It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Odd - I've found two big Swastikas in my city (Phoenix, AZ) with google earth!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murphs
Oh Lordy I am opting out..Until I find justifiable reasons as to why there are Nazi symbolisms in Phoenix. When there are more simple and reasonable explanations.

I'm not saying that I think you're totally wrong, and I'm not saying that I think there's a huge Nazi conspiracy going on in my city. The point that I'm arguing to you is that if there is a symbol there, it seems more obviously to be a Nazi symbol than a Hindu, Indian, Jamaican, or any other variation, no matter how "original." Since the buildings seem to have been built after WWII, it just feels like someone would have caught that. Personally, I think the building that redsuperman gave us coordinates too looks like a more convincing swastika than mine.

Actually I showed my Husband your GE image and says it is similar shape to the swastika but the buildings are not interconnecting (which I missed) and are therefore not Swastika shaped at all.
He thinks the most simple explanation is the architect was trying to cramb a lota lota building into a small space and it has to take into account existing utilities.

Couldn't they have just made 2 square buildings?

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
There may be more sensible and reasonable explinations but, IMO when I see this picture it strikes me as a Nazi symbol first. It's a matter of perspective I guess.

The area is actually Glendale, AZ. You can Google about the 900 lamposts they have around town with the same symbol on them. Caused quite a stir with the Jewish community a while back.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Herman

Oh Lordy I am opting out..Until I find justifiable reasons as to why there are Nazi symbolisms in Phoenix. When there are more simple and reasonable explanations.

I'm not saying that I think you're totally wrong, and I'm not saying that I think there's a huge Nazi conspiracy going on in my city. The point that I'm arguing to you is that if there is a symbol there, it seems more obviously to be a Nazi symbol than a Hindu, Indian, Jamaican, or any other variation, no matter how "original." Since the buildings seem to have been built after WWII, it just feels like someone would have caught that. Personally, I think the building that redsuperman gave us coordinates too looks like a more convincing swastika than mine.

Actually I showed my Husband your GE image and says it is similar shape to the swastika but the buildings are not interconnecting (which I missed) and are therefore not Swastika shaped at all.
He thinks the most simple explanation is the architect was trying to cramb a lota lota building into a small space and it has to take into account existing utilities.

Couldn't they have just made 2 square buildings?

I am not an architect and I ain't feeding into this paranoia

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I am not an architect and I ain't feeding into this paranoia

I'm not paranoid about anything. This is interesting to discuss.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I'm no architech myself but I think the main tone here is WHY this building was built in that shape rather than people being paranoid.
This forum is the breeding ground for discussion and I'd like to know only what the designers intention was.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaychael
There may be more sensible and reasonable explinations but, IMO when I see this picture it strikes me as a Nazi symbol first. It's a matter of perspective I guess.

The area is actually Glendale, AZ. You can Google about the 900 lamposts they have around town with the same symbol on them. Caused quite a stir with the Jewish community a while back.

I know it is Glendale because I googled..I know it is a suburb of Phoenix.
I can appreciate that it did cause quite a stir BUT the people of Glendale/Phoenix should step out of their insular, brainwashed baskets and embrace what is their's..
I said in a previous post about swastika's having a Native American influence..I explained about how a building had to remove it's decorative Swastika tiles.Navajo influenced. Because off WW2.
I am going to get told of for this: Get real!! In Phoenix the Nazi's aren't out to get you..They have no intention of making an impact or invasion on your city..They are all dead or too old!!
The same way I have Nazi symbolism all around me..Ogham and various other pagan faiths...Do I think someone is out to get me..No!!!!!!!!!!
Oh and if the Jewish people were offended by the symbols...They need a life. The Native Americans were there long before them..

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I don't recall any of us saying someone is out to get us. We're just interested in why the building was built the way it is. No need to go off in some tirade about how everyone here is paranoid. Save that for another thread.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I have just had a discussion with my husband..
There was the 1st Reich and 2nd Reich and then the 3rd Reich which Hitler believed would last a 1000 years.
So he used a symbol of renewal for the 3rd Reich.
This symbol was used in at least 3 cultures (Ogham, Native American and Hindu all meaning renewall)
There has been very, very few new ideas since the greeks traversed the world and embraced lots of new cultures.
Which is why a symbol brought to prominence in the 1930's has a signifance to at least today!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocknroll
As a technical illustrator who has worked with engineers and architects. It would be painfully difficult to design this building and not know you were building swastikas from the sky. All buildings being designed have the above, as well as side views (and more), in their blueprints. When these drawings are done they are seen by many eyes for approval. Whoever designed this building knew that from the air it would appear as a swastika, but from the ground when you passed it by, not a soul would notice. How it made it through the channels to be built is interesting. If I had been in a design firm building this, the nazi symbol would have been spotted right away and the design terminated, in good taste.

Something is weird here.....

Yea you guys keep saying that swastikas are ancient symblos blablabla everyone knows that... even the nazis knew that. They took that symbol and tilted it to give it new meaning. Also you say you can look at it all different angles, but this is obviously supposed to be at the angle we see it at... Why would u make a building tilted like that when all other buildings follow the regular north south east west grid pattern. Its a tilted Nazi swastika and they knew it when they built it.

If they wanted to conserve space OR make it look navajo they wouldnt build it at an angle. If they wanted to conserve space then why plant all those extra trees in extra space? If its navajo symbolism why tilt it to give a nazi impression?

Not saying the building is an evil lab but they definately knew they made it look nazi.

