It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan and his Decendants

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I do not believe it has been suggested "Creativity" was within the realm of the Sons of God, nor do I think anywhere, we are suggesting they "partook" in respects to this. They certainly have powers over such things as the Elements and Forces on Earth, but I agree it was God, that was the source of all creation.

First, the phrase, "Sons of God" does not ONLY refer to angels but also to men. Too many people think it only refers to angels, hence the Genesis passage must be speaking of angels. Below I offer my support.

Deut 14:1
"You are the sons of the LORD your God; you shall not cut yourselves nor shave your forehead for the sake of the dead.
NASU

Ps 82:6-8
6 I said, "You are gods,
And all of you are sons of the Most High.
7 "Nevertheless you will die like men
And fall like any one of the princes."
8 Arise, O God, judge the earth!
For it is You who possesses all the nations.
NASU

Hos 1:10-11
It will be said to them,
"You are the sons of the living God."
11 And the sons of Judah and the sons of Israel will be gathered together,
NASU

Isa 1:2
Listen, O heavens, and hear, O earth;
For the LORD speaks,
"Sons I have reared and brought up,
But they have revolted against Me.
NASU

In the New Testament we have these passages.

Matt 5:9
9 "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.
NASU

Luke 20:36
36 for they cannot even die anymore, because they are like angels, and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection.
NASU

Gal 3:26
26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.
NASU

What was happening in Genesis 6 can be better understood as we also look at this passage from Ezra.

Ezra 9:1-2
Now when these things had been completed, the princes approached me, saying, "The people of Israel and the priests and the Levites have not separated themselves from the peoples of the lands, according to their abominations, those of the Canaanites, the Hittites, the Perizzites, the Jebusites, the Ammonites, the Moabites, the Egyptians and the Amorites.

2 "For they have taken some of their daughters as wives for themselves and for their sons, so that the holy race has intermingled with the peoples of the lands; indeed, the hands of the princes and the rulers have been foremost in this unfaithfulness."
NASU

So the phrase "sons of God" in Genesis 6 is not referring to angelic beings but mere men. The Nephilim are not modern day UFO's. To draw that from a few passages is nothing but conjecture.

Again, no where...I repeat, no where in Scripture do demons ever present themselves with flesh bodies. Since they have no fleshly bodies they then have no sex organs, if they have no sex organs they have no sperm, if they have no sperm then they can't father children.

Even if demons possess a man they cannot father children for it is not their sperm but that mans. Demons cannot create so they cannot make sperm magically appear.

Demons would not marry women but rape them for to marry them would indicate they follow Gods command.

Demons can do nothing without permission from God. In Job Satan could not harm Job, he could not do anything at all until God allowed him to do so.

Demons do not rule this earth. The earth is the LORD's. Scripture states that Heaven is His throne and earth His footstool.

The evidence denies any thought that the Nephilim and UFO's are connected or that they are evil demon human hybrids. Yet I'm sure many will continue to do so.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
It is usually presented that Noah and his family were pure lineage, but why is Noah as a child, or baby described as his face shone like the sun, and his hair white like wood and his eyes so blue as to be different than normal humans? I interpreted this to mean Noah had divine origin.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
It is usually presented that Noah and his family were pure lineage, but why is Noah as a child, or baby described as his face shone like the sun, and his hair white like wood and his eyes so blue as to be different than normal humans? I interpreted this to mean Noah had divine origin.

Where, may I ask, does it give this description of Noah?

It says this of Jesus, not Noah.

Matt 17:1-2
2 There he was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and his clothes became as white as the light.
NIV

posted on Aug, 22 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnrealZA

First, the phrase, "Sons of God" does not ONLY refer to angels but also to men.
Too many people think it only refers to angels, hence the Genesis passage must be speaking of angels. Below I offer my support.

I agree with the excellent point you make here, in respects to this "Usage", although, Genesis 6:2, as an example is speaking about the the Watchers, Gregori, The Fallen, apposed to Man.

"That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they
were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. "

Sons used in this sentance is in the Hebrew as follows.

1121 ben bane from 1129; a son (as a builder of the family name), in the widest sense (of literal and figurative relationship, including grandson, subject, nation, quality or condition, etc., (like 1, 251, etc.)):--+ afflicted, age, (Ahoh-) (Ammon-) (Hachmon-) (Lev-)ite, (anoint-)ed one, appointed to, (+) arrow, (Assyr-) (Babylon-) (Egypt-) (Grec-)ian, one born, bough, branch, breed, + (young) bullock, + (young) calf, X came up in, child, colt, X common, X corn, daughter, X of first, + firstborn, foal, + very fruitful, + postage, X in, + kid, + lamb, (+) man, meet, + mighty, + nephew, old, (+) people, + rebel, + robber, X servant born, X soldier, son, + spark, + steward, + stranger, X surely, them of, + tumultuous one, + valiant(-est), whelp, worthy, young (one), youth.

And the Root 1129

1129 banah baw-naw' a primitive root; to build (literally and figuratively):--(begin to) build(-er), obtain children, make, repair, set (up), X surely.

Of, is of course quite simple, meaning of.

And the word God, in this Verse is as follows.

430 'elohiym el-o-heem' plural of 433; gods in the ordinary sense; but specifically used (in the plural thus, especially with the article) of the supreme God; occasionally applied by way of deference to magistrates; and sometimes as a superlative:--angels, X exceeding, God (gods)(-dess, -ly), X (very) great, judges, X mighty.

And in the plural sense,

433 'elowahh el-o'-ah; rarely (shortened) >eloahh [el-o'-ah probably prolonged (emphat.) from 410; a deity or the Deity:--God, god. See 430.

