It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA doing tsunami drill. connected to the comet?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
"Pacific Peril" - 3 Day Multi-State Tsunami Exercise Begins 23 May, 2006
www.fema.gov...

now eric julien who put up the site www.savelivesinmay.com... says a fragment of the comet Schwassmann-Waschman 7 will impact and cause a tsunami around may 25th.

so the government probably knows its may 23rd and are doing this tsunami drill then to tie up any response effort and allow it to cause maximum damage (as was done with 9/11 and the drill then)

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I would say the more likely case is due to the mess up with Katrina and they are not wanting to go through that again. And if this past season proved, the number of tropical storms and hurricanes and strengths are getting worst, combined with the pacific being in the ring of fire, the chances of another large diseaster where water is involved has increased. But will double check the findings and see what is up.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by joepits
now eric julien who put up the site www.savelivesinmay.com... says a fragment of the comet Schwassmann-Waschman 7 will impact and cause a tsunami around may 25th.

To put it simply, that guy is a moron. To see how wrong he is, check out these two threads:

Earth to have close brush with comet
73p/schwassmann-wachmann 3

so the government probably knows its may 23rd and are doing this tsunami drill then to tie up any response effort and allow it to cause maximum damage (as was done with 9/11 and the drill then)

Well, if there were a tsunami, then those in the drill would no doubt die as well. And if there were, I doubt it would come from the comet, but from an eruption of the La Palma Volcano.

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
And if this past season proved, the number of tropical storms and hurricanes and strengths are getting worst, combined with the pacific being in the ring of fire, the chances of another large diseaster where water is involved has increased.

You do know that hurricans actually go through cycles of intensity, right? It's about every 33 years. I wish I could find this list that I used to have a link to. I'll do some digging and try and find it, so you can see what I'm talking about.

Also, every year new volcanoes become active while other ones settle down, and every year people scream bloody murder about the news ones going to have world-wide, devastating impacts. Have any of them destroyed the world yet? Nope! So what makes you think this year will be any different as far as vocanism goes?

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 11:40 PM
link   
the above poster assumes that NASA is providing us with honest data.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Not just NASA, but the ESA, JAXA, MASA, etc... Not to mention the millions of people, both amateur to professional, who are watching this thing. People, like those in the International Occultation Timing Association would sure as hell be able to calculate its orbit and say, "Umm... Guys, we've got a problem here." No way the powers that be could shut up everyone.

[edit on 5/16/2006 by cmdrkeenkid]

top topics

join