It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA Whistleblower To Expose More Unlawful Activity!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   
according to this report there is going to be more information coming forth on the NSA and the national eavesdropping that is going on maybe some more information on ECHELON this thing is really getting quite alarming my wife wants me to stay off ATS she thinks that spy's are here too

I think ATS is under the radar so to speak but as this site grows more popular it makes you wonder anyway here's the links for both the whistleblower & ECHELON the ECHELON peice is long and detailed so be prepared to read awhile

thinkprogress.org...

home.hiwaay.net...

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
ECHELON is actually a vast network of electronic spy stations located around the world and maintained by five countries: the US, England, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.

Canada's in on the spying program too?! Noooooo!!!!! I thought my country was better than that.

I bet there is even more to the spying and eavesdropping than the powers that be admit to. They're really into shady business.

So your wife's even worried about ATS being monitored? I don't know, isn't this sight a little irrelevant to the authorities? I mean I don't think we pose any real threat to them. Then again I guess you never really know. But if they really are here watching us we can give them a peice of our minds
. Seriously they can see exactly what we think of them. But what would be their purpose of spying on this sight?

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   
yes it's true proud canadian your country's on the list too it seems that one is out of the reach of the NWO clutches....next stop, global police state...sad but true, we all need to take a real hard look at the way that this plan is going to affect us. i dont want to seem like a (sky is falling) type of guy, but after watching some of david icke's video's it is very likely that we are being set up for a one world government that has all the signs of an extreame domination

In the greatest surveillance effort ever established, the US National Security Agency (NSA) has created a global spy system, codename ECHELON, which captures and analyzes virtually every phone call, fax, email and telex message sent anywhere in the world. ECHELON is controlled by the NSA and is operated in conjunction with the Government Communications Head Quarters (GCHQ) of England, the Communications Security Establishment (CSE) of Canada, the Australian Defense Security Directorate (DSD), and the General Communications Security Bureau (GCSB) of New Zealand. These organizations are bound together under a secret 1948 agreement, UKUSA, whose terms and text remain under wraps even today.

[edit on 16-5-2006 by the_sentinal]

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudCanadian

But what would be their purpose of spying on this sight?

Maybe they're looking for ideas or the viewpoints of all of us who say it like they see it.

I'm afraid I may need to get a drink before I come up with any more ideas tonight though.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I'm all for fighting back! They're going to take away all our freedoms so we really have nothing to lose.

I've heard that former Canadian Prime Ministers Peirr Trudeau (however you spell it) and Brian Mulroney were diectly involved in the NWO. I wonder if any other more current Canadian leaders are, like Jean Chretien, Paul Martin, or Stephen Harper
. Well for sure Stephen Harper is mini Bush. That's why our troops are in Afghanistan right now.

[edit on 16-5-2006 by ProudCanadian]

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I doubt anything bad will come of ATS, spies, feds and other DoD creepies or not.
This is really only the beginning, and should make what is known look like cake sprinkles on the topping.

Almost forgot to say, what happened to the whistleblower protection and open door policy?

I support the whistle, and feel they shouldn't have a policy, only turn against those who the policy was formed for. This isn't treason, it's speaking up and out about the wrongs.

[edit on 16-5-2006 by ADVISOR]

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   
resistance is futile, the beast has grown to an unmanagable size and scope we would have better luck finding a three legged ballarina than to fight against such a system. it's my guess that this is why all this information is starting to come out now because it's so very late in the game to be thinking of fighting back now...

It should hardly be surprising that ECHELON ends up being used by elected and bureaucratic officials to their political advantage or by the intelligence agencies themselves for the purpose of sustaining their privileged surveillance powers and bloated budgets. The availability of such invasive technology practically begs for abuse, although it does not justify its use to those ends. But what is most frightening is the targeting of such “subversives” as those who expose corrupt government activity, protect human rights from government encroachments, challenge corporate polluters, or promote the gospel of Christ. That the vast intelligence powers of the United States should be arrayed against legitimate and peaceful organizations is demonstrative not of the desire to monitor, but of the desire to control.

game, set , match

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR

I support the whistle, and feel they shouldn't have a policy, only turn against those who the policy was formed for. This isn't treason, it's speaking up and out about the wrongs.

[edit on 16-5-2006 by ADVISOR]

the wrong's have yet to be disclosed whatever they may be, i fear the worst but as far as ATS goes, people with unique ideas on how to best deal with the kinds of problems this kind of government eavesdropping is presenting would stick out as a target to anyone who might be watching ATS......

With the rapid erosion of the Soviet Empire in the early 1990s, Western intelligence agencies were anxious to redefine their mission to justify the scope of their global surveillance system. Some of the agencies’ closest corporate friends quickly gave them an option – commercial espionage. By redefining the term “national security” to include spying on foreign competitors of prominent US corporations, the signals intelligence game has gotten ugly. And it very well may have prompted the recent scrutiny by the European Union that ECHELON has endured

we are even dealing with commercial spying with this system!!

p.s. i also support the whistle he's a brave man in the face of such an explosive situation i dont envy his days ahead !

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudCanadian
I'm all for fighting back! They're going to take away all our freedoms so we really have nothing to lose.

[edit on 16-5-2006 by ProudCanadian]

careful there cowboy, these guys are playing hardball, you keep talking like that and youll eventually notice a black sedan parked outside your home with tinted windows

What began as a noble alliance to contain and defeat the forces of communism has turned into a carte blanche to disregard the rights and liberties of the American people and the population of the free world. As has been demonstrated time and again, the NSA has been persistent in subverting not just the intent of the law in regards to the prohibition of domestic spying, but the letter as well. The laws that were created to constrain the intelligence agencies from infringing on our liberties are frequently flaunted, re-interpreted and revised according to the bidding and wishes of political spymasters in Washington D.C. Old habits die hard, it seems.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 05:22 AM
link   
SO, if you see a Black Sedan, you will know there really isnt any terrorism out there to worry about. Otherwise, they'd be doing something real constructive.
Instead of wasting their time looking at posts from kids, housewives, fathers, etc.

Did i just go too far??

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Did i just go too far??

thats up to the NSA to determine in some shmuck's opinion you might have gone to far and now your on an enemy combatant list and deemed an enemy of the state (world state). sound far fetched?? my mother came to this country when she was 20 years old from germany the russians forced my family out of hungary during the 2nd world war, she still remembers the jews being carted off to the camps. she'll never forget the smell of burning humans coming from the camps, she tells me to this day that things can change in a country very quickly. maybe i am a little paranoid but with stories like that told by my relatives it's no wonder.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
There is a big difference between whistleblowing and leaking classified information.

Whereas I support whistleblowers, leaking classifed information which could potentially subvert our national security should be dealt with harshly.

The media notifiaction of the NSA momitoring certain incoming calls from hostile countries/people was not whistleblowing.........that was leaking classified information.....

The media notification of WOT detention centers in other allied countries was not whistleblowing.......that was leaking classifed information.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2
There is a big difference between whistleblowing and leaking classified information.

Whereas I support whistleblowers, leaking classifed information which could potentially subvert our national security should be dealt with harshly.

how can you call it possible subversion if the information has not come out yet or do you know something that we do not, please enlighten us

new topics

top topics

join