It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Albinos protesting DaVinci Code-LOL

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

I guess their feelings can get hurt too. Cant we not do anything right? They're specially angry at the myth of the pink eyes or red eyes.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I am not sure if the link is working.

Its on CNN.com

Its under watch free video.

[edit on 16-5-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Nothing suprises me anymore.

Not exactly sure what to think of this one.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
While I found Dan Browns ability to weave conspiracy into fiction very good; I personally wasn't as blown away by the book as others...not for any religious leanings it just wasn't as exciting as I thought it would be.

Back seat book reviews aside, the poor albino comes off as the most sympathetic character in the entire novel. IMO at least.

I don't remember these people protesting about the albino torturer in The Princess Bride.

Needless to say these people are going to hate my forth coming novel currently entitled "The Incestuous Psychotic Baby Seal Murdering Cute Puppy Eating Albino Family of NaziVille"

Spiderj

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Actually, they're very tolerant! I never heard them say anything

before, has anyone?

They've been the monsters, the bad guys, the weird people in movies for very long. They need to vent.
Everyone wants to have a say on the DaVinci Code.

I absolutely loved the book. I couldnt put it down.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Im in the same boat DG. I read the book in about two days, just wrapped myself up in it.

Going to pick up A&D this weekend and take a read. Have you this book by Brown as well?

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Chiss,

I got the hardcover when it first came out. Paid full prize. I gobbled it up in two days also.

I dont have to beleive the story, it was a great read though. I loved the old churches and the Louvre and the Albino.

What a trip! I hope the movie does it justice.

To answer your question, no this is the only one i got. Makes me want more, though.

[edit on 16-5-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I want to know about Dan Brown... is he a christian? what is his background? does anybody know about him?

I've looked on the web but it is like finding info on Bill Gates and his background for example... either very little or the same cut and paste plastered everywhere.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Wow, I guess the movie didnt go too well at the Cannes film festival

MSNBC was saying people were "laughing":shk:

I dont remember any comedy to the book. *sigh*

I think those who see it and dont like it should go get the book anyway. Books are so much better and you get much more out of it.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I heard that the laughter was due to them trying to present fiction as fact. Although Brown stated that his book is fiction, he has said that he believes that Jesus did have a child by MM.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Yeah Darkelf I'm very confused about the whole push to "debunk" the da vinci code too.

Dan Brown has made it very clear that this is fiction. He seems to have no secret anit-church agenda, he has never promoted his book as being anything other than fiction woven with conspiracy. He was just a writer looking for a best seller and boy did he find it.

If you folks have been watching the cable news nets the last few days there seems (at least in my opinion) to have been a push about showing the "mistakes" in the da vinci code or the "falsehoods". It's like someone claiming the Illuminatus trilogy's portrayel of the U.S. intelligence agencies was false.

Of course; Illuminatus is fiction (and darn good fiction) it's just fiction mixed with conspiracy.

Though I believe RAW certainly had an agenda though that's more a matter of time period than subject.

As for it not being a good movie, it's been pretty roundly panned by the trades and hey it's tough turning a book into a movie and again just my opinion but I wasn't really blown away by the book in the first place.

I am rather amused at the uproar by the catholic church. Weren't these the same priests that were telling us all to relax and not judge passion of the christ until we see it?

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone...who said that, well it'll come to me.

SPiderj

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Dan Brown can overlook all the critiques and laugh his way to the bank!

People complaining about the film, as well as the newscasts reporting, doesnt matter if its good or bad- Its all good publicity for Dan Brown and $$$$$

It is a work of Fiction incorporated with facts, as many other books out there. I'm Catholic, and i loved the book. I dont beleive Jesus was married to MM- if he was, so what?? But that's me. So, the author is loving every second of it.

Also, the History channel has all week stories about the book. Wow. If they already werent wealthy, this will set them for life.

I still dont think the movie could ever be as good as the book, though. That remains to be seen.

new topics

top topics

join