It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nazis and Fuerteventura ? (canary islands)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I was wondering if any one could help with this?

i was out for dinner with an old pal and my girlfriend last night, both of which have lived in the canary island of Fuertaventura. We were discussing the islands when it cam up that there is a ruined house set in the side of a mountain that has been carved out. My friend said that the house..(now a ruin) was built for Heinrich Himmler (Hitlers architect of the holocaust) apparentley it was to be a gift for him that he attempted to run to at the end of ww2, obviously this never happened.

My pal said there was always a lot of myth surrounding the islands that they may have been used as a safe haven/storage point for Nazi loot, as spain and its dictator/leader (Franco) was openly sypmathetic towards hitler and the Nazi's, i was wondering if any one here on ats has any pictures or links to these islands, the house i mentioned and the hitlers link to this island?

i have already searched my self and can only bring up actual tourist type links to the island which do not seem to have any information.

any information would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
We have just returned from Fuerteventura Island and attended a history lecture during our stay. I can confirm the following facts:

1. The Nazis helped Franco in the Spanish Civel Wat 1936-39
2. Spain was neutral in the second world war
3. A large part of the south of the island (isolated) was given over to the German Engineer Gustav Winter. He worked on many projects such as a the 1940s military airport at El Mattoral.
4. He buit a large villa close to the sea; called The Villa Winter, based on a house built in 1893 in the Black forest. I believe this still stands in the South.
5. It has been "suggested" that there was a U Boat base, and that it was used by escaping Nazis on their way to South America after the war.
6. It has been "suggested" that as late as 1950 explosions destoyed underwater installations?

*NB: A suggestion is just a suggestion and not to be taken as a fact.

Comment: Franco was a Nazi sympathiser and as Spain was neutral during the war an Island base for U Boats (if this existed) could be very useful (but also in contravention of Spains neutrality) especially if used to raid North Atlantic Conveys. It would have been very embarrassing and a massive incentive to Franco post war to destroy the evidence. Germany helped Franco win the Spanish Civel War by sending units of their Luftwaffe Condor Legion. Facilitating a U Boat base in Fueterventura in exchange would be reasonable and at at that time the second war and Spanish neutrality had not been declared.

Hope this was of interest.

reply to post by optimus fett

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Further I can supply the e-mail address of the historian who supplied this data: Bernie Power. He may be contacted at: tindayaarms@hotmail.com

He has produced a Condensed Study of Fuerteventura which can be supplied at small cost. It contains a picture of the Winter Palace. He also conducts guided tours to those interested.

reply to post by Zorro123

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Hi there,

if you go to some of the Urbex sites , i am sure i saw a few reports from some explores on the Island , specifically the house.

i will try to find the links for you.

snoopyuk

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Hello all, I am from fuerteventura and I know about all this stories the guy who lives in that house and it's actually investigating the history of that house is on facebook. You can click and see all his videos inside the house etc... The only issue is for non spanish speakers as he explains everything in spanish! Really interesting and hoping to see the final investigation. His name is Pedro Fumero

top topics

join