It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The question of GOD

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
The thought has spun around my head for quite some time. There is truly a god, but not in the sense that we all think. People want to believe in an afterlife and that is were they get the idea of there being a god, a creator of this afterlife. And just to make it into a good story to tell to children and keep this idea of religion going, you might as well create an antagonist, the devil. There you go, now you've got a hole storyline that people will want to listen to. And some of them believe. Once you have people who believe in something hole heartely, more people see this, and follow suite. There's my sumary on religion in a wine bottle. But I'm not here to argue about afterlife, i'm here to get peoples ideas on what they believe happened, what they believe to be their "creator". I also want to give me expanded version of how everything works out, to have it tested by the wonderful people here at ATS.

"Knowledge without creativity is nothing"

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Well, first course of action would be to define god. You say there truly is a god. Who's god truly exist's then? The christian god? The catholic god? The hindu gods? The ancient egyptian gods?

Problem being, at the time these were all believed in fully by it's followers, they all seemingly experienced this thing they refer to as "personal proof". Personal proof can only take you so far down the road of validity.

We can't really determine how it probably went without determing which god is the true god, which religion has the closest answer, and when and why that particular religion formed.

Sure, we can sit here till we're all blue in the face screaming obscentitites at each other (which I'm fine with), when it all come's down to it however, no god can be proven more right over any other god. All boils down to that personal proof issue.

and yea, blah blah blah ... blah blah. BLAH!

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   
First off, i want to say that i'm looking at god as something more than faith. More as a creator. Someone or something that created us. Alien, maybe. More likely our ancestors, those who lived before us. Just knowing basic biology, There has to be one cell to create more cells. Where did the first cell come from. Our creators just created us as a science experiment. We came from somewhere, and i want to know peoples thoughts on where that somewhere is. There are 2 main possibilities, they were the dieing end of a great alien race, and created us to move on in there footsteps,I could explain this more if you wish. the other possibility is that we are simply some science experiment, created by higher beings, That could explain pretty much everything happening in our world today.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by formoneyormind
There is truly a god, but not in the sense that we all think.

I honestly don't know what people are talking about when they refer to "God." Most of the time, it seems like people use the word in place of "I don't know."

As recently shown in the Gospel of Judas, the Gnostics determined that this Universe was created by an insane being of enormous power named "Saklas," but that the real "God" was incomprehensible and undefinable, not even a "thing," much less an entity you could worship or deal with on any level.

"I don't know."

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   

First off, i want to say that i'm looking at god as something more than faith.

Well, that's pretty much impossible. Until of course you can prove some 'god' like being exists or had existed at one point in time.

More as a creator.

Creator of what? The universe? Our planet? Our species? The flu maybe?

Someone or something that created us. Alien, maybe. More likely our ancestors, those who lived before us. Just knowing basic biology,

Let's say alien. Who created that alien? Now ask that an infinite amount of time's. Let's say some form of energy (despite the idiocy of such a claim). What created that being of energy? Now ask that an infinite ammount of times.

I'm not sure what you mean by our ancestors. Which primitive hominid species are you refering to?

There has to be one cell to create more cells. Where did the first cell come from.

Well, it's really a simple process, so long as the right conditions exist for it to occur. Simple biochemistry really. Books (and/or google) are our friends.

Our creators just created us as a science experiment.

Interesting hypothesis. It's a shame that there's no evidence to support this claim. Pitty really.

We came from somewhere, and i want to know peoples thoughts on where that somewhere is.

Right ok ... Well, it's the third planet from the sun that we've affectionatly named Earth, although some people call it Terra which I think is a sweet name for the planet and everyone should start calling it that. Google Terra!

There are 2 main possibilities, they were the dieing end of a great alien race, and created us to move on in there footsteps,I could explain this more if you wish.

Please do, I'm an avid sci-fi fan. I'm sure I'll be able to appreciate this explanation with great pleasure.

the other possibility is that we are simply some science experiment, created by higher beings, That could explain pretty much everything happening in our world today.

Like I said, interesting hypothesis, just lacking supportive evidence. I've always been under the impression that man is responsable for man. I find it somewhat of a cop out to push our species problems upon unseen higher being's. Sort of like wussing out or something.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Thank you for showing me all of my flaws. A man cannot see all of his own flaws no matter how hard he tries. As for the proof part, it gets hard from there. Religion is all about having faith that it's there, being willing to take a fall and hope that someone is there to stop you from hitting rock bottom. As for the sci fi part, i may be able to help a little. This alien race may have been something like us except they were way more advanced, they knew how to maniplulate cells to do what they wanted. Who knows what happened, they all got wiped out somehow, but before that happened, they created the something that would evolve into something resembling themselves, but with a better chance of surviving what ever it was that destroyed them. It could have happened almost anyway you can think. You wanna share your thoughts on how it came together. And just maybe show some friendship

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I personally don't follow faith in anything. Anywho, for the super duper advanced alien plot, sounds alot like star trek, or many many sci-fi novels... I honestly can't come to terms with something that has literally no supportive evidence for it, such as every single religous belief out there, or thought's on super duper advanced aliens creating us just before the conviently died out without leaving any legacy in place to let us know what happened and possibly avoid it from happening again. I know I'm comming off as rude, and I mean to. I know it sounds abit harsh, but these days, people just don't think anymore. Too many robots walking around. It's creeping me out and pissing me off. Sure, they think, talk, have opinions, but next to none of them have indivuality. It's like we're evolving into Homo Retardis Roboticus ffs. Yea, I COULD be abit more nice, but I stopped playing pretend a long time ago. Pollitically correct is for cowards.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by formoneyormind
Religion is all about having faith that it's there, being willing to take a fall and hope that someone is there to stop you from hitting rock bottom.

Personally, I think that's just something we try to do as children with our parents or some other adult who helps us stay alive and grow up. After we grow up, we should have the courage to recognize that we live in a harsh and hostile Universe, and in the end there won't be any supernatural Mommy or Daddy to be there when we fall. It'll just be death and non-existence and that's that. No more childish fantasies.

new topics

top topics

join