It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flight77.info - Pentagon video release imminent?

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Uh? I didn't attack anyone, not anyone here anyway as I said.
If it's unacceptable to generalise or comment on certain groups then I insist you and anyone else cease to generalise about the Government, or saying anything bad about Mr Bush.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clipper
I would like to calculate the statistical chances of the cameras capturing the plane as it flew past the cameras. Can anyone help me, or point me in the direction of the information. Maybe this has already been done.

If the plane was travelling at 500mph, that is 223.52 meters a second.

Or 111.76 meters every half second (the cameras took a photos every half a second).

What is the distance in meters across the lawn as seen from the direction of the cameras.

Would the second camera take photos at exactly the same time? Or can we factor different times into the calculation.

Also what was the shutter speed of the cameras? Or what would we expect, based on the photos? If we knew this we could calculate the blur of the plane we could expect.

[edit on 18-5-2006 by Clipper]

Allow me to interject here as you are spreading disinformation. The cameras used at government sites are NOT the ones that generated this footage. The footage released is from two very generic low res CCD cameras that are likely at personnel identification stations (hence the security gate being visibile in the one), which are useless in the grand scheme of things. They are designed to capture information 6 to 8' away. These cameras are not an integral part of the observation systems, and because of the poor quality of video they produce, are the ones that they decided to release the footage from. The observation system cameras are the ones I would be most interested in because they are the ones that would be in the position to capture the approach and impact of what ever hit the building.

The systems in use at federal government buildings are ultra high resolution devices that capture data at 30 frames per second and capable of shutter speeds up to 1/10,000th of a second. These are very sophisticated devices that generate extremely crisp images that can be enlarged multiple magnitudes without image degradation. What ever hit the Pentagon would have been captured and would have been easily identifiable. Because of the security concerns of the Pentagon you can bet that other observation equipment was used (infrared for example) and that there were at least a dozen cameras covering that side of the building. The video released was NOT from the security system that I am familiar with at government buildings. I'm actually quite shocked that people are falling for this.

A little off topic, but why no mention fo the defense umbrella in Washington, and how it completely failed?

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
Uh? I didn't attack anyone, not anyone here anyway as I said.

That's was exactly my point, you didn't mean to attack anyone and as far as you are concerned you did not, but someone else thought that you did...

Originally posted by AgentSmithIf it's unacceptable to generalise or comment on certain groups then I insist you and anyone else cease to generalise about the Government, or saying anything bad about Mr Bush.

I didn't say anything at all about the govt or Mr. Bush, I tried to use your post:

Oh don't worry it's not your fault, the majority of the time I'm not attacking the people who think they are - I just get the rid mist when I start writing and I don't make it clear who I'm (not) talking to.
Whenever I go off on one it's usually whoever started off the misinformation in my head LOL..
in an attempt to highlight that we need to stop the warring and try to work together...which obviously failed miserably and came across as an attack, thus proving that I'm at least as guilty as anyone here.

I'll now slink off into the dark to lurk and let the warring continue uninterrupted.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Again, it's not your fault. What can I say, I'm a bit of a tosser and I'm always on the defensive.
Apologies, you are absolutely right, we do need to stop bickering and work together, one wonders if a lot of disinformation is designed to stop just that and cause a divide between intelligent, capable people.
No hard feelings

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Just a small point, everyone keeps going on about this white object that appears in the right of the screen, yep?

well do AA actually own white planes? i thought they were silver, blue red and a bit of white.

just my further 2 cents

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Umm, I do not, but what I do have is a video of a F-4 Phantom hitting a concrete wall at 800 km/h. Will that do?

Video: Plane versus concrete wall

I don't know about anyone else, but at the end of this video you can actually see the wing go through the concrete. This goes AGAINST what we are told to believe what happened at the pentagon. Watch the video again if you don't believe me.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Wings go through ? All i can see is that tip of th wing goes "through"or I shuold wrote past the concret wall because it wasn't as "big" as the plane. I'm writing about width of this concrete wall.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Iconoclast
Allow me to interject here as you are spreading disinformation. The cameras used at government sites are NOT the ones that generated this footage. The footage released is from two very generic low res CCD cameras that are likely at personnel identification stations (hence the security gate being visibile in the one), which are useless in the grand scheme of things. They are designed to capture information 6 to 8' away.

This is right and wrong. These types of cameras are used at government buildings. These are mainly used for entrances to garages. You're right these are meant to see things close up, anything in the distance will be unclear or distorted.
It's one of those dome type cameras (hence the sort of fisheye look in the vids)

The systems in use at federal government buildings are ultra high resolution devices that capture data at 30 frames per second and capable of shutter speeds up to 1/10,000th of a second. These are very sophisticated devices that generate extremely crisp images that can be enlarged multiple magnitudes without image degradation.

They are now.
Trust me, before...not all cameras were like that.

I'm actually quite shocked that people are falling for this.

Falling for what?

A little off topic, but why no mention fo the defense umbrella in Washington, and how it completely failed?

1. Red tape.
2. There was still a ton of confusion throughout the day. It takes time to sort out what threats are real and which aren't
3. The umbrella is mainly designed for missiles

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I have a question. I haven't read the entire thread yet so if someone else saw this...sorry. You can see what looks like cars going from the left to right on the highway before the "plane" crashes. Is this the highway that was in a traffic jam? If so, how could cars be moving (faster than a traffic jam BTW) on the highway? Just a thought I had....maybe nothing to it. Also, it could be one of the many exits for the pentagon that I'm seeing cars moving on.

If it is the highway, I can personally verify that at that time in the morning, traffic on 395 going towards the city is NOT moving that fast.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Taking the Bait

I'm beginning to go along with the folks over at Prison Planet, and think that this latest pile of crap from the Pentagon is just setting people up to look like idiots about the time the elections roll around. Politicising the whole thing.

