It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outbreak of black, tar-like sweat in southern Texas?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The same site, that reported it as a viral ad campaign, also did an update (three to be exact) that would indicate that it is being looked at by the CDC...

but they still dont have ANYTHING on the CDC website.

I am thinking that it is in the "inspection stage" so it probably wont be listed until they confirm that it is a unique new disease...

I dont think this is viral campaign either at this point. It would be way far overboard unethically, and at this point criminal (with the suicide)

while it appears to be everywhere, it also seems to be most noticable in the gulf states...
dead zones in the gulf, might harbor harsh biomes,

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   
That is just the thing, if it is not a disease the CDC won't be interested. If it is what the video says it is, then we are dealing with a man made plant-insect hybrid.

Which is why other cases out side of the states interests me. The more instances of this that can be found, the better chances of figuring out a common denominator.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
THEN there is synchronicity. Philip K. Dick could be spot on in 1977, as is with copious amounts of SF.

I don't think we should be throwing our money into it at the drop of a hat. Outside sources are good, but so is going straight to the source. I will be calling up the Morgellons Foundation soon if one of you don't beat me to the punch.

On another note, one of the characteristics that continually gnaws at the back of my mind is the victim's lack of immune response to the disease. I havn't heard reports of infections accompanying the lesions. This may be due to the possibility that the disease does not have any natural enemies, therefore immune systems do not recognize it and therefore do not respond as such. If this is the case, then that is a very strong indicator that the disease is artifically produced.

All probably. But that is my take.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Since this goes by names other than Morgellons, I searched CDC for Delusional Parasitosis. The CDC had no information, but did provide a link to another site. There I choose the keywords: parasitism by Collembola, Strepsiptera or Morgellons.

The search of parasitism by Collembola led me to Survey of reports on synanthropic Collembola living in close association with man. This site discusses the Collembola, (springtail), as skin irritants or skin parasites. It lists reports of human infestations of this bug as far back as 1896, and as recent as 2004.

The reports are interesting because of the listed symptoms. See if this sounds familiar to you.

Greenslade, P. (1995:247,248,250,255,256) Australia
p.256: "Records of E. unostrigata causing a nuisance in dwellings were first made in 1941 (PESCOTT 1942) where it was said to be "causing itch" in a hospital.
Greenberg, Z. (1985) cited from Hopkin, S.P. (1997:3) ?:
"There is one case in the literature of a patient who was diagnosed as harbouring an ectoparasitic population of Collembola in her hair after complaining of an itchy scalp for over a year (Greenberg 1985).

Amin, O.M. (2004:2,7) U.S.A.:
p.21(2003),2(2004): " Neurocutaneous Syndrome (NCS) include lesions [that] may also be on the scalp where they may be associated with infestations of springtails (Collembola).1 "Black specks associated with such infections appear to be metabolic waste (fecal elements) of these organisms or mycelial masses of certain fungal species."

p.24(2003),7(2004): "In April, 2001, LG moved to an apartment which was heavily infested with mold and mites. Lesions started appearing on LG's face which quickly became red hot as if on fire. By May, 2001, LG had several open lesions (6 mm to 2 cm in diameter) accompanied by erythema, on her face and scalp. Her cheek pulsated as the facial lesions seemed to track to the chin where the most fulminating lesion was; nearest to her teeth. Springtails (Collembola) and fibers were recovered from these sites. "

And

Frye, F.L. (1996:2-7) Iowa:
Recently, I was contacted by an official of the National Pediculosis Society who was investigating the possibility that all members of a family that was living in Iowa and suffering from very sever and intensely pruritic mutifocal head, trunk, and pubic dermatitis were infested with parasitic collembolan (springtail) insects. Once the Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta, Georgia began to investigate pruritic dermatitis of unknown pathogenicity, they found 123 cases.

Barclay, L. (2004) U.S.A.
"In [the] single-site clinical study conducted by the NPA and the Oklahoma State Department of Health, multiple skin scrapings from each of 20 individuals diagnosed with delusory parasitosis were examined microscopically. Extensive examination using imaging software revealed evidence of Collembola in 18 of the 20 subjects."

You may have noted that I bolded the National Pediculosis Society. I did that because I browsed their site, and guess what I found? Another video documenting the mystery illness.

Maybe I'm way off base. Dunno.
Sorry for the long quotes, but they seemed appropriate.

By the way, I'm itching all over after all this creapy research. Thanks a lot.

[edit on 5/31/06 by makeitso]

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Not sure if this link was provided yet, let me know if it has been, please.

