It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A very real alien abduction?...Ilkley moor,u.k

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 07:22 AM
link   
www.subversiveelement.com...

I found this whole website interesting and well put together. I have never seen this story before, i searched ATS and nothing came up, so have a read.

Its very rare an alien 'encounter' story leaves me pondering its sincerity....they seem to stand out a mile when fake......but this one feels very different. If you take Kodak's analysis of the photograph and manchester universitys compass analysis, and the hypnosis.....i think were looking at a very credible and genuine ecounter that appears to have been overlooked by our communitty?

havent got time to look into any links at present but 'Ilkley moor' isnt far from the part of the world i originally hail, im sure this is better documented somewhere else?

Regards.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   
ufologie.net...

a more in depth account,

There is no evidence that the story told by "Spencer" is untrue: he always refused his real name to be published, he always refused money offered for his story. If the story is a hoax, it could only have been set up under the improbable yet not impossible motive that he planned a hoax for the inner satisfaction of fooling the ufology community. This appears quite improbable, since he never expressed too much concern about being believed or not.

[edit on 16-5-2006 by optimus fett]

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Whys the image so grainy? Not doubting its authenticity, just curious...was photo quality that bad back in 1987?

EDIT: To answer my question above, just incase anyone else is wondering and hasnt read yet..
"He stated that the slow film speed used for the low light conditions made the film too grainy for proper testing. "I had great hopes that this case would prove definitive. Sadly circumstances prevent it from being so," Maccabee stated.

Im reading the article now so ill edit my comments in on it when im done.

[edit on 16-5-2006 by Delirious]

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   
might find something about this back in the 2002 archives - I seem to recall doing some research on this when I lived there a few years back. There is a guy in Illkley who does tours starting at the Cow and Calf Hotel on the moor focusing on all the Occult and UFO experiences people have there.

The moor is pretty close to habitation - Menston, Burley and Ilkley but can be very bleak and creepy - especially in the fog. Great fun to drive over at Halloween when the fog is about.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   

might find something about this back in the 2002 archives

cheers...(doh....didnt check that far back).....

yeah...theres a few snippets about the pic n stuff but i'd like to review this all, if the mods dont mind (?)

i think this has been seriously overlooked on ATS.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Greeting Optimus Fett, i hope ur well.

This is a great read

I found this to be a very interesting encounter.
The missdirection of his compass is indeed really interesting and so is his whole hypnosis transcript in relation to what he remembered at first.

I will do some research on this,subscribe to this thread and post whenever i find something interesting out about this.
Many UFO encounteres have been reported where the witness or abductee dosent remember the actual event itself but conciously records it as if it didnt take place.

It is very interesting how he first reports the series of events on the count of they seem to be no time differential in his conciouse mind . Many people have said that they have experienced no time difference to the events before and after there experiences, thus making them appear to not happen and time to continue on as usuall, some people have reported that they actually go back in time but dont remember it and simply carry on as they were doing before the incident.

This triggers so many things in my mind , like doesnt the bermuda triangle also have these missdirectional magnetic dissruptions? A theory is that the people travelling through the are get lost this way.

I will research this more and post back , Once again Optimus this is a truly fascinating event that u have found and I encourage all to read about it.
The films also hold great interest to me.

Great Thread Optimus Fett

many thanks

Omega85

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
great read, and what a grat page!

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
sounds like it may be a true abduction

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Greetings all.

Optimus Fett, i have done some research on this magnetic field stuff and what i have found out is really interesting to say the least.
I found out that there are currently magnetically levitated trains being tested in Europe and China ,

There are also certain scientific groups that are currently making magnetic levitation machines that can lift anything from the ground, including people allthough one form of this relies on a super conductor and uses part of the item own magnetic field during its operation, this includes humans i found this interesting as i didnt know that humans had a self generated magnetic field allthough when i thought about it , Humans generate there own electricity so it is only fact that they should generate some amount of magnetic field.

But

One of the most interesting things i read was this,
In order to produce something of this nature, you have to conduct the DOD (Department Of Defence) before hand so that they can go over it first.

More to come,

Omega

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I don't know. The photo looks an awful lot like a simulacrum, maybe a piece of wood or something that looks something like a little creature of some sort, but not too much. The story (hypnosis, argh!), is more of the same old jive.

Another Page

[edit on 17-5-2006 by Hermes Trismegitus]

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I've known about this case for a while. Sounds pretty interesting when he finds out that he was actually being dropped off when he saw the alien. Now, as far as the hyptnosis session being the same ol' same ol', I found this one quite interresting in that he found out he was being dropped off when he saw the alien. I've never heard of a memory recall like that before. I found it quite unique.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrChipps
Now, as far as the hyptnosis session being the same ol' same ol', I found this one quite interresting in that he found out he was being dropped off when he saw the alien. I've never heard of a memory recall like that before.

I suppose so. It's just that being shown pictures of impending doom and the whole ecology message from Captain Planet is a little old hat, along with the "secret" message he's not supposed to tell anybody about.

Personally, I think it was a leprechaun pretending to be an alien.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Good thread you got here, optimus fett!

I agree. This account is rather fascinating. Especially with the unusual "twist".

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I suppose so. It's just that being shown pictures of impending doom and the whole ecology message from Captain Planet is a little old hat, along with the "secret" message he's not supposed to tell anybody about.

Don't you suppose if so many people were fakeing their abductions, that they would throw a little more spice into the story? Maybe throw in something new that's never happened before? Instead of just saying the same ol' stuff all the time? I do. Which lends me to believe that MOST are telling the truth BECAUSE they are all so similar. That these other galactic civilizations ARE concerned about us because we're killing our ecology, which in turn will kill us.

I believe. Not everyone does. And I'm not trying to make someone believe. I just feel there is some influence changing peoples preceptions about taking care of our planet. And it's not us who started it. I believe through abductions, they have been preparing us for an awakening.

As for the "secret" message he's not supposed to tell us about yet....It's possible that he himself doesn't know the message yet. But it will be passed on to him when the time is right. Below is a link to an interview from Coast to Coast radio. It's only part 1 of 3 (you can find the others by searching the site) but it totally touches on "the awakening" and how people will "wake up" and remember things when the time is right. I thought it was very interesting. I just listened to it last night....And I'm looking forward to checking out the other 2 parts just as soon as I finish here on ATS.

Please check it out.
video.google.com...

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Sorry for going off topic here a little

@Omega
It is really interesting that you said you think the human body has a magnetic field. I am a physicist and also an aikidoka. In martial arts there is a concept of ki (or qi in chinese). i have always set out to disprove this concept as rubbish, or rather just explain it through Newtonian mechanics. When last week an aikido master showed me how he can bend people over at the waist without touching them. I felt such a powerful force, it was amazing and I totally changed my viewpoint about this. I thought it could just be a magnetic field so I tried to deflect a compass needle but nothing happened. So now I am confused. If it isn't magnetism then what is it? What research have you done?

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
What is particularly interesting to me about this case is that, centuries ago, all over the country, and certainly in rural areas like ilkley, people were reporting 'Fairy' abductions'. The nature of this 'alien' (Greenish/Pointed ears etc) would have been considered as one of the 'Sidhe' or fairy folk in medievel times. These cases also have time dilation/distortion associated with them. These phenonema are clearly not only contemporary, it's just that the society of the day 'see's' and interprets it's own level of technology to the sighting.

top topics

join