It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I-26 Spill Today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I was walking by the television this evening during the eleven o'clock news and I heard something about a chemical spill on I-26 today which had shut down the interstate. I wasn't paying it much attention until I heard the local news caster say the chemical which had spilled was a tanker full of '___'?!? on the way to Eastman Kodak. I wasn't sure I had heard her correctly so I got on the net and looked but their site doesn't mention what chemical it was or where it was going. Did anybody else here happen to catch the eleven o'clock WLOS news or any other that mentions what chemical was spilled as I want to make sure I heard it right.
They were spraying some kind of foam on it and putting into barrels but they also mentioned an explosion hazard, so it might not have been '___', but if it was indeed '___' what the hell does Eastman Kodak do with that stuff?
Also the articles have all been changed since the last time I looked at them as well...

Source
Chemical Leak On I-26 Backs Up Traffic
A potentially explosive chemical leak blocks Interstate 26 in Polk County between milemarkers 59 and 63 for more than four hours.

The truck hauling an industrial chemical began leaking it this morning on the steep mountain grade between Columbus and Saluda.

That backed up traffic for miles on several mountain highways.

Rescue workers say no one, including the driver was hurt in the incident which happened around 11:30 this morning.

They say the highway was closed because of potentially toxic vapor coming from the truck and the explosion it could touch off.

(posted 5:40 pm, 05/15/06)

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

"potentially toxic vapor coming from the truck and the explosion it could touch off."
Huh?
Sounds a hastily construed expository sentence to me.

Chemical spill backs up traffic on I-26
Accident closes I-26 in Polk County

I-26 is kinda scary...
www.nirs.org...
My mom and I got behind a "Hittman" transport once and I got some cool pictures of it on the way by...

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Hmmm, wonder if it is a cover up....but for what is the question really.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Thats not far from my College at all, around 80 miles or something, I take I-26 to I-85 to get home from there. If the chemical in question was toxic or volitile in any way it justifies shutting down the interstate due to the hazards to drivers. I dont smell a cover up here at all, just a news story.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I never did find anything else on it, but I'm almost certain they said it was '___', and if that's the case it gives me the willies that there was a truckload of the most potent hallucinagen known to man headed for Eastman Kodak. What does Kodak do with '___'?

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Those pictures you took of the Hittman tractor trailer. I am curious as to whether you have any idea what they are transporting?

Look carefully at the wheels of the tractor trailer. Then look at the bed of the trailer itself. It is a swayback type of trailer with very heavy and solid steel construction. The wheels are six pairs in the back. Twelve tires on the rear end..very heavy construction. THere also appears to be twelve wheels on the front end too just before the two single wheels used for steering at the very front of the tractor.

This means that this tractor trailer design is designed for hauling very heavy loads. I think this kind of driver is specially trained and qualified for this kind of cargo.

Just curious as to whether you have any idea what they are hauling?

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Well, since the trailer is marked "EMPTY" and the hazmat diamond is covered, I would assume they are carrying an empty container. Dunno, though. I could be wrong...

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Deep ..very deep...CrazySanMan.

I find this kind of trailar and tractor on the loading ramp at my local Wally world all the time.

This is a hermetically sealed container mounted on a very heavily constructed trailer.

Notice the trunbuckles vertically all around the container.

Then the turnbuckles used in fastening the container to the trailer.
The six double wheeled set up on the trailer tells you it is a extra heavy duty set up. I doubt that they allow retread tires on this kind of set up.

This is a specialized set up far beyond ...say ..a container from a Sea Land containerized cargo tractor trailer set up.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Yeah, it's made to cary something nasty alright.

A quick Google search of "hittman trailer" shows that the company hauls low-level radioactive materials for the government.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
The USA # shows it is a resgistered Nuclear Transport.

www.rampac.com...www.rampac.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I'm still baffled by this old thread, why would anyone, Eastman Kodak especially, need with a truckload of '___'? I wasn't able to confirm the nature of the spill after alot of digging, but I'm 99% sure the local newscaster said '___', and the story was changed immediately afterwards and the chemical itself was just refered to after that as 'dangerous'. Maybe I just misheard but then again, maybe this is the Acacia Juice supply line for the local hobnoobers lodges?

Either way, there's some creepy stuff hauling around on that stretch of highway.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Well think about it really.

Who wouldn't want a truckload of '___'???

Glad for the link to the pdf of the book, I've been wanting to read it having had two natural occuring experiences of the chemical. At least they fit the critieria and that is what I believe the explanation to have been.

top topics

join