See page 11 #31

more than 100 cases of Morgellons disease have been reported in South Texas.
CONDOR - Department of Homeland Security Daily Open Source

*Note 16/pg/pdf

Also just found this, some one who may be open to this study.
Adam Slao

[edit on 1-6-2006 by ADVISOR]

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   
The source of following letter is: lymebusters.proboards39.com...

Here's what several sufferers recently received from the CDC

"Rutz, Dan (CDC/NCID/OD)" wrote:

Thank you for your inquiry to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), regarding your concerns over the condition referred to as Morgellons. CDC shares these concerns because affected persons are clearly suffering. However, CDC scientists have insufficient information at this time to determine whether these complaints constitute a single disease or several diseases, and, if it is a single disease, what are the cause(s) or risk factor(s). Given the current limited knowledge of the condition, a multi-disciplinary approach involving many different groups, such as environmental health, chronic disease, infectious disease, and mental health, will likely be needed to better define the condition, how to study it, and ultimately, how to prevent it.
Recognizing this, CDC recently convened an internal meeting with programs from various parts of the Agency to discuss potential approaches and a plan to develop an appropriate CDC course of action to address this concern. A suggested outcome of this meeting was to establish a multi-disciplinary work group. The chair of this work group will provide periodic reports to CDC’s Office of the Chief Science Officer. This group will devise a plan to better and more quantitatively understand the dermatologic and other problems recently reported as Morgellons and will delineate potential steps to take to address this problem.
Thank you again for your inquiry. I hope this information is helpful.
Sincerely,
Dan Rutz, MPH
Special Assistant for Communications
National Center for Infectious Diseases (NCID)
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
MS C-14
1600 Clifton Road NE
Atlanta, Georgia 30333

[edit on 1-6-2006 by gretajane]

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 01:24 AM
link   
My doctor was not afraid to touch my lesions or handle my blue, red, black, and clear fibers -- then, within a few weeks, the fibers started coming out of his hands. He would scrub and scrub and scrub and they would keep reappearing.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 02:03 AM
link   
man, and i live in south texas.

this is freaking me out.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Ginger Savely is a Nurse Practioner who treats Morgellons patients. She has recently moved to San Francisco to treat patients.

She and Mary Leitao co-authored an article on ADVANCE for Nurse Practioners:

nurse-practitioners.advanceweb.com...
EditorialSearch/AViewer.aspx?AN=NP_05may1_npp16.html&AD=05-01-2005

She discusses the patients, what their experience has been with doctors, and what meds she is using to treat the Morgellons. Also discussed is the contagion possibilities. Cats. dogs and horses are affected too.

Also mentioned is that 30 of 31 patients she treated tested positive for Lyme borrelia.

It has been stated on the Lymebusters website that she uses Igenex to test for Lyme and it has been mentioned on LB that not all Lyme tests are reliable. Some have been likened to being no better than flipping a coin. However, it has generally been the consensus on LB that Igenex and Bowen are good labs to use for Lyme testing.

I've read all the posts up to here and have been glad to see a message board that doesn't have a majority of posts mocking people who have this disease. There has been quite a bit of research done here, although the first 2/3rds of the thread so far seemed to be a lot of the basics and some flailing around suspecting a hoax.

The viral marketing topic was a surprise when that popped up last week, but I think even the authors of those two websites have thoroughly apologized and on Digg there are follow-up comments that eventually cleared that up.

The fact that the CDC has no mention of Morgellons on their website, while it is putting together a "task force" to look into this "syndrome" is frustrating. Especially when something like the Bausch & Lombe eye fungus gets posted right away. Also, there has been all along a "we're working on it" message that didn't match with their website and their letters are phrased so that someone who is hopeful can read more into it than is stated.

Another brick wall to fight is the Delusional Parasitosis theory that the doctors use to hustle Morgellons people out of their offices as soon as the strange symptoms are mentioned. No exam, no blood tests, no samples to investigate any possible parasitic infection or systemic disease.

For those that have Lyme disease, or some version of it, delayed treatment doesn't help. When 30 of 31 patients have tested positive for Lyme borrelia, perhaps more doctors should leave Ekbom's old tired 1938 unproven DOP theory and try doing some real testing and treatment of the patients who come to them for help.

It's been a relief to see a message board that has an intelligent and inquisitive approach to this mystery.

