It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Make Politicians History!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Make Politicians Hostory website

Do you think that getting rid of Northern Irish politicians will be a good idea? This man really thinks so!

Even if George Weiss, thue man behind this, gets the public backing, do you really think the politicians will be out of a job? I doubt this very much.

Getting rid of the politicians may be a good idea to start with, but I feel that it won't last very long because in Belfast anyway, Catholics and Protestants can't talk with each other without some-one starting a fight, so it won't be very long before widespread triuble errupts, beause Catholics will want a catholic politician and vice versa.

Lets wish this guy good luck, as he may be right and I may be wrong

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by speight89
Do you think that getting rid of Northern Irish politicians will be a good idea?

- I wish NI could get rid of NI's warped version of what (many if not most of) 'our' politicians think they are expected to be.

17th century religio-politics is useless at running at place in the 21st century (as their recent track record of a total inability to actually do anything together shows quite clearly.
I can only hope saner heads prevail in the coming months; afterall not so long ago we did have an Assembly up and running so it can be done; although the Paisley-ites weren't so numerous back then).

But, no, however amusing or appealing in the short-term getting rid of our elected political representation is not a great idea IMO.

[edit on 16-5-2006 by sminkeypinkey]

join