It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WELCOME Dave Rabbit and the new Radio First Termer Forum.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I wanted to take a minute and offer a very sincere WELCOME to a genuine "Underground Legend" straight out of the American Experience of the 1960's and, more importantly, TODAY.

Dave is new at this internet forum game so we need to cut him LOTS of SLACK while he gets his feet firmly planted on the digital terrain. Dave Rabbit is also the REAL DEAL this guy was there, in Saigon at a whore house trying to cheer his brother and sister GIs up with good music and comedy that they could relate to.

There was/is NOTHING phony about Dave Rabbit. Over the past month or two I've gotten to know Dave through hundreds of emails (he is a prolific writer
) that we've exchanged. I came away with a sense that this guy really does care about his fellowman and he isn't afraid to let anyone know exactly what he thinks.

It's going to be a unique experience for Dave and for the Members of ATS as well. Dave is going to see what the "D-Ego" is capable of in others and probably himself too. The Members of ATS are going to be able to "get to know" a person who has first hand knowledge of one of the biggest "Government Cover Ups" in history that is still alive and well today.

Dave Rabbit was there, with the group of thousands upon thousands of young Americans serving in the Armed Forces who were opposed to the Viet Nam war. Dave knows what happened... He lived it. He didn't "hear about this" or read about it, he was there.

I ask our members to observe our T.A.C. and follow the simple edicts of civility and good manners we practice on all AboveTopSecret.com fora and take advantage of this incredible opportunity to interact with a Legend who has found his "Virtual Voice"

On top of all the above, Dave is in contact with today's young Americans who are serving in the wars we are currently involved in. We are looking forward to giving these young people a venue (ATS) Dave and his generation could only have dreamed of.

Thanks to Dave we will be able to converse with the fine men and women who are doing the job. They will be able to converse with "The World" and get "their side" heard.

This is going to be a heck of a ride so tune in daily to FM69...

Springer...
Partner,
AboveTopSecret.com, LLP

Springer...

[edit on 7-28-2006 by Springer]

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS Dave

I hope you enjoy being part of this huge community.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I had the pleasure of 'meeting' Dave earlier today, and I have no doubt that he will be able to handle himself quite well. He doesn't sound like a guy that is going to take much crap from anyone.

Welcome to ATS, Dave!

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Greetings and welcome to ATS, Mr. Dave Rabbit.

seekerof

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   
By all means, much of my support has been expressed already, and I still stand by it too.

Yes, Springer mentions a very important aspect. Watch em Rabbit, watch them.
By the way Dave, good job and keep up the outstanding work.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
A very gracious and passionate welcome, Springer! Dave--glad you're here! This forum is a great idea. I have to pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS, Dave Rabbit.

As a 59 year old Canadian, I am pleased to learn about yet another aspect of Viet Nam that I was unaware of. Belatedly, thanks for that. Your perspective on Iraq should make interesting reading.

As you probably know, Canada has just recently announced an extension to their commitment in Afghanistan (2 more years) as well as some hints to future action in Darfur.

I'll be following your posts for relevant insights as the months go by.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Wow, Dave, welcome

I first saw your posts in this thread:www.abovetopsecret.com...

Little did I know you would soon become an ATS celebrity. Enjoy your time here.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS! Are you going to start podcasting here, like you used to broadcast? That'd be fascinating.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Thanks for asking....

We, with the permissions of Springer and the partners, will be uploading Radio First Termer Iraq here at ATS to be sent to the troops in Iraq. We are also going to be sending the signal, via the worldwide shortwave community (pirate radio broadcasters). We now have several troops in Iraq, who we are going to ship CD's to for them to distribute.

Once RFT-Iraq gets put to bed..... and it has been a marathon putting together an ultimate 3 hour package... I do plan on doing a weekly podcast which will be heard exclusively here on ATS. Of course, most of it will be in sign language as Springer won't allow me to say the F word on ATS
!

Seriously though, we will do Pod shows through ATS once we get the Iraq project done, distributed and we have rested a bit.

Thanks so much for your comments.

Dave

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Welcome, Dave!

I look forward to your posts and podcasts. This is an interesting aspect of Vietnam that I was always fascinated by during my academic studies in history.

The RTF-Iraq sounds very interesting. Can't wait to hear.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I first heard about you from a Vet who was posting on a "conspiracy theory" BBS back in 1986/87 or so. The info was incomplete then... it's now fascinating to get the full picture, and am looking forward to more.

Let me know if you need help with the podcasts... I'm the lunatic that cooked that whole thing up here on ATS.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
(In The Voice Of Darth Vader)

Yes, My Master!

The number one guy, the top tomato, the big cheese .... wow... an honor!

I'm COUNTING on the RFT-Iraq UPLOAD here at ATS. With the sheer NUMBERS of ATS enthusiast (and a few PIA's..... aka... PAIN IN THE A
) the show would have the possibility of getting to IRAQ much quicker and more widespread than anything we had hoped to do before. The show is a labor of love... and we have gotten back tremendous feedback ... ALL POSITIVE.... on an 11 minute thing we did and sent out for FIRST HAND TROOP critique. The show will have an even more REALISTIC IRAQ tone as some of the troops have contributed numerous bits of IRAQ FLAVOR to add to what we had already contrived.

Anyway Boss... thanks to you, Springer and the other partner for making me a part of ATS. When I first came across this site back on February 9, 2006.... I was so overwhelmed. This place is the PERFECT HOME for Radio First Termer..... and we are proud to be associated with YOU and the rest of the GREAT ATS FAMILY! We are especially proud that ATS is the OFFICIAL FORUM for Radio First Termer.

Thanks again for making me feel AT HOME!

Dave

[edit on 5/16/2006 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Welcome to ats, Dave Rabbit!

Heroic Actions On The Battlefield

Glowworm, all guns firing and siren wailing like a banshee, tore into the Hipper's starboard side.

As she slipped under, her siren which had been going all through the action, abruptly stopped causing a momentary eerie silence.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Sounds awesome! When do we start airdropping cassette recordsing of it over Baghdad!

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS Dave Rabbit

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dave Rabbit

Of course, most of it will be in sign language as Springer won't allow me to say the F word on ATS
!

Dave

Not so with Podcasts my man. As long as you tag the file with the "Explicit Language" tag you may bomb away... I could not imagine a real "troop inspired" broadcast full of ceanliness. Being a Vet myself I know how to swear in 7 languages.

Springer...

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Hey Boss... GOOD!

That said, unlike the Saigon show of 35 years ago..... it won't be EVERY OTHER WORD. At 22... IT was my favorite word IN COUNTRY. Now, I am much more selective. Those that are fans, however, won't be disappointed
!

Dave

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Hewwoooo Wabbit!

Yes, welcome aboard and thanks for doing what you are doing.

The insight you will bring to the table should be amazing and I am, like many others, are looking forward to it.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Always glad to meet a stead fast fighter for the truth...

Hail, and welcome...
glad you signed up for a tour here at ATS...

and thanks for doing so...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join