By the way, while GretaJane, above, suspects one mode of getting infected (on LB), I have several candidate sources in mind, some of which were mentioned early in this thread. I was diagnosed with scabies by a doctor (from a distance) and although the scabies didn't behave the way it was described when I looked it up, I used the Lindane I was given. At about that same time, I got head lice, which I believe cleared up within the first few treatments, however, for the next five years I continue to have itching/'crawling scalp symptoms. And, for the unusual ChemTrail possibility, I was passing through the desert and there was a large spiderweb strand across the brush and I passed my arm through it before walking through it, and I noticed it melted into my arm - I remember thinking that odd and that I wanted to go back and bring a camera, but got busy and forgot to do that.

I had other things I wondered as a possible source of this, but I mention these 3 since they were speculated on this thread, and as a sufferer of this Morgellons disease, I wanted to confirm that I had experienced those things.

Thank you,

Diana
questionhair on Lymebusters / Morgellons website.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 06:17 AM
link   
What excellent posts! Now we're cookin' with Crisco!

I was under the impression chemtrails were aluminum particulates used for deflecting solar radiation and slowing global warming, or at least that is my understanding up to this point in time.

I found them on my truck the morning after a day of happy trail blazing. But this is still speculation. Chemtrails could be anything.

The risk factor is very important, obviously, in order to prioritize proper defenses. For now I am washing my hands more frequently and scrubbing down in the shower more vigorously just to make sure. And boosting my immune system. Another good rule of thumb here is to make visits to the fields more infrequent, and wash clothes and shower as soon as possible if coming out of one.

I sure am glad I am not a crop circle researcher living in Texas, or worse, migrant help. They don't have any access to medical treatment, can you possibly imagine? Lord.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   
The springtail, seem to fit this parasite profile...
Also fit the symptomology...

and very little has been studied, other than a new understanding of how many cases there are
seems we have a candidate...

in much the same way that Ulcer bacteria were thought by the medical community as a whole, to be a hoax... this is as well...

99 out of 100 doctors do not accept yet, that springtails (a very common garden pest) come in all flavors... including the carnivorous variety...

as makeitso's info stated... 18 of 20 people tested, had infestations (many with no other symptom) which would place it into the "everyone has it, but bothers some more than others" catagory of diseases...
any doctor can tell you, those are the worse to identify...
springtail parasite- new scourge

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Thanks Laz, good work!

There were so many research opportunities in the Survey of reports on synanthropic Collembola living in close association with man that I had to go back for more. I found the actual study article about the 18 out of 20 people having Collembola. It's a facinating (but horrific) read, with tables and photographs.

The study was published in the Journal Of The New York Etomological Society (PDF). The controlled research study of individuals diagnosed with delusory parasitosis was performed in cooperation with the Oklahoma State Health Department. The study used a sample of people from the 1500 people registered with the NPA as experiencing crawling and/or biting/stinging sensations in the absence of lice or scabies.

Besides the information that they found Collebola in 18 of the 20 people, the findings indicated that all 20 of the individuals had a variety of pollen, fungi and what appeared to be insect eggs, larvae or embryos. The control group did not have these. The study hints that allergic reactions to the pollen or fungi may be causing the itching as much or more than the bugs, and that the presence of the fungi may be a prerequisite for the collembola infestation.

Also found thru the Survey of reports on synanthropic Collembola living in close association with man page:

1. A clinical report on a Collembola infestation in a woman from 1998. The pictures and discriptions are disturbingly similar to Morgellons. For example the picture from the woman is very similar to one from Morgellons Research Foundation

2. An abstract about domestic infestation of the neotropical Seira brasiliana (springtail) in Florida indicates that this tropical species appears to be expanding its range.

It was described from Brazil in 1939 and was first found in Puerto Rico in 1973 and first collected in Florida in 1980.

Drs Christiansen and Bellinger are finishing a revision of the species of the genus Seira in the America's which contains a new illustrated key. The work is to be published in the Carribean Journal of Science and should be finished summer 1999.

3. The National Unidentified Skin Parasite Association. The site was registered in 1998, and has some ideas on the cause, and some tips for sufferers.

The National Unidentified Skin Parasite Association is a U.S.A. organisation that offers message boards, discussion forums and a confidential questionnaire that can serve as a self support system for people with undetermined symptoms that resemble lice and scabies infections.

[edit on 6/1/06 by makeitso]

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Of the 20 people who did the NPA study, some also were tested for Lyme disease.

