It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar X-Class Flare in progress...again..

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 06:36 AM
link   
MEGA FLARE!!!!!!!!!!

UNPRESIDENTED MEGA FLARE HAS JUST OCCURED!!

Check out the above link for more details!!!!!

This is nuts folks!!!!!!!

[Edited on 10-28-2003 by CPYKOmega]

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 07:36 AM
link   
www.spacew.com

BIGGEST FLARE RECORED WAS 14.4X Flare and this one is a 18X FLARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest Geomagnetic and Auroral Activity Conditions

** ALERT -- EXCEPTIONAL X18 FLARE **
See below.

Updated: 12:30 UTC 28 October (7:30 am EDT, 28 October):

Solar Activity Update

An exceptionally intense class X18 solar x-ray flare has been observed from Region 486. It has produced a prompt high-energy proton event in space and is associated with a strong full-halo coronal mass ejection (directed heavily Earthward). This solar flare ranks as one of the largest of this solar cycle. It will produce a potentially strong impact at the Earth within 48 hours or less. The predicted arrival time has not yet been computed. Additional data and analysis are first necessary. Please allow us several hours to update our CME impact prediction web page.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
www.spacew.com

BIGGEST FLARE RECORED WAS 14.4X Flare and this one is a 18X FLARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See below.

Solar Activity Update

An exceptionally intense class X18 solar x-ray flare has been observed from Region 486. It has produced a prompt high-energy proton event in space and is associated with a strong full-halo coronal mass ejection (directed heavily Earthward). This solar flare ranks as one of the largest of this solar cycle. It will produce a potentially strong impact at the Earth within 48 hours or less. The predicted arrival time has not yet been computed. Additional data and analysis are first necessary. Please allow us several hours to update our CME impact prediction web page.

uh huh and do some of you believe that somehow us puny humans have something to do with this or not? (i notice a haarp link so i have to ask)

this thread seems a bit more alarmist than informing. if something is going to happen we cant stop it and panicing wont do any good.

if anyone thinks that we can make the sun do this please stop breathing, you're stealing precious oxygen the rest of us need.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 09:14 AM
link   
WOW!!! Mega-flare and it's coming right for us!!

www.spaceweather.com...

www.n3kl.org...

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 09:30 AM
link   

uh huh and do some of you believe that somehow us puny humans have something to do with this or not? (i notice a haarp link so i have to ask)

this thread seems a bit more alarmist than informing. if something is going to happen we cant stop it and panicing wont do any good.

if anyone thinks that we can make the sun do this please stop breathing, you're stealing precious oxygen the rest of us need.

I cited the HAARP mags because they're actually designed to detect chages in the geomagnetics of the planet.

I don't think anyone is panicing, some of us just find this fascinating.

[Edited on 28-10-2003 by kukla]

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by kukla

I cited the HAARP mags because they're actually designed to detect chages in the geomagnetics of the planet.

cool but there are SOME on this board who freak out over the smallest thing and blow things out of proportion and try to make it look like some evil secret society did it.

maybe i've seen one too many freemason/NWO/illuminati threads

fascinating? not exactly but it is interesting to an extent.

i'm morbidly curious if it'll really do anything substantial and if so what and how long will any effects last (if there are any)

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by kukla

LOL I didn't say that the CLOWN man did!

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Well what a conundrum...how'd that slip in there..?

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey

www.spacew.com

See below.

Solar Activity Update

how about try X20 as the largest solar flare ever recorded.

see here: SOHO

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by deafence#

how about try X20 as the largest solar flare ever recorded.

see here: SOHO

True it was reclassified as an X20 but it was not directly towards Earth as this one is DIRECTLY headed in our direction

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 09:32 PM
link   
another thought. do you think that any alien crafts will steer clear of earth for the duration of the storm, as i imagine their equipment may be more sensitive to this kinda stuff that ours. or maybe they are resistant to it? just a thought.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by deafence#
another thought. do you think that any alien crafts will steer clear of earth for the duration of the storm, as i imagine their equipment may be more sensitive to this kinda stuff that ours. or maybe they are resistant to it? just a thought.

If anything, they probably know how to harvest the IMMENSE amound of energy that was released.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 09:36 PM
link   
hmmm....never thought of that.... i stand corrected.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 09:36 PM
link   
We have dealt with worse flares before. There is no need to panic as nothing drastic will happen... just be excited for a spectacular aurora borealous

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Hey, thanks for the heads up. I guess my GPS work is on hold for today. Thats survey grade stuff is touchy and when something like this happens, its not worth making the trip to watch it "seach for sats" all damn day. I've noticed a lot of ineterference on my am radio this morning already.

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 09:22 AM
link   
The third largest flare in recorded history is supposed to hit later today. X-18

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 09:35 AM
link   
It arrived a little earlier than expected today..

www.n3kl.org...

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Another X class just errupted. That's five and counting..

www.n3kl.org...

Sunspot 486 is a MONSTER now..

www.spaceweather.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 12:44 PM
link   
There is a Scarry pattern here
Hope things settle down

Watch HAARP go nuts

set plot width to 1 month
set scale to 1000nT

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 02:53 PM
link   
do you guys think these flares affect our dna recombination or decombination?
just a thought a question for any resident scholars on the subject...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join