People will get all wound up about the "secrecy" and demand answers, and that will become a big focus for a big group of people, wasting time and energy, then when elections come, they release perfectly clear video from some of the other 84 sources and deflate the whole deal, making all the conspiracists look like complete dopes.

Pretty good strategy, really. Well, I guess that's their job.

Those guys...

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu

Taking the Bait

I'm beginning to go along with the folks over at Prison Planet, and think that this latest pile of crap from the Pentagon is just setting people up to look like idiots about the time the elections roll around. Politicising the whole thing.

People will get all wound up about the "secrecy" and demand answers, and that will become a big focus for a big group of people, wasting time and energy, then when elections come, they release perfectly clear video from some of the other 84 sources and deflate the whole deal, making all the conspiracists look like complete dopes.

Pretty good strategy, really. Well, I guess that's their job.

Those guys...

Even if that turns out to be true, I still want to see the footage from the confiscated tapes, and there's also the damning evidence of demolitions used in the WTC towers. I don't think that finally releasing videos showing a 757 or whatever it was crashing into the Pentagon would help anybody's candidacy for President.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leto

Originally posted by Enkidu
Those guys...

Even if that turns out to be true, I still want to see the footage from the confiscated tapes, and there's also the damning evidence of demolitions used in the WTC towers. I don't think that finally releasing videos showing a 757 or whatever it was crashing into the Pentagon would help anybody's candidacy for President.

I think it's important that everybody get all the evidence they want for this stuff. It may be important, but I also know how secretive government agencies can be, particularly when it comes to letting people know how incompetent they are. That's the biggest thing they want to hide.

It would be nice to know, one way or another, what actually happened.

[edit on 18-5-2006 by Enkidu]

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Still, as long as you get people rallied up for the path to civil war it's all dandy - a few lies and misinformation never hurt anyone as long as it's for their own good..

Just to point out that this is exactly what the government does. Or did we already forget the WMDs in Iraq?

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
I have a question. I haven't read the entire thread yet so if someone else saw this...sorry. You can see what looks like cars going from the left to right on the highway before the "plane" crashes. Is this the highway that was in a traffic jam?

?
In the videos you only see one car, one car going into the pentagon.

And what traffic jam?

Could you please clerify your post

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   

we do need to stop bickering and work together, one wonders if a lot of disinformation is designed to stop just that and cause a divide between intelligent, capable people.

I think you hit the nail on the head there my friend. So, let's stop bickering and try to find some semblance of truth in here. Also, I'm interested in your thoughts about this "new" footage Agent Smith. Does it actually "put to rest" the conspiracy theory of no-757 at the pentagon in your mind? Not trying to pick on you but I like reading your thoughts on things.....since Howard hasn't jumped in yet.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird

When you say "trust me" you make it sound as if you know from first hand knowledge? Now, how could you know first hand what types of cameras were used at the pentagon on 9/11? What I'm getting at is....you live near DC and you say "trust me" as if you know. May I ask, what kind of work do you do?

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Good God no, it shows nothing at all, on either side in my opinion. I was bitterly disappointed, I at least expected a convincing video of a 757, but they gave me this crap to work with

Seriously, no - the only 'new' stuff is a load of footage before and after, good for very little in my opinion. Other than that a fuzzy thing which could be the nose of... well anything really. As I showed a 757 is not out of consideration, but it is so small, compressed and corrupt that it says little other than 'something was there', funnily enough the flames, smoke, debris, damage etc had told me that already.......... I don't think any of us disagree that something happened there that day...

As for a decent video coming out in time for elections, I wish - but do they need to even bother with actually convincing anyone any more? Strikes me opinion is dictated by the box on the wall or paper in hand, people just shrug their shoulders and go with the (dictated) flow whatever it is.
"NSA monitoring us? Cool Man....."

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   

In the videos you only see one car, one car going into the pentagon.

And what traffic jam?

Could you please clerify your post

In the distance you can see white dots moving from left to right below the other darker stuff that looks like buildings. It's like between the grass and the "buildings". It's actually before the police car arrives that you can see them (they look like dots of white).

Edit: I forgot for a second you live here also. The area of cars moving is where I think 395 should be. Either that or it is the traffic taking the first pentagon exit from 395 (which is actually what it looks like to me.....seems to be the right area). Hope this helps.

[edit on 5/18/2006 by Griff]

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Hey, does anyone know how fast the 757 was supposed to going when it hit the pentagon? Do any reports estimate a specific speed? thx.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   

This is right and wrong. These types of cameras are used at government buildings. These are mainly used for entrances to garages. You're right these are meant to see things close up, anything in the distance will be unclear or distorted.
It's one of those dome type cameras (hence the sort of fisheye look in the vids)

They are now.

Trust me, the standard went through the roof because of incidents like Oklahoma City and everyone has had to upgrade substantially. If the buildings in a non-critical region are subject to the stardard using the hi-res stuff since the late 90's, the Pentagon has been using much better.

Falling for what?

That this is the best video they have. It isn't.

1. Red tape.
2. There was still a ton of confusion throughout the day. It takes time to sort out what threats are real and which aren't
3. The umbrella is mainly designed for missiles

Right. The same bureaucratic excuses for everything. So when the Chinese or Russians or Iranians or Canadians finally get fed up and attack, they'll be able to take the country at their whim, because... there's too much red tape, we're all just too confused, and the defenses are not designed for what ever attack is coming.

[edit on 18-5-2006 by The Iconoclast] Must get skinnier fingers!

[edit on 18-5-2006 by The Iconoclast]

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join