ice crystals, just as the colors in the rocket's vapor trail are.

A circumhorizontal arc or circumhorizon arc (CHA), also known as a fire rainbow, is a halo or an optical phenomenon similar in appearance to a horizontal rainbow, but in contrast caused by the refraction of light through the ice crystals in cirrus clouds.

top topics

join