It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fire from Water, The Hydrogen Fireplace

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
While probably not the most efficient way to heat your home.
The Aqueon Fireplace is, in my opinion, a step in the right direction.

It demonstrates Hydrogen as a clean burning fuel, that can be manufactured ON-THE-SPOT, for low level usage.

It's a free standing device, almost like a sculpture, that allows for a 360 degree view of the fire. And because hydrogen is the fuel, the only exhaust is water! So there are no heat losses through venting, or a chimney.

Yes, there is a cost, 35,000 bucks(!) for the fireplace, and of course the cost to split the water into it's components, 2 H's and an O. Which are recombined immediately at the flame.

Take a look at the Website here:

Aqueon

[edit on 15-5-2006 by spacedoubt]

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I've been reading about HHO technology here lately. It's very interesting. And this Aqueon Fireplace is cool. All of these steps are in the right direction.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   
And the technology is actually SO simple. At least in this case, because it's create, and burn as you go. No storage required. A few well placed Solar panels could even partially offset the cost of electricity.

Our homes may be the first, and the easiest of places to popularize hydrogen as a fuel.

Now, for the cars..what do we do about the cars?

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Now, for the cars..what do we do about the cars?

I'm workin on that one at the moment.....

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Beer Guy
Working on it?

Does this involve shaking up the car first?
Then opening a valve...beer_guy?
What about the Foam on the freeways?

What did you think of the fireplace?

MBF

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   
All this is ia a DC welder with a container of water. It sounds like somebody is going to make a killing. I'll sell make and sell you one for half of the $35,000.

Sounds like a verrrrry expensive way to heat a house.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Go for it!

I know what it is.
Make one, show me that it works. And it's up to UL standards.
Send me a video of it working..Along with the whole sculptural work..
Then, I will make you an offer! I do have the money.
And, If I don't buy it, someone else will at such a cheap price..

If you have the talent, you should be making a killing by now.

I'll wait for the video of your work.

[edit on 15-5-2006 by spacedoubt]

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 05:41 AM
link   
If you are going to make one make one slicker than the one spacedoubt linked. I want a combination waterfall/fireplace. Make it to where you get the mixture and reaction such that once the flame burns part of the HHO converts back to water and cascades down a little waterfall underneath the flame. Then you would make the appearance of a waterfall that is burning at the top.

THAT would be ultra cool.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 06:06 AM
link   

What did you think of the fireplace?

I ran across the fireplace in my hydrogen research. It's all just for looks, it's not a practical way to heat your home..... yet.

When someone develops a practical way to split water "on the fly" to run a car, then it will be a practical way to heat your home.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Nice,

Now you have two orders MBF...I like the waterfall idea..Put a waterwheel generator in there, and you have a perpetual motion machine..

I wanted you to know that I understand this is expensive, and really is a simple concept.
but what they've done here is show proof of concept. And they built it into a thing of beauty. They've even sold a number of units. The price has come down from 50,000 to
True, it's all for show, but it gets others thinking. "how can you split the water more cheaply?". That would be the key.

31,000 BTU's/hour on 1/2 gallon of water. at 220 Volts..They are requiring a 60 amp circuit, but I don't know what the current draw is...I'll see if I can find out, and will post back in here..

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I'm currently working off of this document.
Having a little trouble with figuring out how to amplitude modulate a frequency, but I'm getting there. Some ATS members helped me out with a few links.
I really believe in this technology, and I'm hoping that I'm headed in the right direction, but who knows?
I'd like input on the document if anyone cares to peruse it.
I give all of my info freely, if I can make it work, everyone will have it.
I don't mean to hijack your topic, I just figured that people that "know or care" would be reading here.
Thanks!

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I think it would be better if we use a Carbon Based Hydrogen fuel instead of a pure H2 solution, because in some cases, there will be times when you want to store some of the fuel for a while. I'm not sure if any of you people have seen this yet, as I've posted this around the forums quite a few times, but here it is again.

jlnlabs.imars.com...

www.blazelabs.com...

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Sweetness! It would be absolutely awesome if these were all put into houses and a device was set up to recollect the water vapor, cool it, and put it into a tank. Instant evil! Put all that sea water to good use. Electrolyze, burn, drink. Rinse and repeat!

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Beer_guy,

Nah, I don't think you hijacked the thread.
It's really about Hydrogen as fuel..I just wanted to show a consumer available product.
(rich consumer, that is LOL).
I had some formal education in the communications field of electronics, and can still read schematics, but it was years ago. I'll read through those documents you linked.

Sardion, thanks for those links..I'll have to read and digest those..!

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Here is the chemicals and the quantities found within aquafuel.

Hydrogen 46.483 %
Carbon Dioxide 9.329
Ethylene 0.049
Ethane 0.005
Acetylene 0.616
Oxygen 1.164
Nitrogen 3.818
Methane 0.181
Carbon Monoxide 38.370
Total 100.015

True, it's all for show, but it gets others thinking. "how can you split the water more cheaply?". That would be the key.

There was a breakthrough a few months back that cut the temperature demand in half, though how much energy that translates eludes me, as does the article. It had to do with a type of Nanotube used in the electrolysis process somehow. Something to do with Tubes with jagged edges is all I remember.

[edit on 17-5-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   

top topics

join