It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finland's Eurovision Entry

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Finns shocked by Eurovision band
Finland's controversial entry for this year's Eurovision Song Contest - a heavy metal band called Lordi (The Lord) - has upset many Finns.
The band members wear scary masks, which they refuse to take off, and the lead singer wields a chain-saw.

Their song Hard Rock Hallelujah is a radical departure from the folk songs usually associated with Eurovision.

Rock on! I'm just going to watch Lordi play their song and then just turn the eurovision off

Father Mitro Repo
Lord have mercy on us Finnish people now

I just love the quote from Father Mitro Repo a Finnish clergyman.

Link to Lordi Hard Rock Hallelujah video

[edit on 16-5-2006 by UK Wizard]

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 06:33 AM
link   

I thought this was a joke when I first heard about it. An absolutely great idea, the Eurovision contest has been stagnant for years, nobody cares anymore. It's time to bring back some controversy and excitement. I can't wait to hear Wogans comments about them on the night

Have you seen the UK entrant this year? He's.....he's.................BLOODY AWFUL!!! I mean, we can laugh at ourselves again, but really.....I'd rather cut my ears off than endure hearing that song again.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Now this was a post I didn't expect to see

This is the first time in (at least) 20 years than I'm interested in seeing how the song contest goes, no matter if it's another rehash of "Finland - Zero points".

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Ok now the Lordi fans have a website up:

Vote Lordi

Translated to 19 languages already!

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Im going to vote for them just because they are different.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
and i did just vote a min ago.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Thank you tomcat ha, and please vote again tomorrow night!

Lordi rocked the others off the stage... I guess the Eurovision won't be the same again

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
We are so going to score, Beavis!

\,,/ 243 points and counting!

And we did win!

Two hundred ninety two points! 292!

Highest score EVER!

[edit on 20/5/06 by Count]

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Mix Spinal Tap with Kiss...

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I voted for them ! BTW our (UK) entry was bloody awful.

god I cant believe ive just admitted to the world ive not only watched but participated in the Eurovision song contest.:shk:

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   
BEWARE ALL
Hell Will freeze over any moment from now on!!!!

We WON!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 20-5-2006 by asala]

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I saw perhaps three minutes at most of the show, but it did include the UK entrant, who is so appalling that it made me get onto this forum and post this rant. Hooray for Finland though. Lordi sound rather fun next to the bed-wettingly dreadful "Daz".

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Lordi ruuuuuuuuuule!

ETA: Nevermind. Go Lordi!

The U.K should enter DragonForce into next year's Eurovision. They'd kick arse!

[edit on 21-5-2006 by xeroxed88]

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 06:19 AM
link   
O......................M...................................G!

How much did Lordi rock, they put the other countries to shame by a long shot!

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 06:28 AM
link   
PErsonally ( and yes some of us in Australia watch Eurovision because it's soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad!) I absolutely loved Lordi! If they didnt win I wanted the Lithuanian guys just because they got up and totally took the P*** out of it!

" We are the winners ......... of eurovision..........." LOL too funny

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 06:32 AM
link   

I thought the funniest part was the mumbles on ITV and BBC news about "promoting satanism". Someone, give these people a clue.

I was even more shocked that we (the UK) got away with any points at all. That "Daz" deserved minus points for the Yellow jacket alone, nevermind the hideous song!

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by chebob

I thought this was a joke when I first heard about it. An absolutely great idea, the Eurovision contest has been stagnant for years, nobody cares anymore. It's time to bring back some controversy and excitement. I can't wait to hear Wogans comments about them on the night

Have you seen the UK entrant this year? He's.....he's.................BLOODY AWFUL!!! I mean, we can laugh at ourselves again, but really.....I'd rather cut my ears off than endure hearing that song again.

I have to agree with you Chebob hun............. when I first saw what was going in for us................I just knew we didnt have a chance in hell of getting anywhere.

It was 19th we came wasnt it ?

Better than last year then hehehehehe

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I hope Finntroll will enter for finland next year

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Yeah, the fact that "Daz" got more than 10 points paints a worrying picture of Europes musical tastes

What will we have next year? A "Jeremy Kyle Show" reject, burping to a techno background while 15 year olds with prams "dance"? Don't think it couldn't happen

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   
AHHHHHHHHH No not "Jeremy Kyle" reject ?

Hehehehehehe anything but that !

top topics

<<   2 >>

join