[edit on 15-1-2007 by Mushroom Fields Forever]

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   

If it is symbolic it is hardly nazi..Unless the Native Americans are neo-nazi's coming back to avenge their fore-fathers.

You just NEVER know!

'...with God all things are possible.'

On the page you linked us to, Murphs, there is a link to a whole slew of swastika usages: Wiki Linky

We must NOT let our symbols control us! If we control them we can change the world to something that no longer has recent memories of shared tragedy linked to any particular symbol.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

If it is symbolic it is hardly nazi..Unless the Native Americans are neo-nazi's coming back to avenge their fore-fathers.

You just NEVER know!

'...with God all things are possible.'

On the page you linked us to, Murphs, there is a link to a whole slew of swastika usages: Wiki Linky

We must NOT let our symbols control us! If we control them we can change the world to something that no longer has recent memories of shared tragedy linked to any particular symbol.

I suppose so..

See.....Not all of them are evil!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
When I look at the OP's pic I do see the similarity to all the symbols mentioned so far in this thread yes BUT. . .

1) The buildings are offset from eachother. That's the only way they would fit on the allowable footprint. No matter what angle they are at. They are more like four "L" shaped blocks that have been fit together like dominos. If they were aligned to be a Swastika they would not fit on the property.

2) At an @ 45 degree angle with respect to the street grid, and due north, none of the outer perimeters of the buildings are running parallel with the streets. If they are medical facilities then this could be for privacy reasons? Notice how all the outer perimeters of the buildings have abundant tree cover cloaking them from direct view. This would allow for blinds, etc. to be left open for sunlight, yet not expose the innerds of the buildings to the world. If they were put on a due north orientation, again, there would be no room for the trees to exist.

3) Possibly they are angled so that a greater percentage of the layout will receive sunlight during some portion of the day? Again, If they were aligned due north then some north faces would never get a glimpse of sunshine.

Just my $0.02

2PacSade-

spelling

[edit on 18-1-2007 by 2PacSade]

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Coranado bay naval base (Part of Mirmar, but the part where SEAL teams 1,3,5 train)in san diego is the military one you are thinking of. THe building is a housing unit located near the end of the panninsula that coranado sits on off the main air field/base.

This design is actually pretty common. Something about allowing the maximum surface area of the building exposed to sunlight around the year (for windows/interior lighting etc). Just makes the building more efficient.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2PacSade
When I look at the OP's pic I do see the similarity to all the symbols mentioned so far in this thread yes BUT. . .

1) The buildings are offset from eachother. That's the only way they would fit on the allowable footprint. No matter what angle they are at. They are more like four "L" shaped blocks that have been fit together like dominos. If they were aligned to be a Swastika they would not fit on the property.

2) At an @ 45 degree angle with respect to the street grid, and due north, none of the outer perimeters of the buildings are running parallel with the streets. If they are medical facilities then this could be for privacy reasons? Notice how all the outer perimeters of the buildings have abundant tree cover cloaking them from direct view. This would allow for blinds, etc. to be left open for sunlight, yet not expose the innerds of the buildings to the world. If they were put on a due north orientation, again, there would be no room for the trees to exist.

3) Possibly they are angled so that a greater percentage of the layout will receive sunlight during some portion of the day? Again, If they were aligned due north then some north faces would never get a glimpse of sunshine.

Just my $0.02

2PacSade-

spelling

[edit on 18-1-2007 by 2PacSade]

Well your $0.02 worth is the same as my husbands..LOL

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by d1k
These pics were posted before.

Supoosedly they are actually on a military base or have to do with the military or something. I wish I could remember exactly.

You're probably thinking of this one in San Diego.

Google Earth Nazi Symbol shaped building in U.S.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion
You're probably thinking of this one in San Diego.

You just found Atlantis! Check out that creepy cement ruin underneath!!

Seriously~

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
That's a pretty interesting find.

My take on it (being in the construction trades myself): some architectural firm designed those buildings and the site plan, and some town board reviewed the plans and granted the permits to build them. And you mean to tell me that nobody noticed the very distinct similarity between the design and layout of those buildings to the Nazi Swastika? I find that very hard to believe. I mean even the angle of the buildings as they sit on the site are just like the Nazi Swastika.
It would be very interesting to find out who owns those buildings, who put up the money to build them, who the firm was that designed them, etc., and do a little research on that.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
from the sky, there are others also which seem very interesting as well, Washington D.C. was designed with many of these types of symbols here's a link to a good site which is loaded with info on the general subject.

Link : tonysomers.50megs.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Herman
Make of this what you will - I find it incredibly odd.

-I also posted this on bts because I wasn't sure where it went.

I'm not sure who's property it's on, but there is a hospital right there, in the area, as well. Next time I am in the area, I'll drive past it.

That's right between The Garvin School of International Management
15249 North 59th Avenue
Glendale, AZ
www.thunderbird.edu...

and

Arizona State university - west campus
4701 W. Thunderbird Road
Glendale, AZ 85306
www.west.asu.edu...

You can see it here as well.

www.google.com...,+glendale,+az&ie=UTF8&z=14&ll=33.612189,-112.178307&spn=0.011794,0.066776&t=k&om=0

[edit on 22-1-2007 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Desert Schools Federal Credit Union, ( DSFCU ), is due west of the two buildings. It is very easy to identify by the drive up windows & lanes.

I have contacted the loan officer for the 5690 W. Thunderbird location & asked her for some background information or someone to contact. ( I thought that because it was a lending institution that they may be able to help with property identification & history. ) If & when I hear back from her I will pass along the information. . .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join