It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If There's A Devil He Would Create Religon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I was thinking if there is such a thing as the devil what better way to create a horrible evil world than encouraging religion. He could cause unlimited pain, death, detruction and war all through people following their religion and fighting against people of other religions. This then begs the question if there is an evil force such as the devil did he simply create religion so we would all carry out his wishes while thinking we were doing the oppisite? I remember a quote on a TV programme about religion which kind of fits this idea and that is: If there was no religion there would be good and evil people but it takes relgion to make a good person evil.
Sorry if this has offended anyone as this was not my intension. I have just been thinking about this for a while and wondered what others think.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   
If There's A Devil He Would Create Religon

Yeah it's called The Church of Satan lol.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Religion is made by man, hence it's imperfect.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Ohhhhhhh that's a GOOD question!

Yes there is a devil. I have no question about it.
And I have no doubt that he has started many 'religions'.
The worship of the secular. The worship of money.
The worship of sex. He has introduced PRIDE into
Christian sects so that certain groups believe that
only they are good enough to go to heaven - thus
he destroys what starts out as worship of God.

I believe that secular humanism is a religion and I
believe it's the devil's religion. I know that society
says it isn't a religion. But I believe it is.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 08:15 AM
link   
What's secular humanism? forgive my ignorance...

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 04:54 AM
link   
My Opinion,
The devil would/has created and/or infiltrated many religions, cults and sects. He certainly would not leave such a large part of human culture free of deception and his satanic influence.
If a human can ask the question then there's no doubt the devil has already considered it and acted according to his evil nature.
An avenue where he could control the beliefs of a huge portion of humanity. I don't see how he could possibly resist such an opportunity.
The devils M.O. is deception. Black masquerading as white.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I agree with mac about the "If there is a devil"....
ITs all man made....... hence ......will be what its
creator wants it to be. Kinda like clay for your mind....lol

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Secular humanism is nonreligious pursuit of worldly goals

see: rennaisance

so maybe social studies class is of some use.... teacher still grades unfairly... its socialstudies not art... jeez...

If there was a god he'd create organized religion. When ever power exist it will always clash with another power.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   
well the KJV has 666 versus

it promised of satan/antichrist etc

and if a well versed chap trys to teach some of the truth now it may just become a universal religion. We're doomed!

However if indeed you agree with the factor of chaos before form than it would be as if each living thing that carries a soul would be the godhead just drunk. When one taps into paranormal/psychic ability it is with in us hence we use mediums weather it is aliens,demons,golems,smurfs whatever. Cause if you realized your trueself you would see you are possible of anything. However this says God is false. So what do we believe...................?

So back to duality if I am correct you see you need an Antichrist to push you to sides. As we evolve and climb this tower we call babel it is by far the only way to continue duality without the chaos as once was. You dig?

So the antichrist a dirty job b ut someone has to do it.

And this is saying heaven and hell does not yet exsist since there will be a final judgement.

I'm friggin lost .... see ya on the 9th of av!

Originally posted by Phil123
I was thinking if there is such a thing as the devil what better way to create a horrible evil world than encouraging religion. He could cause unlimited pain, death, detruction and war all through people following their religion and fighting against people of other religions. This then begs the question if there is an evil force such as the devil did he simply create religion so we would all carry out his wishes while thinking we were doing the oppisite? I remember a quote on a TV programme about religion which kind of fits this idea and that is: If there was no religion there would be good and evil people but it takes relgion to make a good person evil.
Sorry if this has offended anyone as this was not my intension. I have just been thinking about this for a while and wondered what others think.

posted on May, 28 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   
It does make people evil but requires an evil catalyst. Also religion is just explanation for the unexplainable but as the religious organization gains power it becomes corrupt (power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely) and now the religion loses its true followers and it is just another distinction that people think merits persecution of others. Anyway evil prevails when good people act, not when they fail to do so. Good people cause evil just as much as evil people. Say a man is arrested for robbery/theft, that man has children whos mother has died and they were the reason for the crime. They are then passed from foster home to foster home and run away one day and become delinquents. See how something good can cause something evil. It doesn't even have to be a mistake. You could do everything right but there will always be some evil. There is no way to stamp out evil. Only to reduce it and prevent it from happening in large portions (see: genocide, holocaust, crusades) Evil will always exist. As will pain, disease, wounds, heartbrokenness, and oppressive governments. The best you can do is be virtueous and try to help people who are in circumstances that would drive them to violence. Everyone feels some type of pain at some point in their life, pain is what drives evil, be it physical or emotional... heck even boredom with life. Things will be the way there are. The only thing you can count on is yourself and your own morals.

new topics

top topics

join