It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Activists Propose Abolishing Marriage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 04:32 PM
link   
More weirdness, now gay activisits want to stop other people from getting married. This is what I don't like. Pushing things in people's faces. I'm totally o.k. with their being gay people, and they can do whatever they want for my part and that includes getting married. But don't try to pressure the rest into doing what you think is right or wrong.

Gay Activists Propose Abolishing Marriage

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 04:36 PM
link   
What have I been saying folks.

These people do not want equal rights,

they want to take over and revamp society in their image.

I say no-way!

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 04:42 PM
link   
That's so stupid! It's one thing for them to try to change what we think is love, it's another thing to change ethics, religion, and something we've been doing since the dawn of sentience!

It's true! They are trying to revamp society! Someone needs to stop/silence that activist group now!

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Well, since that article positively dripped venom I thought I'd take a look around for some other views on this and it seems that article is unsurprisingly guilty of taking its own slant on the matter. It seems the ALI proposed creating a new category of domestic partnerships which will be accorded the same recognition as married couples on the break-up of the relationship, not doing it by destroying marriage as it stands with heterosexuals as that article insinuates. It just looks like the same old argument really.

This link isn't exactly enamoured of the ideas, and neither am I really on the most part, but it helps to get some other views...

Chapter 6 of the Principles recommends the creation of certain rights to be made available to unmarried couples on the dissolution of their relationship. This chapter defines �domestic partners� as �two persons of the same or opposite sex, not married to one another, who for a significant period of time share a primary residence and a life together as a couple.� The partners may also be related to one another as long as they live together �as a couple.� Perhaps most startling in this proposal, is the fact that a couple can establish a domestic partnership with a partner even if they are married to someone else! The Principles would provide to domestic partners many of the rights associated with marriage, including concepts analogous to marital property, property division and alimony.

www.marriagewatch.org...

Still makes for some eye opening reading: "The partners may also be related to one another as long as they live together �as a couple.� Ewwwgh.

According to that you could get marriage rights if you chuck out your flatmate. pretty stupid stuff really; Can't see it going anywhere. This is all from 2001 by the way, so it doesn't look as if it has...

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Hell with the divorce rate as high as it is in the US maybe they have the right idea.

Im joking of course. This is completely stupid.

top topics

join