Please contact Sidney, who posts on NUSPA and Lymebusters. She participated in the study and is considered an "oldtimer" on the Morgellons message boards. Another oldtimer is jwf, who posts in yellow on Lymebusters. If you contact him, you'll get deeper information.

jwf sometimes posts and then removes his posts after he has made his point. I'm not sure why, but recently, on a thread at LB/Morgellons he mentioned that Sidney had posted on NUSPA that 9 out of 9 of the 20 participants in the Collembola study had tested positive for Lyme disease.

He found an old archived post that confirmed that 7 out of 7 had tested positive for Lyme, but not the post re: 9 out of 9.

When I first found the Morgellons board - out of frustration with the lack of belief and treatment from MDs - I read the NPA study and realized those little bugs jumping around the bathroom floor were springtails. On my next visit to a Dermatologist, I brought one of the springtails and the NPA study and info on Morgellons. The MD was not receptive.

Is there a systemic infection and parasitic co-infection going on with some of the Morgellons patients? I was diagnosed with a systemic fungal infection last year (Valley Fever) but have been experiencing Morgellons symptoms for 5 years now.

I do not see fibers exiting my body, and am one of the Morgellons sufferers who have only the scalp symptoms. Intense itching in specific hair follicles, a general crawling symptom in specific areas, one time a "slithering" feeling under the scalp around the skull, the sensation of a single hair twitching (others feel their sections of hair move on their own and report that others can see it - and it is reported to happen with some of their dog's fur too - moving sections of fur). When we pull out the itching or strange feeling hair, we find that the root of the hair is deformed. Often looking like a golf club, or bent double like a shepherd's crook, or that two hairs are in the same place. We suspect that the root is actually a parasite or inhabited by a parasite, based on what happens when you add ammonia to the root. Also, there are "gel-hairs" where the shaft of the hair is surrounded by a clear gel that is soft at first, hardens into a casing, and in my case sometimes changes to a fibrous cluster.

All of this is visible slighly with a jeweler's loupe or magnifying glass. If a microscope is used, it is photographable.

However, most Morgellons patients have a hard time getting a physician to do any examination. Even a visual examination is cursory and my own experience after repeatedly asking my Valley Fever ID doctor to use a magnifying glass was frustrating when she finally agreed to. She came back with a plastic credit-card-type of magnifier. When I objected, she insisted it would be fine, and after about 10 seconds of looking once again announced there was nothing there.

Please note that these Morgellons patients are from all over the United States and the world. The frontline of medicine in the face of any epidemic is our doctors.
Why is there no knowledge of the spread of Lyme disease or something that looks like Lyme disease?

The doctors aren't reporting it. The health agencies aren't gathering data. The CDC is d r a g g i n g its feet on this.

Please read Ginger Savely's and Dr. Randy Wymore's and Lyme Literate MD's comments on lyme.

Note that it is suspected that casual transmission is occuring between humans. Lyme spirochetes are found in semen, breast milk, and can be passed in utero mother to child. Spirochetes have been found in tears.

Many of the Morgellons people posting on Lymebusters associated Morgellons with an initial bed bug bite, or scabies, lice, flea, mite, tick, spider, mosquito encounter.

There is something to do with the bowels too. IBS, LGS, Crones disease, etc.

Diana

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Just a word on Fungi...
most people have a resident fungi, as well as hundreds of resident bacteria...
all part of our flora and fauna...
as George Carlin says "dirt is good for ya"

a large part of the increased infections we see now, is due to a human based super bug breeding program, that kills off weak bacteria, and allows the strong ones to thrive (and kill us) all due to a misapplied use of antibacterial soaps (bad bad bad)

most people are never bothered by these, and many times get rid of them, when they get treated for something else...

I feel that these morgellons sufferers are being hit with 2-3 of these issues, and perhaps more...
but probably all stemming from an infestation that is common, but with uncommon reactions among this group...

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
dang you all are good. good information.

why was south texas being singled out though? i dont get it? i read the entire post and others mentioned that its all over the place... but say that most of the cases are in certain areas... some say south texas... now i hear that its california. whats going on?

i had scabies about 13 yrs ago... it lasted for 4 weeks... but i got cured from it. most horifying infection i have ever had. but it pales in comparison to this.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I think the emphasis on south Texas started because it was associated with Travis Wilson's death.

The news agencies picked up on that. However, many other news stories started to come out at the same time.

www.morgellons.org...

At the above link are the video clips and articles. In the video clips are a Portland Oregon MD who has Morgellons. It was mentioned at the LB message board that she also tested positive for Lyme, although not mentioned in the video.

Also, there is the major baseball player and his family, and I believe they are associated with Oakland.

The one from Alabama is powerful and a behind-the-scenes view of a family with Morgellons.

