It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mothman and maybe a new insight to what they are

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The Shawnee Indians did not tread in some parts of Point Pleasant in fear of evil spirits. Plus, the TNT Area was built over an indian grave mound or something, which is quite interesting.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

I grew up about 20 miles from the TNT area and the Mothman. I've been to the TNT area about 20yrs ago with 3 of my buddies. Needless to say we didn't see Mothman but some of those concrete domes the government used for ammo storage were opened and some were still locked up. We went into quite a few of the ones that were opened and we saw bones of animals and writing on the inside of some of the domes. Satanic writing and symbols and stuff like that. Not sure if it's a gathering place for Satanists or what but that was a little spooky. When you go inside the domes and talk just the shape of the dome causes your voice to really echo. I backed my old car up and popped the hatch and cranked the stereo while inside the dome and it echoes so much you couldn't even tell what song was playing.

My parents still live in that area and I've wanted to go back but just haven't found the time to do it. I am gonna go back soon tho.

TOny

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I sometimes wonder if Mothman was in fact a manifestation of the human mind. I do believe in premonitions, and I believe it is a God given foresight into future incidents, that may be given to the affected parties. I wonder however if this prophetic insight into the disaster somehow lead to a manifested creature, as the result of the extremely negative mindset prevalent amongst the concetrated populace.

I remember on C2C AM with Art Bell they did a thought experiment one time. I do not remember the exact date, but Texas had been through a serious drought. Art Bell wanted to attempt an experiment into the human mind's ability to manifest realities. He told everyone to pray, think, or picture rain in Texas. He went on with this for a few minutes, and then continued the show as normal. You have to remember that this radio program has one of the highest number of listeners of any current radio broadcast, at around 5 million listeners as of a year ago.

NOW, here comes the wild part, not even a day later Texas was hit by a torrent of rain. It rained so hard for so long that they were hit by Flooding over the entire dought stricken region. Entire towns were inundated, rivers overflowed their banks, and the drought quickly became a past relic.

Some might say it was simply a coincidence, or even an experiment manipulated by meteorlogical knowledge. However, if anyone had the proper knowledge of meteorlogical forecasts during that period of time, they would have bet the bank against Art Bell. There was NO, repeat NO precip. forcasted for even the next 7 days, let alone the next 24 Hours.

It just goes to show that the human mind is possibly far more powerful that we could have ever "imagined".

new topics

<< 1   >>

join