It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Bush Doubles World Record for Largest Perch Ever Caught!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Way to go Mr. President!!!

Bush’s best moment in office? Catching big fish
President tells German newspaper landing perch was best, 9/11 the worst
MSNBC

BERLIN - President Bush told a German newspaper his best moment in more than five years in office was catching a big perch in his own lake.

"You know, I've experienced many great moments, and it's hard to name the best," Bush told weekly Bild am Sonntag when asked about his high point since becoming president in January 2001.

"I would say the best moment of all was when I caught a 7.5-pound perch in my lake," he told the newspaper in an interview published Sunday. Bush said the worst moment was Sept. 11, 2001, when hijacked planes crashed into the World Trade Center in New York and the Pentagon in Washington.

Amazing. Considering the world record set in 1865 was only a little over 4 pounds.

That's some fish story Mr. President!

Apparently Bush's "best moment" in office was a lie to the American people.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Yup catching a really big fish is probably the best thing he's ever accomplished as president. We should all be proud.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Way to go Mr. President!!!

Bush’s best moment in office? Catching big fish

Amazing. Considering the world record set in 1865 was only a little over 4 pounds.

Apparently Bush's "best moment" in office was a lie to the American people.

Well, there's perch and then there's perch. The record in Texas is:

Nile Perch 12 lbs 1 oz 30.5" Lake Braunig Mike Saldiver 2/1/1980
www.bigfishtackle.com...

I'm sure you will agree that your "fish story" was a bit more outlandish than the President's, eh?

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   
great he's a hillbilly and a liar. wonderful

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Also Perch is probably translated differently into German. So it could be a Bass. or Walleye.

But sad, although looking at it what good has he done?

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Whose Lie Is It Anyway?

In my travels I came across this old "scandal" today.

The Official White House Transcript says nothing about a perch.

The best moment was -- you know, I've had a lot of great moments. I don't know, it's hard to characterize the great moments. They've all been busy moments, by the way. I would say the best moment was when I caught a seven-and-a-half pound large mouth bass on my lake. (Laughter.)

Who's lying?

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Way to go Mr. President! He's probably making the weight up through. Nice to know he can fish too.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Im glad he's happy catching a fish, while his soilders are dying in his illegial war.
Those pesky badnews events.... good ol fishing always sooths the soul

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Who's lying?

Clearly the Germans. The President's best moment in office was catching a bass, not a perch. Pfft.

Can we PLEASE amend the Constitution for more of this guy?

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
My favorite lie was when he said he mourned the lives of 131 Israelis that lost their lives in the WTC buildings, when actually ZERO died.

AAC

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
This criminal has told so many, many lies since he's been in office, some of them are REALLY terrible. Why should we care if he lied about a fish?

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Caught a fish ttttttttttthhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssssss big. Well atleast he has something to remember from his Presidency

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
An Advantageous Perch

Originally posted by RANT
Can we PLEASE amend the Constitution for more of this guy?

Woohoo! Four more years kill me now!

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
You crazy liberals crack me up. He doesn't catch Osama and you give him hell. He finally catches something and you won't even admit that it's an improvement.

I applaud the capture of this fish as a definate sign of improvement in The War on Terror (if only in contrast to how badly everything relevant is going).

My sources, which are as reliable as any member of this administration (a magic 8-ball) say that the fish, despite initially giving a false name and species, is now giving actionable intelligence on a new terrorist organization, the Ecosystems Abruptly Responding To Humans.

According to chatter, this new faction, The EARTH, is plotting to destroy us over the course of coming generations because it hates our freedom and our cars. Because of Mr. Bush's timely catch though, our government has hatched a plan to destroy EARTH before it can destroy us.

BEST PRESIDENT EVER!

It's a shame, the Democrats will probably accuse America of starting it and suggest that maybe if we back down first, Earth will eventually stop trying to kill us.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I don't think Bush can tell the difference between a perch and a bass anyway, so why does it matter? Something's fishy.

Originally posted by The Vagabond
It's a shame, the Democrats will probably accuse America of starting it and suggest that maybe if we back down first, Earth will eventually stop trying to kill us.

I coulda sworn you were running under the Democratic ticket for the ATS election...Hehe, what gives Vagabond, slamming the Dems and the liberals?

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
How will the voters know that I'm serious about politics if I never stab anyone in the back True American? I was thinking about starting a war for profit to really make my case to the other side of the aisle, but it turns out that I just don't have 400 Billion Dollars in campaign funding, so instead I'm doing what many of today's most successful politicos do: talking a good fight.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   

How will the voters know that I'm serious about politics if I never stab anyone in the back True American?

So true!
I have no doubt that with that underpinning, the votes will come in droves... Don't forget once you're prez to manipulate and manufacture ATS evidence against the political conspiracy theorists. Fun fun.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
ATS' bombardment of PTS with large perch and/or small bass must stop immediately, or my first act as president will be to invoke the War Powers Act and retaliate with several megatons of Medium Range Ballistic Mackarel.

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   

ATS' bombardment of PTS with large perch and/or small bass must stop immediately, or my first act as president will be to invoke the War Powers Act and retaliate with several megatons of Medium Range Ballistic Mackarel.

I'm sure your sense of humor won't hurt either, Vagabond...Lord knows we can always use some of that around PTS to offset all the doom and gloom.
Maybe Val will let you borrow her Freddy Fish for a while.

top topics

join