In verse 6:2 it was ben bane of elohiym

So, despite what your excellent comments have been, in offering "Other" examples that utilized this term, we do have a Specific meaning denoting the Sons of God, as exactly that. Not Man

What was happening in Genesis 6 can be better understood as we also look at this passage from Ezra.

Ezra 9:1-2
Now when these things had been completed, the princes approached me, saying, "The people of Israel and the priests and the Levites have not separated themselves from the peoples of the lands, according to their abominations, those of the Canaanites, the Hittites, the Perizzites, the Jebusites, the Ammonites, the Moabites, the Egyptians and the Amorites.

2 "For they have taken some of their daughters as wives for themselves and for their sons, so that the holy race has intermingled with the peoples of the lands; indeed, the hands of the princes and the rulers have been foremost in this unfaithfulness."
NASU

So the phrase "sons of God" in Genesis 6 is not referring to angelic beings but mere men. The Nephilim are not modern day UFO's. To draw that from a few passages is nothing but conjecture.

But my friend, this statement applied to Ezra, is not what you are suggesting it is.

Please Continue the Commentary.

Ezra Prays

Ezra Chapter 9
5 And at the evening sacrifice I arose up from my heaviness; and having rent my garment and my mantle, I fell upon my knees, and spread out my hands unto the LORD my God,
6 And said, O my God, I am ashamed and blush to lift up my face to thee, my God: for our iniquities are increased over our head, and our trespass is grown up unto the heavens.
7 Since the days of our fathers have we been in a great trespass unto this day; and for our iniquities have we, our kings, and our priests, been delivered into the hand of the kings of the lands, to the sword, to captivity, and to a spoil, and to confusion of face, as it is this day.
8 And now for a little space grace hath been shewed from the LORD our God, to leave us a remnant to escape, and to give us a nail in his holy place, that our God may lighten our eyes, and give us a little reviving in our bondage.
9 For we were bondmen; yet our God hath not forsaken us in our bondage, but hath extended mercy unto us in the sight of the kings of Persia, to give us a reviving, to set up the house of our God, and to repair the desolations thereof, and to give us a wall in Judah and in Jerusalem.
10 And now, O our God, what shall we say after this? for we have forsaken thy commandments,
11 Which thou hast commanded by thy servants the prophets, saying, The land, unto which ye go to possess it, is an unclean land with the filthiness of the people of the lands, with their abominations, which have filled it from one end to another with their uncleanness.
12 Now therefore give not your daughters unto their sons, neither take their daughters unto your sons, nor seek their peace or their wealth for ever: that ye may be strong, and eat the good of the land, and leave it for an inheritance to your children for ever.
13 And after all that is come upon us for our evil deeds, and for our great trespass, seeing that thou our God hast punished us less than our iniquities deserve, and hast given us such deliverance as this;
14 Should we again break thy commandments, and join in affinity with the people of these abominations? wouldest not thou be angry with us till thou hadst consumed us, so that there should be no remnant nor escaping?
15 O LORD God of Israel, thou art righteous: for we remain yet escaped, as it is this day: behold, we are before thee in our trespasses: for we cannot stand before thee because of this.

Ezra Chapter 10

1 Now when Ezra had prayed, and when he had confessed, weeping and casting himself down before the house of God, there assembled unto him out of Israel a very great congregation of men and women and children: for the people wept very sore.
2 And Shechaniah the son of Jehiel, one of the sons of Elam, answered and said unto Ezra, We have trespassed against our God, and have taken strange wives of the people of the land: yet now there is hope in Israel concerning this thing.
3 Now therefore let us make a covenant with our God to put away all the wives, and such as are born of them, according to the counsel of my lord, and of those that tremble at the commandment of our God; and let it be done according to the law.

So what IS the Problem here?

"We have trespassed against our God, and have taken strange wives of the people of the land"

Not leaving their heavenly realm, and procreating with the daughters of man.

There is no Nephilium here.

And I do not need to go to lengths to disturb you further, since it is painfully clear, You do not Agree with this.

Your examples where excellent though, and expressed clearly, so all can know, being a son of God, is as easy as accepting Christ, today. He was sacraficed for us. We to, "Can Be", and thats a good thing.

Ciao

Shane

[edit on 22-8-2006 by Shane]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
really enjoyed this thread and all opinions in it,thanks for posting shane

i believe in god allthough im not a christian but i was brought up in catholic schools and always thought that what gets taught and accepted by the masses just seems to have something missing/missing the point or just not quite right but god has always stayed in the back of my thoughts and in the past couple years ive had this urge to look into different opinions/interpretations of the bible so yeah thanks for a thought provoking read

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Shane

You concider Cain the son of Satan while Abel is the son of Adam? However the bible clearly says Cain was the son of God, being the firstborn of Adam, belonging to God and counted as God's descendant. However Abel means Breath, but also Vanity or Perishable and is connected to Satan, the Prince of the Air, in that it contains his name Bel or Ba'al. In English we recognise Cain in words like Cane - stick or reed and Can - to master, while we find Abel in words like Able and Apple.

"Cain can walk with a cane, but was Abel ever able?" The word for serpent is Nachash and is closely connected to the word for the copper alloys bronze and brass, or what they make bells from, hence bell - Ba'al or Bel in the sence of ringing. Ba'al may mean married to or dominating, being in controll, putting a ring on the fingers either as a sign of devotion and commitment or as a sign of power - Ba'al. The Gr. word for worship used in Revelation in relation to the beast and it's followers, means literally to kiss someones hand or ring like a dog licks the hand of it's master.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join