From Los Angeles, there is a teaser video clip and then Part One interviews some people with Morgellons and includes an interview with Ginger Savely and some with Dr. Randy Wymore. The Part Two video clip shows a family of four, all of them have their faces blurred. They are interviewed, and the mother has tested positive for Lyme, but there wasn't enough in the budget to test the children. Part Two is a real winner in that it shows the typical attitude of Dermatologists experienced by many Morgellons sufferers. The UCLA Dermatologist interviewed was a perfect sample of doctors smug belief and instant diagnosis of Delusions of Parasitosis.

From Texas, Lisa Wilson is interviewed about her son Travis Wilson, who died. She has posted on Lymebusters/Morgellons since her son has died and has shared more information on his death. She does not believe her son committed suicide but perhaps misjudged his pain meds. He was a brilliant and prolific writer and he left no note, too.

Also, in a previous post someone had found the American Journal of Clinical Dermatology article on Morgellons, the whole article can be read on the Morgellons website at the Publications section, click the first one in the list.

www.morgellons.org...

There are so many speculations on what causes Morgellons, including mold, increased travel, fabrics such as imported clothing, or headrests in planes, or movie seats, etc., bug bites, touching between humans or touching the same objects (like gym equipment with sweat?). Because the symptoms are so varied, you can go to pest control forums and read desperate posts by people who are suffering with "invisible bugs", or people who are diagnosed with MS might actually have Lyme Disease instead, the chance that everyone who has Morgellons has found the Morgellons website is probably small.

Some of the Morgellons sufferers were put in mental wards against their will because the doctors didn't believe their symptoms when they went to ER for help. Some mothers who went to doctors were diagnosed DOP and labeled in their medical file. When they took their children in for treatment for the itching and crawling, etc. symptoms, they were believed to be transferring their mental illness to their children. Children's Protective Services departments were called on some mothers and at least one, for sure, had to walk carefully to get her child back out from foster care. Other parents have tread carefully, trying to relieve their children's symptoms without jeopardizing custody of their own children.

It is a typical reaction that doctors have believed this to be a mental illness or associated with drug habits. If you have viewed the interviews on the video clips above, you'll see that these are just regular people. Morgellons sufferers live in everything from motels, to apartments, to middle-class to million dollar homes.

I've seen people out in public with the same physical signs shown and discussed on the Morgellons board. One mother (Taratula38) whose son got this treated his infection aggressively and made him move out when it cleared up. If you recognize this quickly, you might have a chance to knock it down.

Morgellons may be more widespread than realized.

Diana

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Well, the simple fact of this hypothetical parasite situation is this...

You will likely never be able to get rid of it without burning everything you own, and moving to a new house... as well as taking formidable treatments inbetween...

this is like lice, but way worse, based upon the assumption that it is a very small omnivore like springtails causing this...

other parasites can be killed by direct affect, or starving them to death, by keeping them from a food source...

for a parasite that can eat anything, it can never be starved...

the proper way to address our hypothetical parasite, would be to manage it, and try to make it compete for survival, against its vegitarian cousins...
or perhaps use another predator of springtails to eradicate them on a micro level...

ever time people get treated, they may be reinfesting themselves, merely by going back to the same house... and unlike lice, you cant "wash/comb the visable nits" away.
maybe heat kills them? maybe people with this problem, (after removing candles/crayons/ect) need to crank up the heat, and see if it can kill them at the source (within the home)... and then see if the body can finally get a leg up on them...

this is assuming that it is our little springtails (the pictures look good enough to convince me)

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Well, if there is microscopic collembola involved, that could be a co-infection due to a systemic fungal infection that they are feeding on. About a year ago when I was going through my "maybe it's collembola" phase, I think it was zinc that killed folsomia candida collembola. (I printed out the study, but have boxes of info, and no idea where that printout is)

Just in case, I added a zinc supplement to my diet.

But, if it is collembola, or a microscopic version of it. Is it the chicken or the egg? What causes the body to be so fungal that it helps collembola to survive?

What about the Lyme aspect? In the American Journal of Dermatology, isn't the figure for positive Lyme tests of Morgellons patients even higher than the 30 out of 31 I previously cited? I think the number went up to 79 out 80 Morgellons patients had tested positive for Lyme Borrelia.

If collembola, are they the vector of Lyme? Or is it an opportunistic co-infection? And how do they get from person to person anyway?

What about the people who have been hatching little flies? Or hosting other parasites?

