It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The coworker story typed out.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I made a pod cast on this earlier but thought I’d also type it out for the members who don’t listen to the pod casts. This is a little bizarre story that happened to me over the last few days and I’d love to get some feedback on it.

I was at work last week and thinking about Bigfoot. I was wondering about the weapon that could actually kill one and came to the conclusion that a deer-hunting rifle could not. I did not discuss this with anyone but instead came home and posted the following on the thread, “Why Bigfoot didn’t smell Patterson and Gimlin.”

I think it would take a big game rifle to take down a mature Bigfoot, not just a hunting rifle that some dear hunters has. You really don’t see that many people out in the woods with a caliber weapon that could take down an elephant. A moose maybe, but even then it would have to be a really good shot to kill a Bigfoot.

There was a bit of discussion on the board but nothing major so I went about my business and pretty much let it go.

Monday morning a coworker came by my office, leaned in the door and asked, “Did you know you can’t kill a Bigfoot with a 3030 rifle?”

I was shocked that he would ask that. My first thoughts were of what I had posted on board the previous week and I knew for a fact I hadn’t discussed them anywhere but on ATS.

He came into my office and explained that the previous night he had a dream where he and some friends were deer hunting. They were spread out when across the clearing a Bigfoot with a crushed grizzly bear emerged from the woods and into the clearing. It began walking towards him and he freaked out and started shooting at it. The Bigfoot turned away but when he ran out of bullets it dropped the grizzly and started running towards him. He took off running too but after just a few steps it grabbed him. That’s when he woke up.

I sat at my desk stunned at the story he was telling me. I was more than a bit paranoid at how he could have come about it. Was he stalking me online? How could he have dreamed the EXACT thing that I had been typing onto the boards just a few days previous? Like I said, I did not discuss this with anyone in real life.

My first question to him was, “Have you ever been to abovetopsecret.com?” He had never even heard of it.

I’ve been thinking allot about this since he told me of his dream. His dream and my words weren’t just about Bigfoot in general, but specifically about the weapon a deer hunter would use with the same conclusion.

Our offices are right beside each other, but I’m just throwing that in the mix in case someone was wondering. I don’t surf the net at work so he couldn’t have wondered into my office and seen it on my monitor. I’ve never logged onto ATS from work.

I can’t explain this, I can only narrow it down to three possibilities.

I somehow projected my thoughts.

He is a psychic and read my thoughts.

It was one hell of a coincidence.

I’d love to get some feedback from the members. Any and all opinions are welcome. This was something that was really strange and I’d love to figure it out.

wupy

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I actually had a dream about bigfoot a few weeks back in the same kind of scenario. I was out with a few friends in a forest clearing. There was some other kind of animal (we thought it was a baby bigfoot) so we walked over to it. It had a deformed head and I think it was just my mind playing tricks on me. However, a second later I turned around to see what was making noise behind me. My pointer finger (yes just the finger) felt like it was being pulled out of its socket. I looked into the trees but could not make out a creature of any kind. That is when I woke up. The weird part of it was though that I actually felt something pulling on my finger and literally pulled me upwards. I woke up as if I had been shoved or something. I can't really describe the feeling but it was very eerie. A sort of deja vu but I obviously had never seen a bigfoot in real life. It was just strange that I would dream about looking for bigfoot.

I don't remember my dreams very often so it was strange that I remembered this one...as a kid I would dream of falling a lot and would feel like I actually bounced off my bed when I woke up. I think I had many OBEs as a kid but have lost the skill as it scared the # out of me and I had no idea what was going on...

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Wow, so is anyone else having Bigfoot dreams? It would be an explanation if several people are suddenly having them. It might even make the coincidence theory allot more palatable.

wupy

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Hello Mr. Whopee.

I signed up to this chatboard just to respond to your podcast.

I actually listened but could not find the thread for the podcast. So, I reply to this one.
I got your podcast from using Google. My search phrase was "Coworker Dream".

At any rate, I have no fascinating response to Bigfoot. But only the sense of wonder you may have regarding coincidences and your fellow coworker.

Let me first ask some questions then I can explain what I understand:
1 - Have you EVER ONCE accessed AboveTopSecret at work? Ever? Think.
Actually, that is the only question I have because I believe some people may be so infatuated with other people that they stalk them online. Perhaps, bored with their own lives or hired to do so by an overzealous person with a little extra money on their hands.
But, that sounds crazy doesnt it? Certainly as crazy as it would sound if you told your coworker the coincidence of having similar dreams and talking about it on this board.

I say these things because I run into these coincidences too much to hold on to any ideology that they are orchestrated by some mystical unknown. Instead, I believe they are manmade.

It is difficult talking about these things beyond the realm of mysticism. That is, calling them manmade simply because such recognition is symbolic of mental disease. In fact, I am ready to recieve the reply's of such opinions from the folks on this board.

