It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico threatens lawsuits over Guard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
source

Seems like this will not be an issue at all, since Bush said they would not be acting in a legal capacity. But who knows.

CIUDAD JUAREZ, Mexico (AP) -- Mexico warned Tuesday it would file lawsuits in U.S. courts if National Guard troops detain migrants on the border and some officials said they fear the crackdown will force illegal crossers into more perilous areas to avoid detection.

"If there is a real wave of rights abuses, if we see the National Guard starting to directly participate in detaining people ... we would immediately start filing lawsuits through our consulates," Foreign Secretary Luis Ernesto Derbez said in an interview with a Mexico City radio station.

Don't know if this situation is going to start turning ugly. Gotta wait and see I guess.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Our country. Our laws. When they stop illegally coming here we'll stop legally punishing them.

Moving to US Politics.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Where does Mr. Fox get the nerve to do this?
It is my impression that he is encouraging his countrymen to come north, all the while mistreating those who come into his country.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 02:29 AM
link   
The most ridiculous nonsense I've heard out of Mexico yet.

So now in order to break the law easier, Mexico is going to try to legally sue the US for protecting their own border???

What I would do from now on is everytime Mexico whines about immigration, double the amount of National Guard being sent.

Fox: You are insulting Mexico!
US: 12,000 National Guard are now going to the border
Fox: We will sue you for protecting your own border!
US: 24,000 now are headed to the border and we now are sending 100,000 illegals back to Mexico this month.
Fox: C'mon Bush we are friends, we won't sue you...hey want some crack or meth because next year we're legalizing drugs?
US: 1 million Mexicans are now headed back and 1 million crack head Americans too are now yours.

Mexico has really lost it, they have been given so many hand outs that now they expect it or will sue? I thought they were level headed, but now they're playing games. They feel they are entitled to so many things they've illegaly obtained that now it's time for the US to just get it done. Mexico is going to whine one way or another so you might as well just crack down and fix the border once and for all.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

We were discussing it over at ATS and that thread got closed
because this one was up so I'm posting this so ya'll can read
what we said.

I provided links to show what the MEXICAN immigration laws
are. They'll knock your sox off. The millions of people that
they are pushing to come here would NOT be welcome to
immigrate into Mexico.

It's freak'n amazing.

www.mexperience.com...
www.todossantos.cc...
www.cis.org...

[edit on 5/18/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Bringing my post over from the closed thread:

Mexico wants to sue us in our courts for posting our troops on our borders?

I think it is high time we did away with that silly law that grants citizenship to anyone born here. There should be a requirement that at least one parent is a citizen before citizenship is blindly bestowed.

EDIT: Why don't we just make Mexico our 51st state and be done with this?

[edit on 5/18/2006 by darkelf]

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atomic
1 million Mexicans are now headed back and 1 million crack head Americans too are now yours.

!!!

The really funny part of that is the Americans will all go freely.

Mexico has really lost it, they have been given so many hand outs that now they expect it or will sue?

Hey, that sounds... kind of... like... oh , nevermind, wrong thread.

Originally posted by darkelf
Why don't we just make Mexico our 51st state and be done with this?

As crazy as Fox is, he wouldn't stand for it. Mexicans (at least all the ones I've met, born there or not) are proud of thier country, despite the fact that no one seems to want to live there.

Besides, could you imagine all the people screaming, "OMG!! WTF!? NWO!!!"

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
Why don't we just make Mexico our 51st state and be done with this?

I've said it before and I'll say it again -
I highly approve of this and wish it would happen.

top topics

join