Don't these parasites understand that as soon as they cross the border of the United States, whether in a jet plane, or in produce, or in imported products or their packing materials, or inside another host human that these parasites are supposed to fall off and die at the border?

Someone needs to tell these parasite this. After all, few medical doctors in the United States get training in parasitic infection, and not enough believe parasitic infections are a problem to look for.

Whether parasites are the vector, the main disease, or an opportunistic co-infection, they do exist and doctors should be testing and treating for those as well as for a Lyme infection.

As for springtails, the only time I've seen them in my house is following a heavy rain, and only by one wall in the bathroom or the sink drain, or when the gardener over watered plants next to my bathroom wall. The springtails seem to have only sporadic phases of visible activity - directly connected to excessive water - and since I live in the desert, they don't seem to have it easy here.

Perhaps the collembola are just one co-infection among many that Morgellons people experience - based on their immediate environment. From reading the many posts on Lymebusters and Nuspa, I've wondered if the people in the Southwest have it easier than those in more humid climates. Some of us only have scalp symptoms. I wonder if it is because it is more alkaline in the Southwest, or drier, or . . . .what?

A survey done by Alex on Lymebusters is available to researchers - just ask him for the password to access the raw data.

Diana

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I know that the herb Wormwood is a anti parasitcal. I gave a plant of it to my mother to put in the garden, it looks nice as well. This herb can be put in tea or be taken in a number of ways, even eaten in salad.

I highly advise looking into the properties of this plant. I have a Planetary Herbology holistic medicine book that was written by doctors. It covers Chinese, Aurvedic and Western herbalism. Will get back with the details.

Ok, here we go.
In this medical book of mne based on holistic medicineit discusses "PARASITICIDES", something that modern doctors have no idea about obviously. It says;

These herbs kill or expel internal and external parasites.
Parasites flourish in an enviornment created by eating too much of sweets and starchy foods. They usually are repelled and destroyed by herbs and foods with bitter taste. Hence why very bitter herbs like wormwood and golden seal are effective against parasites. Hot spicy herbs like cayenne also help burn up parasites and are used in tropical areas partly for this reason.
Substanced that repel or expel worms are called vermifuges, while those that destroy them are called vermicides. Anthelemintic is a generic term for both.
Dietary therapy is essential in the treatment of parasites.

The book has the ISBN #0-941524-27-2

Wormwood pg 212;
Parts used; leaves

Active constiuents; absinthol which is common to all wormwoods, in addition to essential oils inlcuding pinene, cineol borneol phenol cuminic aldehyde, artemisiaketone.

Properties; alteraive, cholagogue, emmeanagogue, astringent, vermifuge.

Uses;
It is used to counteract fevers, regulate the liver and menes and treat anemia and arthiritis. It also is abortive. Itis taken as a bitter tonic and given to eliminate intestinal worms and parasites. A wash of the tea will releive itching fro rashes.

PRECAUTIONS!; Contraindicted during pregnacy.

MEANING TO NOT TAKE IF PREGNANT.

Dosage; one teaspoon of the dried herb infused in a cup of boiling water or 3-9 gms.

Golden seal has anti bacterial properties.

I eat habanero hot foods, and hope that helps. This I have at hand the book and if requested will reference it.

This post not intended to treat, diagnose or otherwise suggest medical support.

[edit on 2-6-2006 by ADVISOR]

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Wormwood might be effective, but be careful...
it is also toxic...
as advisor said... read up on it, before trying it...

Questionhair,
I also thought about the opportunistic infestation of springtails related to funghi...
and also about your contention that springtails might be a vector for lyme disease...

if they eat "us" and actually take blood or flesh, then i think you are on to something...
I knew someone with lyme, that had almost no way of getting a tick...

but a common household and garden pest (usually not visable) could very well have been the cause...
I assume (will check) that springtails could harbor lyme as well...

If this is the case, then i project that a normal fungal infection attracts them, and via establishing a population, causes the fungal infection to spread (springtails might "farm" there own fungi with their feces, similar to termites/ants)
so that you end up with a host, who is ravaged by a fungis that is promoted by a springtail infestation... and hence you have a cyclic buildup...

killing the food, might result in a diet change, and temporary lessening of symptoms, but they would come back again, when they re-established the population again.

I also have read awhile ago... that springtails are much more common than we think... we dont see them, until they form community balls, that are thousands of the creatures... and then we see them as "collected dirt" only.

Questionhair, i would also assume that heat/cold should affect these things outside... but inside, they only need a way to travel...

sorry for all the assumptions, but we are hypothesising here...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join