At any rate, before calling this a psychic experience, there is some more reality to your idea that this COULD be something more down-to-earth. Have you ever heard of electronic harrassment? I'm sure you have, and there are countless posts on this board (i'm sure) of such experiences. So, forgive me if I ask something that should be obvious. But, It leads me to understand your situation as being something to TRIP YOU OUT. To cause you to reflect like this - to be in awe for whatever motivation there is.

If such thing were to happen to me, I wouldnt blink. But, I did when they first started on me. That is, I posted to the net about my spooky experience. Then, they knew they had me. I was at the realm they needed me to be: the mystical influence. They needed this in me so I would not concentrate on the more human aspect of my experience. The knocks on walls were ghosts. The voices were spirits. The dreams, something of another world.

I have felt the craziest idea: that sometimes dreams can be orchestrated by outside influence. Actually, this is definitely the case. What we experience in a day reflects greatly on our dreams wether were concious of this or not. Dreams are our sleeping body's way of experiencing life.

What may seem crazy, is my idea that science has discovererd the language of dreams: of the experiences in our daily life that manifest into dreams. I feel there are these social scientists who discovered the attributes in our surroundings which become dreams; but i'm certain it is way more complicated than that.

Dont get me wrong. I still believe in coincidence. Perhaps the orchestration of your dream and your coworkers dream was your unconcious mind of saying you two gotta get together for some hunting. Perhaps something else. But, you are
probably correct that it may be a coincidence.

I have known long enough to understand my situation that when I listened to your account, it reminded me of the awe when I was being prepared for my current situation which is out of scope for this post.

Just to close, you understand how easy it is to read router logs to see where employees go when they surf at work. If just once, someone at your company saw your visitation to this sight, it could have set off a campaign from someone curious. Sometimes I will intentionally go to websites because I know my company will read them, and I will want to send them a message: like when I search for jobs while at work. At any rate, ive met my post limit. and dang. i can type cant i. good luck!

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Hello and welcome to ATS.

In response to your question I have never accessed ATS while at work. I could cause i'm on the computer most of the day but I don't because my company frowns on surfing while your supposed to be doing work. About the only outside site I visit for personal reasons would be weather.com if storms are coming or other bad weather is imminent.

As for finding the podcast threads you have a button at the top of the page which says, "Podcasts" and that will take you right to the podcast section of the site. If you have any questions about podcasting just send me a U2U and i'll help any way I can.

Hope this answers your questions and I look forward to seeing you around the board.

wupy

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
I was at work last week and thinking about Bigfoot.

just trying to discount the simplest explainations first. What caused you to think about bigfoot at work last week?
did something happen at work that maybe your coworker was also present for that started a train of thoughts that lead you to your how to kill bigfoot ponderings.
Your coworker may have ended up with the same train of thoughts which led to his dream some days later.
Does that make sense?

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Bigfoot is an interest of mine since i've actually seen one. It is possible i've discussed it at work since i've posted and podcasted about it quite a bit on ATS. It's even possible i've told the story to Craig, the coworker in the story.

The odd thing is I discussed the caliber of the weapon that it would take to drop a Bigfoot ONLY on ATS. I did not discuss it with anyone IRL. Then a few days later he had a dream about the very thing I had been posting about.

I'm sure it was just a coincidence but it was a really freaky coincidence.

wupy

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I am not too sure as to anyone that has mentioned this but i believe that Mr. Wooop had precognition that his coworker was going to have that dream. Saying that he was just somehow thinking of it one day, and the fact that i believe you have a more open mind than your coworker does.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Maybe it was precog, I don't know. All I do know is it was really strange. The guy in the office next to mine has a dream about the very thing i'm posting on the boards of ATS and not discussing IRL. If it had been a dream about the weather or the coming winter or something like that, I could have written it off. But it was a dream about the caliber of weapon needed to kill a Bigfoot! That is what made it so odd.

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   
My personal thought about it: Thought Projection.

I don't know if it's because we are twins or something this is what happens to me:
Sometimes, I'm thinking about a song, actually singing it in my thoughts.
And then my brother starts to sing and the exact part of the song that "my head" was playing, Odd.

In your case somehow you may have introduced this question in your friend's subconcious and then he found out the answer for you. Well, who know

[edit on 23/9/2006 by tunin]

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Wouldn't a hunting rifle kill a bigfoot if you shot it in the head? Not that I would want that.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Many people have given good possibilities as to why this "coincidence" happened. Here's my suggestion. It was what I would call a synchronicity(sp?). Which I interpret as the universe telling you that you are indeed correct. In addition. If you plan on going hunting any time soon I would suggest bringing an elephant gun. Seriously.

Just a thought. But the universe IS a strange place...

Vas

top topics

join