It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

anyone resting on 06/06/06

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   
i was honestly thinking of asking my boss for this day off. don't want vacation day cuz i don't want to get paid for it don't want to call in sick but i want it of to be praying or just to not leave my apartment. my beliefe is is that this is not superstition like bury your mothers toenails to cure warts but this is something biblical. not like y2k but biblical. in revalations 13 verse 18. " for it is the number of a man and his number is six hundred threescore and six (666)" not a mark but a number of a man, and aren't calendar days numbers of man. anyone else feel this way or taking that day off??

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
short answer?

nope.

then again I don't trip out if a black cat crosses my path

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Geeeeeeez WOW ... IDK wth to say..

Man, aren't you going to feel silly when nothing happens.

I mean c'mon ... 6/6/2006. we survived the year 666BC ... we survived 666AD. And there are still some people today who think we won't survive 2006? WTF MAN. :shk:

Oh yea, 1000 years ago nothing happened on 6/6/1006 either. 1000 years before that on 6/6/0006AD ... nothing happened.

[edit on 16-5-2006 by Prot0n]

[edit on 16-5-2006 by Prot0n]

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   
but then again nothing was happening according to biblical prophecy then like it is now. i mean more could be said of revelations profecies being fullfilled today than 100 or 1000 years ago. what with wars and natural disasters or God's word perverted, marriage being defamed with the gays allowed to marry in some countries epedemic diseases in epic proportions happening NOW that was not around about 100 or 1000 years ago. so perhaps we may be in the end of days should we worry well... we are entitled to it besides didn't Christ say to be aware and prepared for the day of his return but that we would suffer before like the world would not know it

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
ahem revelations was about the roman empire imo.

also I think greece was into some mansecks back in ancient times..

as for epic disease

Remember that one called "THE PLAUGE"?

I'm not worried, but you can worry for me.

[edit on 16-5-2006 by Lysergic]

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Yea ... your right. There were no wars or natural disaster's or people making fun of god. There were no big evil gay people loving each other in gay ways. No epedemic diseases of any kind at all in history.

Get. A. Grip. On. Reality.

I've got some homework for you. Pick up a history book or a hundred. Take a look back through history. There has been NUMEROUS ammount of time's that christians thought it was the end time's. Everything seemingly fit the prophecies! It MUST have been the end times. Gee yea... I bet they felt silly to.

If I'm not mistaken, the big J-Man himself claimed it was the end times back in the day. Man, just about every religion has some friggin end times scenario. God damn death cults.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Your right something terrible will happen on that day. JUDGEMENT DAY, or as some call it exams

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 03:09 AM
link   
meh, I'm not too concerned. Actually, let me rephrase that...I'm not concerned. If it is the beginning of the end, cool, world's gonna be a much better place in about 7 years.

I think it's awesome you'd like to spend a day in prayer, but don't do it because of fear; do it because of love for God.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I thought nothing of it to0, until I realized that was the day my pistol permit expired. Coincidence? Perhaps but I will still have some nice fresh mags lying around JIC but then again I am always armed, everyday just in case the world decides to end then

[edit on 19/5/2006 by AKaholic]

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   
wow the year 2006 and people are still afraid of the boogeyman. We thought we were so far ahead of our ancestors who hid when there were Eclipses? Hahaha
Dude/Dudette if you feel the need to liquidate your assets before the end days and want to guarantee yourself safe conduct by doing a last good deed...my paypal is always open! I can use all the help I can get! LOL

666 would have been June 6th of the year 6AD. Not 6/6/66, 6/6/666, 6/6/1006, 6/6/1066 etc etc. They did not use abbreviated dates as we do since the useage of computers came about. He came and left already unless he's still here.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
666 would have been June 6th of the year 6AD. Not 6/6/66, 6/6/666, 6/6/1006, 6/6/1066 etc etc.

There is a good point.

One of the things I like least about Christianity is that it seems to inspire fear in some people. I think some valid points are made in the book of Revelations, but I don't think anyone should be afriad of Christian based prophecy - especially if they are Christians.

Bad things will happen on June 6th. There will be car wrecks, wars, children dying of starvation, people will lose their homes, and who knows what else. These things happen every single day though. Bad things happen everyday.

What about those large scale world ending type events though? I don't think there is anything to worry about here, but just in case there is, I mean just in case the world is going to end on June 6th, could you prevent it by not being at work?

Do whatever you like that day, but I would hope that none of us would go about stirring up fear in others. Isn't life hard enough already?

I'll see you all around on Wednesday, June the 7th.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I wouldent be worried about god on the 6th however i would exercise some caution, people are stupid and im sure some cult will try some bs, so just keep an eye on pets and stuff thats simple im sure their will be atleast one devil worship story for the day

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia is a fear found in the Western Christian world, which originates in the belief that the Biblical verse, Revelation 13:18, indicates that the number 666 is linked to Satan or the Anti-Christ. Outside the Christian faith, the phobia has been further popularized as a leitmotif in various horror films.

en.wikipedia.org...

try saying that 10x fast.

[edit on 27-5-2006 by Lysergic]

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Nothing will happen. The bible doesn't say 666 is number of a date, time, or anything else except for the number of man. It also says let the wise calculate that number, surely something as obvious as 6/6/06 isn't it

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 02:12 AM
link   
One of the nice things about not believing in God is that I don't fall prey to baseless religious fears over numerology. With that said, I am going to keep my eyes open for the freakies and big-haired Jersey girls that may think it's fun to set a cat on fire that day.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 02:39 AM
link   
In the past 7 days, two catastrophic events were to take place, according to some with "special" powers, connections, or insignt. One event was supposed to occur on the 22nd, and the other the 25th or 26th (the comet taking out the east coast). There many, many people with "special" knowledge that continue to post comming events that never come true, so as for the the 6th of June, 06, what I am planning on doing is what I do every day, all the while realizing nothing other than an ordinary day will once again be gone and I will be one day closer to death.

Oh, I do have one prediction though - The day after the 6th of June, the 7th of June will come.

--- Beware the 7th of June! :shk:
:shk:

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Numerology is an esoteric phenomenon. Hopefully people just forget about ridiculous things such as this. Run people! The date is the number of the beast!! At least it is senior ditch day. hehe

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 05:24 AM
link   
666 is a computated number of a man.

All men have this number in one form or another. Its a social secuirty number, a tax number, or an ID. For the Bible says that you will no longer be able to buy and sell without it. In a paperless economy, thats where were going. Were already there, we have yet to implement it.

Its not a date, or anything superstitious like that. Go about your business without worry.

Peace

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
666 is not a date go ask any theologan or historian. Revelations was an attack on the Roman empire.

posted on May, 29 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by urmomma158
666 is not a date go ask any theologan or historian. Revelations was an attack on the Roman empire.

If you incorporate Daniel's vision, though, it is the "new" Rome that it fully applies to. Like so many other messianic prophesies, Revelation was fulfulled quickly after it was written partially, but has yet to be fulfilled fully. A lot of what was written about was fulfilled in Nero's time, just like a lot of the prophesies predicting the messiah in the Old Testament were partially fulfilled by David.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join