It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frequencies over AREA 51??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Suppose I were to fly over AREA-51/GROOM LAKE at 40,000 feet, what frequency would that be? I looked all over the R4808N sectional charts but there are no HIGH ALTITUDE frequencies listed on those charts....

Can anyone find me those high altitude frequencies over Area51 at like suppose lets say...at 40,000 feet?

Another example would be if a special experimental fighter jet were to fly over AREA-51/GROOM LAKE at 40,000 or even 65,000 feet....what frequency (VHF) would they be on right over the AREA51 area? Even I there listed in some charts, there are encrypted already....But Im just curius to know...thats all. What chart would I have to look at for high alt. freqs over the AREA-51/Groom Lake area?

Thanks..

[edit on 16-5-2006 by infoconalpha1]Text

[edit on 16-5-2006 by infoconalpha1]

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Frequencies

You could try a commercially available reciever (Tandy/Radio Shack?). I used to listen into the commercial aviation frequencies on my dad's UHF radio when I was a kid...pilots talking with ground control on the approach to Manchester airport and the like. Although as your wanting to listen in on military chatter, you may find the band, but the signal is likely to be scrambled.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
For the record all the airspace over area 51 is restricted at all altitudes as far as I know but if you are just curious then dreamland resort (the best area 51 resource in my opinion) have a list of radio frequencies used here.

Also if you are interested in viewing area 51 from the air I'd check out Tom Mahoods website Bluefire. He has a trip report of when he did a flyby of groom lake and tonopah within the law.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I have this Radio Shack Pro-2006 which even picks up the military freqs...But also I have this Radio Shack hanheld (the Pro-51) which does not pick up the mil aviation freqs).

I just wish that someone out here can know the High Alt. freqs OVER Area-51....Thats all I need to know...is what HIGH ALT. frequencies they use right above AREA-51 at like for examle like 39,000 to 60,000 feet....

I just wish some one out here can give me a list or something...I search on the net, but those freqs are not the one that im looking for. Those are only for MPs and ground patrols or tower freqs...

I need the HIGH ALTITUDE freqs over the AREA-51....at 60,000 feet or something like that...Any charts that people would know of? Because like I said, I have the R-4808RN sectional over Groom Lake but it only gives out those low VOR transmitter freqs...

Thanks...

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
If you were actually given permission to fly through the restricted airspace, it would be via Nellis Control and you would be listening to that frequency the entire time you're in there.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 09:27 PM
link   
The previous member was right. R4808 is restricted from 0-100,000+ feet. If you fly over it, you're going to be intercepted, and you're going to spend a few days with some very nasty people answering some very pointed questions. Not to mention that their flight ops only take place during certain times of the day, and the rest of the time they're under EMCON and aren't broadcasting anything.

new topics

top topics

join