It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent number of hoax threads

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Is it just me or has there been a large number of really awfull fake/ hoax threads popping up on ATS recently?

Its not just on the UFO & Aliens forum either.

Thankfully, nearly all of them have been debunked by the fine users of ATS almost immediatly, and normally closed.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Ive noticed this too spreadthetruth , Some are just laughable , and plainly B.S but as you say there are some very clever members on here who know how to go around and completely debunk theese ridiculous hoaxes.

Also an increase I think just lately in People who claim to say for example state as fact " I am being manipulated/stalked by the CIA/NSA/FBI ETC " because they see a helicopter above there house . some of theese type of threads are down right entertaining , especially when you get other members who blindly lap up the stories as gospel truth.

Or this type of thing "OMFG my phone just rang and when I answered they hung up , well my first conclusion is its MI5 , lets write a thread about it on ATS "

Or "OMG I just saw a van today with a pyramid on its logo are the Masons/Iluminati/NWO taking over my town? what can I do to stop them ?"

seriously some people

[edit on 15-5-2006 by buckaroo]

[edit on 15-5-2006 by buckaroo]

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   
That's why on some threads, if you dont have a link, or a picture,
you shouldn't start at all.

I dont think they're hoaxes, they're just a story being told. That's all. Which is fine, if it was half beleivable.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I'd have to see an example of what you consider a hoax or fake thread to be able to agree or disagree, but I tend to go along with dgtempe. They may just be stories.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I'd have to see an example of what you consider a hoax or fake thread to be able to agree or disagree, but I tend to go along with dgtempe. They may just be stories.

Try this on for size: UFO in Florida

I haven't noticed an increase in these threads, to be honest.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Well... okay...

Yeah, I think that's a hoax, all right.

I haven't seen an increase lately either. There's always been a pretty steady trickle of people needing some excitement in their lives.

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Well guess that means my " I was abducted by three-headed Rush Limbaugh cloned reptoids from Zeta Gamma Lamda" idea is out.

Could of even made up some photos and published it on a site. Oh well...

posted on May, 15 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   
yup, it's annoying, isn't it? Just losers wanting the world to pay a bit of attention to them, I suppose. Sad.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I must agree. These past few week or so I've seen more hoaxes here at ATS than ever before - I've seen this in the Crypto forum. But the fact that ATSers get to the bottom of a story - one way or another let me feel at ease that a hoax won't get past us. On the other hand, maybe in some cases the truth is shot off as a hoax? Now that would be sad.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Well, this is no hoax. Its 3:30 am and i just wondered out into the living room, and i saw either a flash of an asteroid or lighting hit right outside the window.
Sorry, i didnt capture a picture.

I think the news today is exiting enough. What are we missing that we need to be more and more scared with crazy stories?

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Try this on for size: UFO in Florida

I haven't noticed an increase in these threads, to be honest.

LOL Oh that thread did make me laugh. They must think we are stupid! I've noticed quite a few of these threads recently.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 04:25 AM
link   
earlier today dgtempe, it was overcast, 95degrees 57percent humidity with 20% chance of thunderstorms....it was nutz. Oh sorry here in central Cali is where i meant... it may be that freaky system moving thru the Arizona area now. Lightning mighta struck. This is a dumb question but did ya hear any thunder afterwards?

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 04:30 AM
link   
omgz my girlfriend was listening to the cure and she killed herself, is rock music really filled with subliminal messages?

(the hoax in the above thread is quite easy to find, as the cure is not anything like rock music)

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Yes i do agree there has been some hoax threads but the members that debunked these threads deserve credit

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Heres another recent Hoax. Multiple files put together with sonic foundry acid. the poster attached an elaborate story to said mp3. it was a funny listen to say the least.

the main dog bark clip had a small hiss in it between the end and start again. i caught it first listen, then bigtime second and third listen. the machine gun being twice as loud as the chopper it was being fired from was pretty funny also. Gemwolf (and a few others) did some sweet investigation to quell this one quickly.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

there was another about an ammo cache found by a youngster with a vivid imagination and a penchant(sp?) for drinking unknown liquids outta bottles in his garage of a house he just moved into, but it finally got trash bin'ed.

Remember when serpo was the rage a few months ago, now that was a hoax...it seems their not even tryin anymore on these.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 07:23 AM
link   
How about the Troublemaker Thread? Why does that not count as a fake thread?
Or is it simply misleading?

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I have to say today that it is getting pretty pathetic around here. Even the new Intro threads are very peculiar.

Come out come out today is the day. I feel as though
i need meds of some kind today.

Welcome to TTZ (The Twilight Zone) Where there are no requirements or rules.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Heres another....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I have to say today that it is getting pretty pathetic around here. Even the new Intro threads are very peculiar.

Come out come out today is the day. I feel as though
i need meds of some kind today.

Welcome to TTZ (The Twilight Zone) Where there are no requirements or rules.

Today has been strange, what with the angry poster and the helloI almost . . . well, nevermind. It's just been a strang ATS day.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Today has been strange, what with the angry poster and the helloI almost . . . well, nevermind. It's just been a strang ATS day.

What day at ATS isnt strange? ,lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join